Battle for runner up in the Mountain -- Abingdon @ Ridgeview

swva_havok_fan

Who would've thought coming into the season that Ridgeview could possibly finish 2nd in the Mountain 7 didstrict?  I'm a Ridgeview guy obviously, and even I would've told you, you were insane.  Having watched Abingdon against Virginia High, I really like the Pack's chances in this one.  A Ridgeview win would guarantee the Pack no worse than second in the district.  The friendly confines and mountain air of Rose Ridge should make a huge difference.  How many people will make the trip over from Abingdon?  How many times will I get asked directions from Abingdon to Ridgeview in the coming days?  Anyways, back to the game.  I am thinking something like:

Wolfpack 21, Falcons 17

I may change my mind between now and next Friday, but I really believe we can pull this off.

You may as well post directions. I personally don't need them but I am sure there are going to be some that don't know how to get to Clintwood. 

As for the game.

Abingdon. 35

Ridgeview  17

Abingdon coming off the bye week and the extra time to get healthy and prepare gives them the advantage. 

4 hours ago, Falcon Mania said:

You may as well post directions. I personally don't need them but I am sure there are going to be some that don't know how to get to Clintwood. 

Seems like it would be quicker to Ridgeview from Abingdon coming from the Haysi end rather than the Clintwood end...but I’m not sure. Either way, that’s a pretty good ride.

6 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

Seems like it would be quicker to Ridgeview from Abingdon coming from the Haysi end rather than the Clintwood end...but I’m not sure. Either way, that’s a pretty good ride.

I do it every home game. I actually live in Bristol and work in Abingdon even though I'm from Dickenson County originally. Lol. 

From Abingdon, you take 19 to Hansonville, turn left on Alt 58, take it to St. Paul. Turn right on 63, take 63 across Dante Mountain into Dickenson County to Fremont. Turn left on 83 in Fremont and go to the top of the mountain. Make a right up the mountain on Rose Ridge Road to the school which will be on your left at the roundabout. 

On 10/14/2017 at 9:12 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

From Abingdon, you take 19 to Hansonville, turn left on Alt 58, take it to St. Paul. Turn right on 63, take 63 across Dante Mountain into Dickenson County to Fremont. Turn left on 83 in Fremont and go to the top of the mountain. Make a right up the mountain on Rose Ridge Road to the school which will be on your left at the roundabout. 

^^^^ This

Good post for those that were wondering how to get there this Friday

On 10/14/2017 at 9:12 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

I do it every home game. I actually live in Bristol and work in Abingdon even though I'm from Dickenson County originally. Lol. 

I guess distance-wise it's not that bad, but that's still a pretty good ride on some rather curvy roads.  Riding that on a bus stands a good chance of leaving a few players green by the time they get there.

20 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

I guess distance-wise it's not that bad, but that's still a pretty good ride on some rather curvy roads.  Riding that on a bus stands a good chance of leaving a few players green by the time they get there.

I leave work on Friday at 5:00 and I am normally in the parking lot at Ridgeview and tailgating by 6:10- 6:15.

23 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Wonder how many wine boxes will be spilled on the trip from Abingdon?

Over/Under on how many trips to Rose Ridge Abingdon fans will make before they head back to the SWD, 4?

Lol!  Is that counting all sports?  If so, this Friday will make 2 already.  They've already made the trip for volleyball.

32 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

I don't think that's the route the bus will take, or at least I would hope not.  I would imagine the bus would leave earlier and use an easier route as apposed to going over Dante Mountain.

There really isn't a straight route to get there. Regardless of which road you take, there's going to be quite a few curves and at least one mountain. Any way they go will be a rough trip by bus.

I would like to apologize to the Abingdon fans in advanced for the overly loud speaker volume at ridgeview..and for the god awful music they play between downs and when a sack happens...its kind of embarrassing.

Just now, 2000wave said:

I would like to apologize to the Abingdon fans in advanced for the overly loud speaker volume at ridgeview..and for the god awful music they play between downs and when a sack happens...its kind of embarrassing.

What kind of music is it?

12 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

11 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

What kind of music is it?

Please tell me this is it