Battle @ Lee

fb-fan24263

Both teams are 5-3 overall... with 4 common opponents… Lebanon, Central, Gate City and Ridgeview

Against common opponents, Battle has scored 166 points vs Lee’s 138 points.

Against common opponents Battle’s defense gave up 72 points where as Lee’s defense gave up only 55

The relevance of all this is good for conversation only … because, as we know, Battle hasn’t seen Lee’s defense and vice versa…

I don’t know.. but something tells me Lee wins this one by a Touch Down, maybe??? IDK… this one is hard to say…

6 hours ago, Gobigred94 said:

Ridgeveiw was also common opponent an Lee only lost too them 30-27 when they gave them 21 points on mistakes and ridgeveiw bet battle 24-7

yep... you are correct...  I went back and edited my post....  4 common opponents..

Against common opponents, Battle has scored 166 points vs Lee’s 138 points.

Against common opponents Battle gave up 72 points where as Lee’s defense gave up only 55

this is the team lee county has been waiting on for 5 years. it's a shame they don't get the support at the top.  instead of trying to create a culture, somebody needs to get out of their way.  talk is cheap.  their head coach didn't  have any confidence in them grounding out 2 yards at central.  inside 2 yd he passed,passed,passed.  if he can't run wynn and crusernberry behind big 77,74,55,9, he needs to hang up his whistle.  

lee 27

jb 35

This one should be entertaining......the Lee High faithful can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Lee High has beaten a 2A school with a winning record since 2014.  Sounds a lot like Butch Jones time in the SEC.

Battle by 7...

11 hours ago, Union4sure said:

this is the team lee county has been waiting on for 5 years. it's a shame they don't get the support at the top.  instead of trying to create a culture, somebody needs to get out of their way.  talk is cheap.  their head coach didn't  have any confidence in them grounding out 2 yards at central.  inside 2 yd he passed,passed,passed.  if he can't run wynn and crusernberry behind big 77,74,55,9, he needs to hang up his whistle.  

lee 27

jb 35

Great point!   Why do these talented Lee teams seem to underachieve every year????   Are they satisfied with barely making the playoffs?

34 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

This one should be entertaining......the Lee High faithful can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Lee High has beaten a 2A school with a winning record since 2014.  Sounds a lot like Butch Jones time in the SEC.

Battle by 7...

Beat Ridgeview in 2015.

21 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Beat Ridgeview in 2015.

You got me on that one, Ridgeview finished 6-5 in 2015.  I stand corrected, Lee hasn't beaten a 2A school with a winning record since 2015.  Some might argue that Lee didn't make a goal line stand, just like Union didn't make "the catch" but water under the bridge, it's in the record books.

14 hours ago, Union4sure said:

lee 27

jb 35

It was supposed to be run plays our QB ran the wrong plays .... Same thing happened at Ridgeveiw... He's a good lil ball player and a great kid just hope he has learned from his mistakes !!! Our outside LBs need to stay home unlike wise central game and play their man and Lee should come out on top!!! 

6-5 is the best record a 2A team that Lee has beaten has had since '99 (Ridgeview '15; Appomattox '14; John Battle '13;  John Battle '11; Powell Valley and J.J. Kelly in '02).  You have to back to at least '98 to find a  2A team with more than a little better than .500 % that Lee has defeated.  

Lee has lost to good Union and Ridgeview teams.  They have beaten Gate City and Central, two teams that are obviously going through some really tough times.  Lee has the talent, remember the skill positions are a track team according to Coach Pendergraff, to win this game.  It's at Ben Hur.  No more excuses.

The real question i have from the game was where was lee's fans at i domt know if it is just where the stands are so big but it looked empty, i thought a team with a winning record would bring out more people than that....especially at home 

Someone please explain what the heck is going on at Lee?   Best looking team taking a field I’ve seen this year in size and athleticism but good grief they are just going thru the motions.  Looked to me like they don’t want to play.  Seen no coaching during game with lots of negative coaching comments from the home side.  Plus no one at the game for Lee.  Just my opinion but someone “in the know” chime in please 

16 hours ago, Beamerball said:

6-5 is the best record a 2A team that Lee has beaten has had since '99 (Ridgeview '15; Appomattox '14; John Battle '13;  John Battle '11; Powell Valley and J.J. Kelly in '02).  You have to back to at least '98 to find a  2A team with more than a little better than .500 % that Lee has defeated.  

Thank you for the info.  I didn't have time to do the research but you made the point.  Lee may have a decent record but who are they beating.  No offense to the 1A schools in the Cumberland District or the dismal Gate City and Central teams this year but I would not take a lot of pride in beating up on those teams.