John Battle vs Gate City, Predictions ??

odps

Reports indicated 11 players injured / not dressed, with Calhoun added to the list after reinjuring the ankle... I can't imagine 12 kids on the sideline injured. Never been part of a team at any level that had so many. Anyway...

21 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Reports indicated 11 players injured / not dressed, with Calhoun added to the list after reinjuring the ankle... I can't imagine 12 kids on the sideline injured. Never been part of a team at any level that had so many. Anyway...

Don’t forget the other who wasn’t there Friday due to having surgery that day. The count is actually up to 13. 

15 hours ago, Battleborn said:

Prediction 

Battle- a lot

GC-a little 

On a side note if battle does win i think it will be the first time ever winning agianst Gate City at battle 

Yes it WILL be JSB’s first win vs GC on Battle Hill. 3rd victory overall. A lot of history being made for the GC program this season, and not in a good way for GC. 

My prediction for this Friday night’s game, JSB vs GC:

Home side will be packed. Visitor side, not so much… There will be a Student lead prayer before the game. People will stand as Battle’s band plays the National Anthem… There will be Jalapeño peppers available for your hotdog in the concession stand… If a GC player is injured, ALL Battle players will take a knee... after the game, GC fans will blame the coach.

Battle’s Score will be high.  GC, not so much.

for what it's worth...

Bristol Herald Courier's prediction:

Gate City at John Battle

Last meeting: Gate City 16, John Battle 13 (Oct. 21, 2016 in Gate City, Va.)

The news is all grim for Gate City. The Blue Devils own the longest losing streak in Southwest Virginia at nine games and have been outscored by an average of 38-7. To pull off an upset, GC sophomore quarterback Jon Sallee must post huge passing numbers. … John Battle is 2-35 all-time against Gate City, but there will be a celebration tonight on Battle Hill. Look for another huge performance from fearless John Battle quarterback Lane Scarbrough as the Trojans top the 34-point mark for the fifth time this season.

Prediction: John Battle 35, Gate City 7

I wonder if Akers ever had his computer fixed this week. Heard earlier in the week no team film study because,

“my computer is tore up. You’re responsible for watching film on your own this week” - Akers

Some coach that is. You have the entire school at your disposal, plenty of computers and projectors in the classrooms. God forbid we can’t fit our 25 players into a classroom to go over film on John Battle. Heard he told a certain player yesterday, “You’re not hurt this week” when the kid has limped around all last week at practice and found a way to play with heavy tape on his ankle trying to go, and has limped around all this week. 

I have even heard Akers has yet to go see Brady Webb since his surgery. If so, that speaks volumes on what kind of guy we have leading our program. Especially when a former GC coach went to see him the night of his injury. 

Sorry if I upset an assistant coach again with my post. Sad, sad times for GC football.