Gerald Sensabaugh @ Crocket

Dick_Vitale

8 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Lets see,hummm, BARRY JONES coaches the lines, SENSABAUGH coaches the backs and the NICK C returns to GATE CITY= STATE CHAMPIONS in 2 years.......SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

Start making the calls now.

11 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

The fact that he happens to be African-American will prevent him from ever coaching at GC. They're not a very progressive school system, to put it mildly. 

WOW , but your right, not many students of color there, could be the problem there also, its not the early 20's you know(not you Grapeape but others)

I think it is silly. Crockett seems to be much better in football. The kids seem to be enjoying it. 

He mentions things wrong with the system. The school division is angry and doesn’t want to listen. 

I have complained about things wrong with my place of employment. I didn’t do it on Facebook or a forum because I just don’t do that. 

He he seems as if he really cares for his students. Whether or not you agree with him is not the issue. 

He was not posting liberal things or conservative things. It seemed like he was being honest. 

9 hours ago, Grapeape said:

The fact that he happens to be African-American will prevent him from ever coaching at GC. They're not a very progressive school system, to put it mildly. 

Apparently you have not been a Gate City fan too long, Stan Rogers was on the staff at Gate City for 20+years, as well as baseball coach.......My how soon people forget!

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

Apparently you have not been a Gate City fan too long, Stan Rogers was on the staff at Gate City for 20+years, as well as baseball coach.......My how soon people forget!

I'm talking HC. And I love Rogers, but he's done zero actual coaching in 20+ years. Media day was the last day he came to practice for many years.

2 hours ago, Grapeape said:

I'm talking HC. And I love Rogers, but he's done zero actual coaching in 20+ years. Media day was the last day he came to practice for many years.

He was on the sidelines for years, I guess he was just a cheer leader.

12 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

I guarantee that he has a coaching job somewhere by next season. Not everyone has 1-ply toilet paper skin. 

Hes rocking the boat pretty hard, idk if a school board will take on the risk of being called out by him.  

13 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

I guarantee that he has a coaching job somewhere by next season. Not everyone has 1-ply toilet paper skin. 

Not at a high school. He is a first year coach with a 5-2 record. Not worth the headache and having his players make a decision on whether to play a game without him is not a good look. 

Sensabaugh is a good guy, in a bad spot. This is his first gig as a head coach and could have shown more maturity and not got into an argument with the school board but he is the type of person who will defend himself. He will be a successful coach because he is a successful person, just maybe not in his current location. I am anxious to see how they handle the situation of all the kids saying they will not play if he is not the coach. This has gotten way ugly. 

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

A 5 and 2 record at a program that has been historically awful... 

Never said he'd be a head coach but he'll be on a staff.

Furthermore, their two losses were by 2 and 1 point(s), meaning they're a few plays shy of a 7-0 record

I can't help but think that if Sensabaugh was white, this wouldn't be an issue with the well-to-do folks in Washington County, TN...

To reinforce cityofRaven's point about Crockett's futility, some fun facts about the Pioneer football program:

Last 7 win season: 2000

They have never won a playoff game in their 46 year history

Only 5 winning seasons in their history

Overall winning percentage: 26%

I could go on

Source: http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=David Crockett