Ridgeview vs Pike central

2000wave

This is the info I gave to Ryan to use for the podcast:

I actually received a message from their Twitter today as we have been exchanging DM's the whole season.  Pike County Central is currently 5-4 and in a 3 way tie for 2nd in their district.  So, since they will finish in a three way tie, overall record will be their tiebreaker, so they need to beat us to get at least one home playoff game or they face having to travel to the Louisville area for a first round playoff game.  So they will be motivated to say the least.  Ridgeview obviously needs to win to stay in the running for at least one home game in the playoffs as well.

In week 2 (week 1 Virginia side), they beat Shelby Valley 35-6.  The next week, we beat Shelby Valley 34-6.  So, based on the mutual opponent and both teams desire and importance of winning the game, it has the look of a pretty close game.  However, I can not say how much Pike Central has improved or declined over the course of the season since playing Shelby Valley, but I know for a fact that we have improved considerably since the Shelby Valley game.

In the end, I am thinking it's probably a 2 score difference in favor of the Wolfpack, but hope they don't lie down after finishing up their district slate thinking this is going to be an easy one either.

Prediction:  Wolfpack 35, Hawks 21