Future of Gate City Football

Jason

GATE CITY will be fine as soon as the house devided , reunites.WHO can do this? I dont know, but NICK C comes to mind, or maybe MANCE from RICHLANDS?SEEMS there are several people on here that seemed upset with his play calling.MANCE is the man, his record speaks for itself and he will not be easy to replace once he decides he is done. HERE is the thing, the APPOMATTOX coach was let go by another school, then he goes to APPO and the other school still sucks and we all know how that all turned out. SOMETIMES even DALE EARNHARDT SR had a bad car, maybe its the coach maybe its the talent, but sometimes there are just better teams .A COACH,A TEAM A FUTURE.IT SHOULD BE INTERESTING

22 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Mance will never coach another high school team in VA not named Giles. Period. If he leaves and coaches again, it'll be at the college level to some extent. 

If Mance coaches outside of VA, it will be at a Tennessee School, and not necessarily as a head coach!  

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I agree with Ryan...if he coaches HS it will be Richlands or Giles period...and don't see the latter happening

His pride would make you assume that but getting vested into another retirement plan might be enough to change his plans.  

How does a travel team post turn into this? These kids are doing well for the most part. The 8u team is very much improved. Lost their first 2 games and not lost a game since. The 10u is still a work in progress and have won two straight now. The 12U team can play with anyone on their schedule when they give their all. 

14 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

If Mance coaches outside of VA, it will be at a Tennessee School, and not necessarily as a head coach!  

He could join that staff at DB, with Colobro, Salyers, Shively they are all former head coaches, I think Shivley may be the AD there now.

I agree.  Talking about 8yr olds, 10 yr olds and 12 yr olds?  This like speaks of desperation of some parents who hope their kids bring back some glory to the football program so the spotlight can shine on them a little bit. Do people not understand that a whole lot can change between a young boy that is 8 yrs old and a young man that is 18 or 19?  He may not even want to play football.  I take that back.  He may not want to play football but then again he may not have a choice because his parents want, excuse me, I mean need their child to bring back the glory of GC football.  

You people do seem really really desperate from this outsiders pov.  I can about bet that if your kids are not the ones to win another championship everything will still be ok.  The same thing has happened here at Radford.  It's called a school going through a cycle. We didnt lose our minds because of that  though.  

All I know is thank God it's nearly time for the Bobcats to hit the hardwood.  Football was not all that this year but hey we are not seeing who is the best in our kindergarten league for the future. Things will get better with time. It is called high school football. 

The kids need to love to play and have fun when they are young.  They do not need to go home to parents who feel a state title hangs on their every move. Maybe the other poster is right.  GC fans are for the most part very very delusional. 

I've seen some really good peewee players and middle school teams move up to varsity and be great there as well.

I've also seen great teams/players top out and be bad at the high school level. 

Just because they're something at 10 doesn't mean they're going to be that at 17...

42 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

I've seen some really good peewee players and middle school teams move up to varsity and be great there as well.

I've also seen great teams/players top out and be bad at the high school level. 

Just because they're something at 10 doesn't mean they're going to be that at 17...

This!!!  Well said Raven.

What part of my post said anything about bringing back glory days? Just trying to get more out to watch them for their last home game of the year. You all are worse than a bunch of gossiping old women. Putting words in someone's mouth that just are not there. lol. 

15 and 0

Come guys let a man have some hope.  If you could get travel football going like some of these travel softball teams a whole new level of play could be created.

If you can get 7- 10 players that stick together that really have that drive and stick together7th or 8th up they could be tough.