Gerald Sensabaugh @ Crocket

Dick_Vitale

28 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Nope. Not Pizza King and no sign back then. No GPS and people that didn't even know their own street #.

And in a less than desirable vehicle for some of the neighborhoods I frequented. 

Then yes, you should have been arrested, jailed, perhaps prison... Solid argument. 

12 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Tough to discredit the cop form doing their job of investigating suspicious activity.

What was suspicious about it???  An extremely expensive car outside a barber shop??  Is that really considered "suspicious"???  I don't get it...

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

According to whitepages.com there are 93.

Actually surprised there are that many. Still, zero excuse for a police officer to investigate on that basis alone.

i did see one being driven in Bluefield, WV a few months ago and actually did a triple-take and then confirmed it when I got home.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Actually surprised there are that many. Still, zero excuse for a police officer to investigate on that basis alone.

i did see one being driven in Bluefield, WV a few months ago and actually did a triple-take and then confirmed it when I got home.

In a few years there will be "Smart Plates" that will allow a officer to scan and "Run" the plates of all Cars in an area this will be sold as an anti discrimination measure but will in reality allow officers to cast a wider net.

2 minutes ago, Counts said:

In a few years there will be "Smart Plates" that will allow a officer to scan and "Run" the plates of all Cars in an area this will be sold as an anti discrimination measure but will in reality allow officers to cast a wider net.

That will not pass Constitutional muster absent some earth-shaking reversal by the Supreme Court.

16 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

After researching more, and I advise you do the same, he circled the block or something... made it look suspicious. Cop ran the plates and saw the violations. 

Tough to discredit the cop form doing their job of investigating suspicious activity. We can argue all day about the nature of suspicion but neither of us were there. I take the cops word it was suspicious even if the activity was not intended to be. 

Circling a block is suspicious behavior?

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Bentleys are rare in Kingsport so it is rather suspicious.  

So, you saying it is profiling to pull over someone driving a Bentley, or any other high dollar car???  Damn, my boss better watch out when he's driving his Mercedes S600 Maybach to the Benz dealership in Kingsport for service...the boys at The Virginian will sure get a kick out of that, if it happens...

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Oh yea. There's a DJ, Autumn, Glen, Ashley, Carolyn, Michael, Lisa, Sharla.....the list goes on and on. ;)

7 minutes ago, GMan said:

So, you saying it is profiling to pull over someone driving a Bentley, or any other high dollar car???  Damn, my boss better watch out when he's driving his Mercedes S600 Maybach to the Benz dealership in Kingsport for service...the boys at The Virginian will sure get a kick out of that, if it happens...

Oh, and by the way, he had a Rolls at one time too...

https://www.caranddriver.com/mercedes-maybach/s550-s600

1 hour ago, GMan said:

I was being a wise arse to UVAOs DWB comment only. 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:37 AM, Dick_Vitale said:

Anyone else following this? First-year coach having success but he is stirring the pot nicely over in that area. 

I'm just basing my info from his facebook account but seems like he is testing the norms and trying to "bring about change" to a community. Check it out for those interested. Careful though, it is a rabbit hole and you'll be lost in hours of reading his stuff and the comment trash. lol

Opinions?

It's easy to be so outspoken when you have nothing to lose.  Just like everything else, there's at least two sides to every story.

2 hours ago, jjkfan said:

It's easy to be so outspoken when you have nothing to lose.  Just like everything else, there's at least two sides to every story.

Ehh, the more this thing unfolds, he does have some things to lose. Mainly, he accused a guy of stealing money and selling drugs. If both are false or even one, GS will most likely get sued I would imagine. 

18 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

That will not pass Constitutional muster absent some earth-shaking reversal by the Supreme Court.

How so no different than a radar setup or road checks ....I think traffic light cameras have already set the bar president wise