Graham vs Richlands

Graham32

hard to believe it but I’m on a record setting team in a bad way. Graham doesn’t win this year it will be 10 years. Something in my mind tells me Richlands comes to play. 

Graham 28

Richlands 21

If Graham had beaten Richlands at least once in the last decade, I would pick Graham by 14.  But Richlands is really deep in Graham's head at this point, especially after Graham blew a 21-point lead last year.  I'm picking Richlands until Graham shows me they can do it.

Richlands - 21

Graham - 17

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

If Graham had beaten Richlands at least once in the last decade, I would pick Graham by 14.  But Richlands is really deep in Graham's head at this point, especially after Graham blew a 21-point lead last year.  I'm picking Richlands until Graham shows me they can do it.

Richlands - 21

Graham - 17

UVAOBSERVER I appreciate your candor and honesty. I respect you as much if not more than anyone on here. We have had our verbal jousting and you have put me a my place more than once over the years. You more than anyone helped me to see how stupid I was when I first started posting here. 

With that said, this time you are wrong in part. You are probably right in saying we are in the Gmens heads. This year I believe that the athlete's Graham has over ours will be just to much for us. Our young men will play very hard and give it their all. The speed you all have will just be too much for us in my view.

The game being played at Richlands will help but I'm a realist and just see what's coming. I will be there with all of Richlands football community hollering and yelling for our young men and probably yelling at the refs to...lol. 

I hope you are right in your prediction. Hope to see you there. We can talk a little bit. 

I made my mistake last week, wont do it again. I'm not sure Richlands is better than VHS and we saw how that worked out. Richlands does have some edge mentally but not enough.

G-Men big.

Wtf how do I get rid of this quote box?

7 minutes ago, BlueRazor said:

UVAOBSERVER I appreciate your candor and honesty. I respect you as much if not more than anyone on here. We have had our verbal jousting and you have put me a my place more than once over the years. You more than anyone helped me to see how stupid I was when I first started posting here. 

With that said, this time you are wrong in part. You are probably right in saying we are in the Gmens heads. This year I believe that the athlete's Graham has over ours will be just to much for us. Our young men will play very hard and give it their all. The speed you all have will just be too much for us in my view.

The game being played at Richlands will help but I'm a realist and just see what's coming. I will be there with all of Richlands football community hollering and yelling for our young men and probably yelling at the refs to...lol. 

I hope you are right in your prediction. Hope to see you there. We can talk a little bit. 

I'll be prepping for a trip to Charlottesville to see UVA host Boston College (and God willing, perhaps even see UVA clinch bowl eligibility).  If not for that, I'd be there.

Richlands's defense is stout nonetheless.  It could well cause doubt to creep in if the points don't come easily.

27 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I plan on making the trip up to check this one out. I've been wanting to see Graham in person since the season started and Unions open week happened to fall at the right time. 

Graham - 34

Richlands - 30

Richlands is scoring 17.8 ppg & giving up 19.1 ppg.

Graham is scoring 39.5 ppg & giving up 10.8 ppg. 

It'll be interesting to see how they match up. 

9 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Richlands is scoring 17.8 ppg & giving up 19.1 ppg.

Graham is scoring 39.5 ppg & giving up 10.8 ppg. 

It'll be interesting to see how they match up. 

Everything I know about high school football is telling me to take Graham big. But like someone said earlier, Until Graham gets that win over Richlands it's tough for me to pick them by a wide margin. 

31 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Everything I know about high school football is telling me to take Graham big. But like someone said earlier, Until Graham gets that win over Richlands it's tough for me to pick them by a wide margin. 

I agree to an extent.

Graham has had some chances to beat Richlands over the last 10 years but during that time Graham hasn't had the better team between the two. Last year they were pretty close to being even in talent but the Lineplay & QB gave Richlands the edge. 

I understand that Richlands has won 10 or so games in a row against graham but like I said they were the more talented team in each case, which means they should've won. So I get it if people want to use the "Richlands is in Graham's Head" card but I don't think that applies to the pre-game talk this year - Because I think that this year most would agree that Graham is the more talented team for the first time since 2007, or maybe even 2004. 

If graham loses this game then I'll fully support anyone playing that card. 

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I agree to an extent.

Graham has had some chances to beat Richlands over the last 10 years but during that time Graham hasn't had the better team between the two. Last year they were pretty close to being even in talent but the Lineplay & QB gave Richlands the edge. 

I understand that Richlands has won 10 or so games in a row against graham but like I said they were the more talented team in each case, which means they should've won. So I get it if people want to use the "Richlands is in Graham's Head" card but I don't think that applys to the pre-game talk this year. Because I think that this year most would agree that Graham is the more talented team for the first time since 2007, or maybe even 2004. 

If graham loses this game then I'll fully support anyone playing that card. 

Fair enough. Can't argue that whatsoever. 

I think In the end the athleticism of Graham will become apparent over 4 quarters and be the difference. I'm sure Coach Mance will have a game plan put together to try to play keep away and if he's successful with that, then who knows. I'm definitely looking forward to being there to see it. 

Some may not agree but I think Richlands matches up well against Graham in many phases of the game. Richlands has the depth to rotate and the strength on the line where they could be able to control the ball on offense and wear Graham's defensive line down. 

Controlling the ball and limiting the big plays will be the key for Richlands to compete in this game. If they let Cooke, or Allen, or Lester get loose for some quick scores then Graham should run away with it since Richlands doesn't have the offense to put up 25+ points in a game. If Richlands can limit the big plays and hold graham under 21 points then it'll be interesting to watch. 

Mance my have Grahams number, but Graham has us out numbered in play makers. Until Richlands makes a QB change and there 4 injured starters get back they may only win 2 more. However, Graham won t be one of them. Long year for the Blues and probably missing the playoffs. Won't get any better for next year unless the draft is good for us. 

G-men by 2 touchdowns. Maybe 3.

I know history but I can't see this one even being very close. Marion had a good athlete in Ford. Graham has several athletes and is good in the passing game. Richlands may stuff the run but their secondary I think will get lit up. Gmen by 14-21

1 hour ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Are you ever going to get over this man, or you going to be bad about Tazewell losing until next year!!

Has nothing to do with this year's loss. Just many years of Richlands fans puffing their chests out. It's not all of them but enough. 

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

Has nothing to do with this year's loss. Just many years of Richlands fans puffing their chests out. It's not all of them but enough. 

Every school has that one fan that will inevitably get on your last nerve so to speak. I work with "that" Richlands fan. There are many Richlands fans on here that are very respectful and have taken this season in stride. 

Mance was frank when asked about the playoff chances of his team.

“Not real good,” he said. “Look at our record, and we’ve got one of Southwest Virginia’s hottest teams in Graham next week. Who cares about playoffs. Too many people are worried about playoffs. We’ve got to win a game.