Lebanon vs. VHS

Bearcat Dad

VHS has until next Friday to find their way out from behind the woodshed that the G-Men took them to on Thursday night. 

Ive already seen a few posts on here that have written the Bearcats off as a contender in the region and that's ok. The Bearcats heard all week long about being ranked #1,  from most everyone in the community, and it got to their head. Hopefully they learned that they are not good enough to just simply show up to a game and their opponent will just roll over. No doubt that they were out coached and out played, but they started pressing too early and tried to challenge Graham to a track meet when it was still a game after the blocked FG. There's no team in Region D that has a chance in hell in trying to keep up with Graham in that way. Their speed is unrivaled around here.

Anyways, the Bearcats get back home for 2 straight, and look to rebound against Lebanon. I know the Pioneers are not very good this season, but even with the tough season VHS had last year, most figured that Lebanon would be an easy win. They were wrong. For everyone who has seen Lebanon, what are your thoughts on this game?

1 hour ago, Bearcat Dad said:

VHS has until next Friday to find their way out from behind the woodshed that the G-Men took them to on Thursday night. 

Ive already seen a few posts on here that have written the Bearcats off as a contender in the region and that's ok. The Bearcats heard all week long about being ranked #1,  from most everyone in the community, and it got to their head. Hopefully they learned that they are not good enough to just simply show up to a game and their opponent will just roll over. No doubt that they were out coached and out played, but they started pressing too early and tried to challenge Graham to a track meet when it was still a game after the blocked FG. There's no team in Region D that has a chance in hell in trying to keep up with Graham in that way. Their speed is unrivaled around here.

Anyways, the Bearcats get back home for 2 straight, and look to rebound against Lebanon. I know the Pioneers are not very good this season, but even with the tough season VHS had last year, most figured that Lebanon would be an easy win. They were wrong. For everyone who has seen Lebanon, what are your thoughts on this game?

I don't think anyone wrote VHS off, but I don't see them contending against best in Region D. Win one playoff game, which I would figure would be a great season for VHS. 

A trip to a place like Graham or Union would likely await the Cats in round two. I don't see VHS winning against either, but would obv have a better shot v. Union. Looks like Graham is the best of Region D right now, but a team like Union isn't far behind. 

If VHS gets the #3 seed, they will crush the #6 seed (unless somehow Ridgeview falls that far. RV is a very solid team that can give a team fits but I'd still favor VHS) and likely bow out against the #2 seed.

26 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

Bad news Bearcats !You will lose at Ernie .  How that will affect your match up in the playoffs is to be seen. 

Richlands is playing Virginia High this week? 

Hmmmm 

2 hours ago, ojrussell said:

Bad news Bearcats !You will lose at Ernie .  How that will affect your match up in the playoffs is to be seen. 

I'm sure the Bearcats will be looking forward to the opportunity. Not worried about the Blues right now, though. Still have Lebanon and Marion before then. See ya in a few weeks! Good luck with Graham, you're gonna need it. ?

16 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I don't think anyone wrote VHS off, but I don't see them contending against best in Region D. Win one playoff game, which I would figure would be a great season for VHS. 

A trip to a place like Graham or Union would likely await the Cats in round two. I don't see VHS winning against either, but would obv have a better shot v. Union. Looks like Graham is the best of Region D right now, but a team like Union isn't far behind. 

If VHS gets the #3 seed, they will crush the #6 seed (unless somehow Ridgeview falls that far. RV is a very solid team that can give a team fits but I'd still favor VHS) and likely bow out against the #2 seed.

I think Union is more physical and mentally sound than Graham. Both teams have speed. Will give Graham the edge. But Union has more people that can beat you than just Mitchell. Union plays clock control game and keep their offense off the field. Frustration sets in and they lose their cool. Game over. And I see RV beating VHS if they meet. RV is the sleeper in all this. 

Now saying all this, I mean no disrespect to graham or VHS. This is just how I see things playing out. It’ll be fun to see it all play out. But before all that, let’s finish the regular season. Got a district title to win!

3 hours ago, BearDawg said:

I think Union is more physical and mentally sound than Graham. Both teams have speed. Will give Graham the edge. But Union has more people that can beat you than just Mitchell. Union plays clock control game and keep their offense off the field. Frustration sets in and they lose their cool. Game over. And I see RV beating VHS if they meet. RV is the sleeper in all this. 

Now saying all this, I mean no disrespect to graham or VHS. This is just how I see things playing out. It’ll be fun to see it all play out. But before all that, let’s finish the regular season. Got a district title to win!

Union isn't anywhere as athletic as Graham.  Graham has multiple athletes and speed at all levels.  Mitchell will be tough to stop, but take him out of the equation, and where is Union?  As for Ridgeview, only time will tell.  Lets see what they do against Abingdon?  Then we will talk. 

20 hours ago, Canes00 said:

They can't pass basically they run the single wing without all the fakes or handoffs.The best player is number 2 that's about all you can say about them lol

# 2 is VA High's best player, but keep thinking that in 2 weeks, and Marion's streak comes to an end.  VA High has a lot more than you think.  If you think the Canes can compete any better with Graham, Good Luck!

52 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

# 2 is VA High's best player, but keep thinking that in 2 weeks, and Marion's streak comes to an end.  VA High has a lot more than you think.  If you think the Canes can compete any better with Graham, Good Luck!

He was talking about Lebanon. Hence the single-wing comment.

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

LOL nobody said anything about VA High 

6 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Union isn't anywhere as athletic as Graham.  Graham has multiple athletes and speed at all levels.  Mitchell will be tough to stop, but take him out of the equation, and where is Union?  As for Ridgeview, only time will tell.  Lets see what they do against Abingdon?  Then we will talk. 

Time will tell on that one. Graham gave up well over 100 yards rushing to central. We gave up 40 yards of total offense. This will be a fun game if/when it happens.  Should be a true battle. 

59 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Time will tell on that one. Graham gave up well over 100 yards rushing to central. We gave up 40 yards of total offense. This will be a fun game if/when it happens.  Should be a true battle. 

Jarrett Jesse had 127 yards against Graham. How many did he have against union? 

15 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Jarrett Jesse had 127 yards against Graham. How many did he have against union? 

Central had a total of 170 that game with Graham. Had to go back to look. Jarrett didn’t play agains Union. But Zack Miller was back from a broken collar bone. He’s not Jarrett though. 

44 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Central had a total of 170 that game with Graham. Had to go back to look. Jarrett didn’t play agains Union. But Zack Miller was back from a broken collar bone. He’s not Jarrett though. 

So the rest of Central's players had around 50 yards against Graham? See where I was going with this? Lol 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

So the rest of Central's players had around 50 yards against Graham? See where I was going with this? Lol 

That’s why I mentioned Miller being back. Either way, it’ll be a fun game to see if it happens. 

17 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

With their front 7 on defense, Union would be in pretty much every game regardless of who does or doesn't play on offense.  How many other teams in the region do you think could lose their starting QB in week 2 and still be undefeated with 2 games to go? It's true it would be tough with Mitchell out of the equation, but name me a high school team who wouldn't struggle without their starting QB and their best player, too.  

2 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

With their front 7 on defense, Union would be in pretty much every game regardless of who does or doesn't play on offense.  How many other teams in the region do you think could lose their starting QB in week 2 and still be undefeated with 2 games to go? It's true it would be tough with Mitchell out of the equation, but name me a high school team who wouldn't struggle without their starting QB and their best player, too.  

IE see Tazewell Vs Ft Chiswell without starting QB and best athlete WR...

11 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

IE see Tazewell Vs Ft Chiswell without starting QB and best athlete WR...

Most any team would struggle in that situation...I don't care who it is.  That's why when folks go on about "What if you took Mitchell away from Union", 2 things cross my mind.  First is "Well what if you took away any team's best player" and second is "They are already without their QB." Who knows whether or not they are the best team in the region...but, they are one of the most resilient. Since week 2, every team they have played came in knowing Union to run on offense, and they have to the tune of an average of around 325 yards per game.