Graham vs Richlands

Graham32

On the broadcast they said Dan Brown went down with what looked to be a knee injury. 

1. Is it serious?

2. I know he starts at WR, but does he play a big role on defense? 

3. Is he related to Ron/Timmy/Ben ? 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

On the broadcast they said Dan Brown went down with what looked to be a knee injury. 

1. Is it serious?

Have not heard yet how serious is it.

He was playing safety at start of season but got injured. Marion was his first game back and they only played him at WR.

Yea he is, he is a brother also and the last one.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

1. Is it serious?

He’s the youngest kid of Ron and Edith. Brother to Timmy and Ben. 

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Bluefields: 14-1 (the loss coming in the GB game)

Scott County: 1-22 (lone win against Jenkins, KY)

Bluefields = Anti-Scott County

Giles County: 12-3 (And we beat Bluefield in a glorified scrimmage and had the chance to beat Graham so we're on yalls coat tails! Haha)

21 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Hey Stu, 

I hate the way SOME Richlands fans act myself,  but believe me,  it works both ways,  and what I mean by that is,  that back in the 70's and part of the 80's when the Dogs were winning the majority of the matchups,  I worked with, played golf with, and was around some Tazewell fans that were just as bad...........believe me,  I heard it almost every day when you guys beat us.  It may be a little worse now by some  of the Blues fans because of all of the scocial media stuff,  but I bet if twitter and facebook and the forums were around back then it would have been the same.  I'm not making excusses for the way some have acted, but it happens with every fan base.  

I always try to remain humble about the success the blues have had for the Mance era because that's the way I was taught and I also know that everything changes over time and the success we have been blessed with could, and probably will come to an end at some point.  I know some or most will point to this year and say it already has come to an end,  but this is one year and we had a lot of turnover on offense, plus one of the toughtest schedules in AA,  so I think we are allowed a tough season this year.  I guess we will see how things go from here.  

I do wish the dogs good luck the rest of their season and think they have a very bright future ahead of them now.

Now as far as the graham game goes,  I feel pretty much the same as a lot on here do.  I think the Blues will play hard and give Graham a good game,  but I am worried that Grahams speed and talent at the skill positions will be the difference in the game.  The blues are big and deep,  but just have a lack of speed that has hurt them this year and it will again in this game.  It hurts me to say that as much as I love the Blues,  but I am a realist.  I love how hard they have played,  but just have had a tough time matching up with the speed some of the teams have had and Graham has plenty of it as well. Some of the injuries the Blues have suffered since the start of the season hadn't helped,  but all teams have to deal with that during the course of a season.  I sure hope that I am very wrong about this game though.  I hate to pick against my blues so with all that I just said,  I will still go ahead and pick the Blues to win 24 to 21 with a Levi fieldgoal being the difference.  I just can't make myself pick against them !

Can't speak to the 70's as it was before my time and as for the 80's to young to remember or even care back then.  Most of my judgement and or view comes from when I started to get into football which was around 98.  My opinions were formed by what I witnessed as I started to get interested in it.  My parents couldn't care less about football so I was left to form my own views.  Although I may do facebook, I don't pay attention to all the useless banter on there about most anything.  I agree that the cave dweller fans come out and bring their finest when things are up with any team.  I've heard some of our fans that I wish would crawl back into their dark cave as well.  One thing I can't stand and I know it happens is the transfers.  I won't get into it but it's not college you should play for where you are supposed to play.  That's all I have to say about that.  I believe in mutual respect and to show what is given.

It will be good to see all of the county teams being competitive again and to keep the SW district title in what is my mind the home county of it.

Footnote...I'm not saying all Richlands fans are bad, just been around my fair share of them.  I have family that has moved down there and graduated from there (legitimately lol) and even have family members here on the board that are huge Richlands supporters.

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Can't speak to the 70's as it was before my time and as for the 80's to young to remember or even care back then.  Most of my judgement and or view comes from when I started to get into football which was around 98.  My opinions were formed by what I witnessed as I started to get interested in it.  My parents couldn't care less about football so I was left to form my own views.  Although I may do facebook, I don't pay attention to all the useless banter on there about most anything.  I agree that the cave dweller fans come out and bring their finest when things are up with any team.  I've heard some of our fans that I wish would crawl back into their dark cave as well.  One thing I can't stand and I know it happens is the transfers.  I won't get into it but it's not college you should play for where you are supposed to play.  That's all I have to say about that.  I believe in mutual respect and to show what is given.

It will be good to see all of the county teams being competitive again and to keep the SW district title in what is my mind the home county of it.

Footnote...I'm not saying all Richlands fans are bad, just been around my fair share of them.  I have family that has moved down there and graduated from there (legitimately lol) and even have family members here on the board that are huge Richlands supporters.

Yes Stu is my family and I PROUDLY claim him. We make the football thing work. 

Richlands fans, where will be the best place to stand? I plan on coming up and checking it out, but I doubt I'll get there early enough for a good seat. (Around 6). So where will be the best place for me to stand for the game? Every other time I've been to Ernie Hicks I've of course been on the visitor bleachers, but like I said I don't plan on getting there as early as normal. 

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Richlands fans, where will be the best place to stand? I plan on coming up and checking it out, but I doubt I'll get there early enough for a good seat. (Around 6). So where will be the best place for me to stand for the game? 

If you're there by 6, you'll have a seat on the Richlands side I would assume. 

Just now, EH31 said:

I had thought he was but I wasn't 100% sure. I could tell by the tone of his voice that Ron was upset when it happened. 

There will be a small gap before the next wave of Browns emerge. There are 7 kids and Daniel is the youngest. The oldest few have kids so hopefully the genes stay productive lol.

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Would be nice to meet up and match some faces with usernames!

I won’t be there. Calling the Blacksburg @ Hidden Valley slaughter on Friday. But I already know your face ;) hahaha