John Battle vs Gate City, Predictions ??

odps

14 hours ago, Grapeape said:
7 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

I wonder if Akers ever had his computer fixed this week. Heard earlier in the week no team film study because,

“my computer is tore up. You’re responsible for watching film on your own this week” - Akers

Some coach that is. You have the entire school at your disposal, plenty of computers and projectors in the classrooms. God forbid we can’t fit our 25 players into a classroom to go over film on John Battle. Heard he told a certain player yesterday, “You’re not hurt this week” when the kid has limped around all last week at practice and found a way to play with heavy tape on his ankle trying to go, and has limped around all this week. I don’t care if an assistant coach reads this and gets upset either. 

I can’t believe a head coach would use that as an excuse. But I guess this is what GC football has become. Sad  

Fortunately we have an innovate young coach and a talented administration. 

Battle 63

GC 0

What we have is $250,000 invested in an 0-8 team and will most likely be an 0-9 team come later tonight.  It is quite evident that our astute coach cares about no one on the sidelines but himself.  People say lets give him a few more years. FOR WHAT!  As the coach likes to tell the players before a few of the games, don't embarrass us tonight.  Coach don't embarrass the players and the fans any more than you already have!  I guess since Akers lives in Bristol,  he`ll not ride to bus home and have the driver drop him off at his house.

3 minutes ago, GC JOKER said:

What we have is $250,000 invested in an 0-8 team and will most likely be an 0-9 team come later tonight.  It is quite evident that our astute coach cares about no one on the sidelines but himself.  People say lets give him a few more years. FOR WHAT!  As the coach likes to tell the players before a few of the games, don't embarrass us tonight.  Coach don't embarrass the players and the fans any more than you already have!  I guess since Akers lives in Bristol,  he`ll not ride to bus home and have the driver drop him off at his house.

What Akers said before the Ridgeview game to the players is true. When a coach tells you not to embarrass him, that’s some absolute crap. He has done a fine job embrassing himself the past 2 years!

30 minutes ago, mw0729 said:

You have to be kidding about not watching any film on John battle, right??

If that is true then Akers has quit on this team. Let him go immediately that is unacceptable! 

Wished I was. You should be watching film as a team on Monday’s and Tuesday’s at the least. Coaches are supposed to break things down and go over them with the team. Individual film study is fine once coaches and players go over what they are supposed to be looking for. 

I’ve never heard of a coach telling his team that they are responsible for their own film study because his laptop is tore up. That’s probably the most ridiculous thing ever. Shows how much he really cares about GC football imo. 

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

I wonder if Akers ever had his computer fixed this week. Heard earlier in the week no team film study because,

“my computer is tore up. You’re responsible for watching film on your own this week” - Akers

Some coach that is. You have the entire school at your disposal, plenty of computers and projectors in the classrooms. God forbid we can’t fit our 25 players into a classroom to go over film on John Battle. Heard he told a certain player yesterday, “You’re not hurt this week” when the kid has limped around all last week at practice and found a way to play with heavy tape on his ankle trying to go, and has limped around all this week. 

I have even heard Akers has yet to go see Brady Webb since his surgery.. If so, that speaks volumes on what kind of guy we have leading our program. Especially when a former GC coach went to see him the night of his injury. 

Sorry if I upset an assistant coach again with my post. Sad, sad times for GC football. 

Objection, Your Honor: Hearsay.  

Objection sustained.

I heard that Akers dumped seven week-old kittens into a vat of boiling motor oil.  If so, that would make him a terrible human being.*

*Please check out Volume 1 of my 3-part series, “Fun With Hearsay”.  Only $19.95 through October 31st.

2 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

The player Akers yelled, “You’re not hurt this week” at yesterday, was told today by the doctor that he has a sprained ankle and achilles tendinitis. Good diagnosis by Akers there. 

I’ll sell you Volumes 2 and 3 of “Fun with Hearsay” at a steep discount, as you need it so.  I’ll even throw in my critically-acclaimed work “Libel: How I Lost My Ass in Court” for free.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ll sell you Volumes 2 and 3 of “Fun with Hearsay” at a steep discount, as you need it so.  I’ll even throw in my critically-acclaimed work “Libel: How I Lost My Ass in Court” for free.

Remember this is not criminal court. Therefore hearsay is allowed in an administrative hearing.  Your objection is overruled. 

14 hours ago, Battleborn said:

Imo GC will not be winless this year they will beat central.. good game tonight gc came to play 

I think Central will get the win. IMO wise was better last night than their record shows. 

I was told last week that the kids in school loved Akers and the rest of the staff. Funny thing that the two teams traded film and coaches met to make a gameplan. Objection upheld hearsay! Gate City after years of cursing the opponents and fans sitting on thei opponents sideline and blowing that terrible horn is having it handed back to them. It just happens that Akers is at the helm. And if the previous staff isnt' at least 3/4 to blame then Akers needs to be hired somehwere because in two years he destroyed the Great City football traditon maybe you can send him to Russia and he can bring Putin down down by next Christmas or may he can join ISIS and stop the terrorists in their tracks............. geesh give it a break.

13 minutes ago, swvafbrespect said:

I was told last week that the kids in school loved Akers and the rest of the staff. Funny thing that the two teams traded film and coaches met to make a gameplan. Objection upheld hearsay! Gate City after years of cursing the opponents and fans sitting on thei opponents sideline and blowing that terrible horn is having it handed back to them. It just happens that Akers is at the helm. And if the previous staff isnt' at least 3/4 to blame then Akers needs to be hired somehwere because in two years he destroyed the Great City football traditon maybe you can send him to Russia and he can bring Putin down down by next Christmas or may he can join ISIS and stop the terrorists in their tracks............. geesh give it a break.

Case thrown out.  No jurisdiction by you or UVA observer to argue in this court room.  Keyword-Jursidiction or more precise, "you knoweth nothing about what you speaketh."  As for Gate City this year, the record is not good and the program is down, but that has zero relevance to Gate City supposedly "cursing the opponents and fans sitting on their opponents sideline is having it handed back to them."  It sounds to me like Gate City pulled your piggy tails a time or two.  As for Gate City, who is to blame is the AD and the Head Coach, and those two will be corrected after next season.  The AD will not last another year, and Akers will have one more year.  I love the fallacy which is, "because Gate City is down this year, and because GC has won for a long time, they deserve it."  <----yes, that's actually our argument.  As for Putin, I will take him over Obama.  Not a bad guy in my opinion.  Putin and ISIS aren't the same.  As a matter of fact, ISIS is all but about done because of Putin and the Russians.  Oh yea, "geesh, give it a break."

48 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Case thrown out.  No jurisdiction by you or UVA observer to argue in this court room.  Keyword-Jursidiction or more precise, "you knoweth nothing about what you speaketh."  As for Gate City this year, the record is not good and the program is down, but that has zero relevance to Gate City supposedly "cursing the opponents and fans sitting on their opponents sideline is having it handed back to them."  It sounds to me like Gate City pulled your piggy tails a time or two.  As for Gate City, who is to blame is the AD and the Head Coach, and those two will be corrected after next season.  The AD will not last another year, and Akers will have one more year.  I love the fallacy which is, "because Gate City is down this year, and because GC has won for a long time, they deserve it."  <----yes, that's actually our argument.  As for Putin, I will take him over Obama.  Not a bad guy in my opinion.  Putin and ISIS aren't the same.  As a matter of fact, ISIS is all but about done because of Putin and the Russians.  Oh yea, "geesh, give it a break."

You are legitimatly insane if you would take putin over obama putin litterally has his critiques killed 

3 hours ago, Battleborn said:

You are legitimatly insane if you would take putin over obama putin litterally has his critiques killed 

Actually, what's insane is that threads about Gate City Little League football and Gate City vs Battle devolve into comparisons with the Islamic State and Russia. 

The irony of all these anti-G.C posters is that they actually affirm the superiority of our program...

Not really. I have never been to the stadium only drove by the school. Never saw a football game played by gate city. Just have respect for a storeid program but have grown tired of the 8 or fans that has trashed the coach all year. I just hope things improve and everyone can find peace.

Predictions revisited

Home side will be packed. check

Visitor side, not so much.  check

There will be a student lead prayer before the game. check

People will stand as Battle’s band plays the National Anthem… check

There will be Jalapeño peppers available for your hotdog in the concession stand. check

If a GC player is injured, ALL Battle players will take a knee. check

after the game, GC fans will blame the coach. check 

Battle’s Score will be high.  GC, not so much. check

On 10/21/2017 at 7:17 PM, Devils732 said:

Actually, what's insane is that threads about Gate City Little League football and Gate City vs Battle devolve into comparisons with the Islamic State and Russia. 

The irony of all these anti-G.C posters is that they actually affirm the superiority of our program...

Oh yeah def superiority :/ 

You're 0-9 FFS. And you wanna pretend GC folks don't fill the visitor stands as well and taunt the opposing fans??

7 hours ago, Devils732 said:

I predict Gate City will win ANOTHER 5 State Championships before Battle wins ONE...

I don’t foresee Battle ever winning a state championship in football… LOL…

But as for GC, I wish em well…

Question: Do any of the bold predictors care to say when GC is going to start this amazing 5 state Championship run ??? took em a span of 40 years to win the first five…

Doubtful if I will be around to see it…