Announcement from the VHSL regarding state semis

swva_havok_fan

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

But it's fair, if we make it, and Appomattox is rated higher , I wouldn't mind the trip, good field great hosts ...but let's order some warmer weather

With the crappiest visitor bleachers ever. I think everything I carried into the stadium fell through those bleachers. What a death trap those were.

So...what happens when there's inevitably a tie in Power Points?

I wouldn't think they would go by overall record, but that might be the best way

Knowing the VHSL, they'll probably just choose the school that is further East and/or North

What is this, like the 3rd or 4th year now that Graham is going to state? Come on man, they are good but you really think they will beat Richlands? If they do do you think they can run the ball on Union? Cover Cook , tackle the Qb you win .....Go Richlands

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

What is this, like the 3rd or 4th year now that Graham is going to state? Come on man, they are good but you really think they will beat Richlands? If they do do you think they can run the ball on Union? Cover Cook , tackle the Qb you win .....Go Richlands

?

8 minutes ago, EH31 said:

?

We have to make it there for this to happen, will we??? We found out we could throw against Central(not really a good test I know) I just hope to see this gam at "The Park" , Appomattox is the measuring stick until someone in AA beats them

Just now, jarhead24219 said:

We have to make it there for this to happen, will we??? We found out we could throw against Central(not really a good test I know) I just hope to see this gam at "The Park" , Appomattox is the measuring stick until someone in AA beats them

I was just wondering where the animosity against Graham came from when no one in this thread said they were going to state? One Giles fan said he wouldn't mind to see Graham play Appomattox, but that was the only time Graham was mentioned. 

Just now, EH31 said:

I was just wondering where the animosity against Graham came from when no one in this thread said they were going to state? One Giles fan said he wouldn't mind to see Graham play Appomattox, but that was the only time Graham was mentioned. 

We have heard for YEARS NOW , that GRAHAM is going to be at the state game, maybe not on this thread , but elsewhere , Graham has a good team , they have a great player in Cook, they have a above average QB , line play.... not so good , they very well meet Appomattox in the semi's but let's play the game first before you cast the crowns at their feet. I would rate Union and Graham even on offense but Union  has a better D, someone who has seen both teams "Live" should comment , not me I have just seen video

22 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

We have heard for YEARS NOW , that GRAHAM is going to be at the state game, maybe not on this thread , but elsewhere , Graham has a good team , they have a great player in Cook, they have a above average QB , line play.... not so good , they very well meet Appomattox in the semi's but let's play the game first before you cast the crowns at their feet. I would rate Union and Graham even on offense but Union  has a better D, someone who has seen both teams "Live" should comment , not me I have just seen video

i think most would agree that Graham is clicking at the right time and would be a dangerous team to play but The only person that I have seen post that Graham is the best team in the region is @BigWinners who is a union fan? 

You said Graham and Union are even on offense but Union has the better defense, which is probably true even though Graham has a deceptively good defense (only allowing 10 ppg) with the best linebacker in the area and one of the best secondaries. So if you think Graham and Union are that close then why did you say "you really think they will beat Richlands?" 

Maybe there was talk last year about Graham going to Salem? If there was it could've been warranted since the only team they lost to made it there. 

Graham is hot right now which means people are going to be talking about them, but I don't think anyone is counting out Union in the region. 

I think Graham IS the best team in the region. Union is still one dimensional on offense. The Union front seven is very very good but the outside and coverage on fast athletes has been an issue and Graham has fastest athletes around. Graham is a matchup nightmare for Union. Union would have to play their best game to beat Graham. Graham would need to play very well to beat Union as well and Union would have advantage at LOS but G-Men are rolling right now. 

FTR, Graham crushes Richlands. 

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

i think most would agree that Graham is clicking at the right time and would be a dangerous team to play but The only person that I have seen post that Graham is the best team in the region is @BigWinners who is a union fan? 

You said Graham and Union are even on offense but Union has the better defense, which is probably true even though Graham has a deceptively good defense (only allowing 10 ppg) with the best linebacker in the area and one of the best secondaries. So if you think Graham and Union are that close then why did you say "you really think they will beat Richlands?" 

Maybe there was talk last year about Graham going to Salem? If there was it could've been warranted since the only team they lost to made it there. 

Graham is hot right now which means people are going to be talking about them, but I don't think anyone is counting out Union in the region. 

Grahams offense is better than Unions right now. I think any objective fan would agree. The G-Men offense is more diverse and has that big play ability. 

Unions better on defense, but there is holes. But on the whole it's a great unit that has smothered teams all year, holding multiple teams under 100 total yards.