Battle for runner up in the Mountain -- Abingdon @ Ridgeview

swva_havok_fan

32 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

Lol...the wife and I have had this discussion before..it should be that.  But, when we sack someone..its Taylor swift (look what you made me do).  Aside from the music being hilarious, the volume is way too loud..it will hurt your ears

Is it worse than Grundy? Cause they turn those speakers up to 11.

22 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Wonder how many wine boxes will be spilled on the trip from Abingdon?

Over/Under on how many trips to Rose Ridge Abingdon fans will make before they head back to the SWD, 4?

Don't worry, we'll leave all the Boones Farm at the Suds and Duds for you. 

On 10/16/2017 at 9:13 AM, Falcon Mania said:

I don't think that's the route the bus will take, or at least I would hope not.  I would imagine the bus would leave earlier and use an easier route as apposed to going over Dante Mountain.

Not sure when the last time you have been over Dante has been, but the Dickenson County side of the mountain is nothing but a huge straight stretch down into Trammel.

2 hours ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

Really Taylor Swift!! I was planning on coming probably not now.. haha

What are you talking about? I was with you the other day and you had Taylor Swift on repeat, singing as loud as you possibly could! lolol

4 hours ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

Really Taylor Swift!! I was planning on coming probably not now.. haha

3 hours ago, 2000wave said:

Yes, when Ridgeview gets a sack....they play a clip of her, it's annoying.

3 hours ago, big ugly vol said:

I have calm my oldest son down every time they play that stupid crap. He gets so mad. 

Every time I hear that, it makes me want to slap a kitten.

17 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

So, why didn't the Jordan kid play last night?  He was the one doing all the running in the Virginia High game, but didn't see him at all last night.

He didn't play? That's strange. He's emerged as their biggest threat out of their backfield. Im not sure if he was hurt late against us or not. He did have the fumble that helped set up our game winning drive. They have a few decent runners, but not having Pierre's speed back there hurts them big time. 

Maybe @Falcon Mania can shed some light on this?

16 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

He didn't play? That's strange. He's emerged as their biggest threat out of their backfield. Im not sure if he was hurt late against us or not. He did have the fumble that helped set up our game winning drive. They have a few decent runners, but not having Pierre's speed back there hurts them big time. 

Maybe @Falcon Mania can shed some light on this?

They said he had a hip injury which was bad for us.  Congrats to the Wolfpack for not giving up and making the halftime adjustments.

7 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

They said he had a hip injury which was bad for us.  Congrats to the Wolfpack for not giving up and making the halftime adjustments.

Oh, ok. Thanks! 

That is a big blow. No doubt that Pierre is the best RB that VHS has played against so far, this season.

2 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Oh, ok. Thanks! 

That is a big blow. No doubt that Pierre is the best RB that VHS has played against so far, this season.

Better than Graham’s RB?  Not being sarcastic. Just curious is all. 

55 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Graham's RB was pretty good but from an offensive standpoint, Cooke and Allen did most of the damage against us. Pierre, for Abingdon, has an extra gear that I didn't see out of Graham's RB. No slight to Graham's RB, he is a good ballplayer. Pierre also packs a pretty big punch for a smaller frame. He can break tackles. If he were Cooke's size, he would be getting a ton of recognition as well. Pierre, at least against us, had some ball security issues. That would be the biggest knock that I had against him.

I've seen Union's front 7. If they play their game, it should still be enough to win the game. Abingdon does do a pretty good job with the Wing-T, which can be deceptive if run correctly, but without much of a passing game, a dominant D like Union's should be ok.

Abingdon's coach deserves a ton of credit, with such a drastic change in skill personnel, to still be able to have a productive offense in a completely different scheme from last year.

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Graham’s best RB is out for the year. 

Yeah, I saw film on him. He's good. I believe it was #4 who did most of the running against us as a RB. Someone from Graham's side, I believe, told me that he was the backup QB. Not sure if that's true, though.

41 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

When VHS played Graham that was only Devin Lester's second game at running back. He started there against Lebanon but basically only played 1 quarter after being up 42-0 in the first. Before that he hadn't worked out as a RB and he started at QB 2 games and WR 2 games. He's cable and athletic but he's still learning the position.