Bears @ Wal-Mart Warriors

CriticalNoise

3 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Can someone remind me what the parking situation is like at Central? Is the entire school parking lot reserved?

Better than it used to be actually.  They have a dirt road leading up the hill behind the school now, so you can park in the grass and stuff.

4 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Can someone remind me what the parking situation is like at Central? Is the entire school parking lot reserved?

Just to lot on the left is. You have to show a pass to be allowed in. All others go up on the softball field site or around back. Or up the sides of the road. 

I'm all about rivalries, but when you allow students to wear shirts during "Union hate week" that say "U Suck" that's the bottom of the barrel. Then you go and make ignorant rap songs about James Mitchell, is it because your jealous of him? Oh and when i was dropping my daughter off at the school this morning i overheard the teachers talking they caught on camera someone in a central hoodie drawing dirty pictures of male parts on our sign in the front lawn last night. Your caught and I hope they hammer you.

Said rap song:

https://m.soundcloud.com/dy1un/we-did-it-first-union-hasbeen-diss-track

8 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I really don't mind the snack talk, when they loose they will say "only if Dalton wasn't hurt, or if so and so wasn't hurt" break out the basketballs , your done

*lose

And honestly, with a healthy Central and Union... Union would still win. 

The rivalry is fun for the area. PV-Appy, JJK-JIB, Pound-Clintwood, were all great rivalries. In any sport, they were intense as well as any record. Whether one team in undefeated and the other winless, the games are intense bc schools hate each other. I don't care how nasty or whatever everyone wants to refer to it as. I am a big fan of this Central-Union rivalry. Hopefully, it will become more competitive soon.

3 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

*lose

And honestly, with a healthy Central and Union... Union would still win. 

The rivalry is fun for the area. PV-Appy, JJK-JIB, Pound-Clintwood, were all great rivalries. In any sport, they were intense as well as any record. Whether one team in undefeated and the other winless, the games are intense bc schools hate each other. I don't care how nasty or whatever everyone wants to refer to it as. I am a big fan of this Central-Union rivalry. Hopefully, it will become more competitive soon.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

I'm all about rivalries, but when you allow students to wear shirts during "Union hate week" that say "U Suck" that's the bottom of the barrel. Then you go and make ignorant rap songs about James Mitchell, is it because your jealous of him? Oh and when i was dropping my daughter off at the school this morning i overheard the teachers talking they caught on camera someone in a central hoodie drawing dirty pictures of male parts on our sign in the front lawn last night. Your caught and I hope they hammer you.

Said rap song:

Wow. That was an incredibly STUPID rap song. I am not lumping all Central fans together but that is what makes people hate them. And after that stunt they may have provided extra motivation.

Union may not go all the way this year because of teams like Appomattox. Goochland seems to be on fire too. There are simply some better teams. 

I wouldn’t count Graham out. 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

Said rap song:

Legit laughed so hard all the way through this. I love rivalries.

The Union - Central rivalry has gotten out of control. Both sides are equally to blame and the adults are as bad as the kids. Someone is going to end up getting seriously injured in a football or basketball game between these two. It’s past time an authority figure in the schools or central office stepped in. 

Since the early 80's anything to do with playing Kelly/Central has been anything but a rivalry...it's just the annual Wise County beat down...with very few exceptions.  You have to be competitive to have a rivalry..and more often than not, that hasn't been the case. 

2 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

Since the early 80's anything to do with playing Kelly/Central has been anything but a rivalry...it's just the annual Wise County beat down...with very few exceptions.  You have to be competitive to have a rivalry..and more often than not, that hasn't been the case. 

^ This.

11 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

8 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

^ This.

Both sides have blame. 

The rap was rather....err, pedestrian. It is like they want to give Union some motivation to whoop their tails. It’s trash talk. It is a lot more idiotic than it is out of line and it is not even really out of line. It’s dumb. 

Secondly, they are right that Union has no team rings. Central is better than Union at some sports like girls basketball and tennis. I am pretty sure that Union is usually better at boys basketball. They are in volleyball (at least this year). Golf. Union is almost always better than Central in football. It was usually like this in the Powell Valley and Appalachia years. 

In sports where Union is clearly better, Union hasn’t won state because they have lost to the better team and in many cases the best teams. I don’t think Central would fair any better against teams like Appomattox, Clarke County, or any of those.

If anything, Central has given Union more motivation. 

21 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I won't listen to the song out of spite, but I find it funny. If the kids from Central wanna make a diss track, more power to them. I wouldn't wanna give Union extra motivation to beat me by 60 but that's me. 

They were already going to beat them by 60. Now I say it’s by 66. 

17 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

They were already going to beat them by 60. Now I say it’s by 66. 

Travis was likely gonna try and mix up the offense to try and get a pass game going, but he may just decide to score however possible as much as possible. 

I jus hope WC punts it to 82.

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Travis was likely gonna try and mix up the offense to try and get a pass game going, but he may just decide to score however possible as much as possible. 

I jus hope WC punts it to 82.

Apparently they go hard, so they should kick to him every time with no fear of him making them look like a crunch bunch team?