Central @ GC

Grapeape

On 10/26/2017 at 9:51 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

A parent, who I went to high school with said at that same game last year he wasn't going to let his kid play this year and he kept to his word.  His son's not playing this year. 

What was his reason for doing this?  Injuries?  Son not playing?  Not liking losing?  If it's one of the last few I wonder how he feels about his decision a year later?

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

As long at GC takes care of business tonight, I don't care if they fire their coach, run him out of town with torches, or burn him at the stake come Saturday.

I hope you are not disappointed Union_Fan, but its going to be an uphill battle for GC to win this one. As for Akers, I'm in the minority probably, in that I feel Akers should be given another year. I think all coaches still need some time, and he deserves one more year, even if 0-10 or 1-9. After that, I'd it doesn't work out, JH is a good option, but others out there are also potential next HC at GC. Well be fine, but it will take a bit, 2-3 yrs.

1 hour ago, halosports said:

What was his reason for doing this?  Injuries?  Son not playing?  Not liking losing?  If it's one of the last few I wonder how he feels about his decision a year later?

He was disgruntled with coach at the time.  And I wonder that myself.  The parent I speak of, I haven't seen at a game this year.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

Won't find my signature on there. Nothing more useless than an online petition. 

Oh I agree 100%, my point was more to the statement that Akers wasn't being ran off. There's plenty of information out there contrary to that statement.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

He was disgruntled with coach at the time.  And I wonder that myself.  The parent I speak of, I haven't seen at a game this year.

Yeah, if the kid decided he didn't want to play I respect that decision.  If the kid didn't play just because his father was upset I hate that for the kid, ya know.  Sometimes getting rid of parents like that also help a program, not always, but sometimes.  I just hate it for the kid.

Extremely happy for the players and especially the Seniors tonight. I’m glad I was able to see smiling faces after the game. True Blue Devils never give up. Thank you to the Seniors for all your hard work and dedication throughout the years, it was certainly a pleasure watching this bunch all the way through LL, MS, and HS. Things didn’t end the way we wanted. But I’m glad they went out with a win. As for the underclassmen, time to get bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter and build off of tonight’s win and get ready for August 2018. Go Big Blue! 

Can anyone tell me how the Gate City team goes from 32 players at the union game to 40 players at the Central game. I always thought if you were able to walk you were required to be on the sidelines.

30 minutes ago, gchs791 said:

Can anyone tell me how the Gate City team goes from 32 players at the union game to 40 players at the Central game. I always thought if you were able to walk you were required to be on the sidelines.

Could it be that some  JV players moved up after their season ended?