Union @ Abingdon

CriticalNoise

28 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Look out , North Korea! The keyboard grammer commandos are alive and well, some do, some teach, some just ....well, complain. Looking forward to visiting Falcon-stadium. How many seats in the house?

Good size visitor bleachers.  We will pack them, but they are better than most by far.

9 hours ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

The poor grammar in the Union football graphics never ceases to amaze. 

Glad I’m not the only one who immediately noticed...suppose that’s the journalism major in me. 

As I recently found out, the Falcons' best RB(IMO) was hurt and did not play against RV last week. If he is out again, Union wins this game without much trouble. If he is healthy, Union still wins but it will be more of a dogfight. 

That kid has legit speed and he is Abingdon's home run threat. He plays a lot bigger than what he is as well. 

He has never been able to completely get out from his older brother's shadow, but he is still a good ballplayer.

26 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

As I recently found out, the Falcons' best RB(IMO) was hurt and did not play against RV last week. If he is out again, Union wins this game without much trouble. If he is healthy, Union still wins but it will be more of a dogfight. 

That kid has legit speed and he is Abingdon's home run threat. He plays a lot bigger than what he is as well. 

He has never been able to completely get out from his older brother's shadow, but he is still a good ballplayer.

I think he should be back this week.  You are right, he is legit and can score from anywhere on the field.

I know that several posts have mentioned Union's D this year, especially the Run D. Here are the stats, compiled from the weekly reports of the BHC.

Avg Rushing ypg - 50.38
Avg Passing ypg -  91.75
Total ypg - 142.13
Total points given up per game - 8.63

If you take Letcher Co out of the equation then the Total ypg = 104.14 and points = 6

I realize that these haven't come against the most stellar of opponents, so here is a comparison of the Ridgeview/Union and Ridgeview/Abingdon games that may provide a little perspective. 

Ridgeview total points and yards against Union - 19/120
Ridgeview total points and yards against Abingdon - 21/228

Union total points and yards against Ridgeview - 34/429
Abingdon total points and yards against Ridgeview - 13/335

I can't wait. This is going to be a good game!

Union 34
Abingdon 13

When the season started I thought that Abingdon would give Union their stiffest test of the year, but with injuries, it seems to have slowed the Falcons down a bit. Union has the one thing that no one else has and that is James Mitchell, he has ways of taking over games whether it's on offense, defense or special teams. I hope the Union fans appreciate him, because he will be gone next year. Mitchell is enough to win and Union is great on Defense. Abingdon will not lie down, but Union will win 27-21....

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that several posts have mentioned Union's D this year, especially the Run D. Here are the stats, compiled from the weekly reports of the BHC.

Avg Rushing ypg - 50.38
Avg Passing ypg -  91.75
Total ypg - 142.13
Total points given up per game - 8.63

If you take Letcher Co out of the equation then the Total ypg = 104.14 and points = 6

I realize that these haven't come against the most stellar of opponents, so here is a comparison of the Ridgeview/Union and Ridgeview/Abingdon games that may provide a little perspective. 

Ridgeview total points and yards against Union - 19/120
Ridgeview total points and yards against Abingdon - 21/228

Union total points and yards against Ridgeview - 34/429
Abingdon total points and yards against Ridgeview - 13/335

I can't wait. This is going to be a good game!

Union 34
Abingdon 13

Good information. Thanks!

6 hours ago, SXSW said:

When the season started I thought that Abingdon would give Union their stiffest test of the year, but with injuries, it seems to have slowed the Falcons down a bit. Union has the one thing that no one else has and that is James Mitchell, he has ways of taking over games whether it's on offense, defense or special teams. I hope the Union fans appreciate him, because he will be gone next year. Mitchell is enough to win and Union is great on Defense. Abingdon will not lie down, but Union will win 27-21....

Oh we do! What most people miss about James is this, great great kid, even if he was short and slow and hands of stone , he would still be a leader. We have talent getting ready to shine, Jenkins, Zirkle, Qualls,Stidham,and come next year we get back Baily Turner, so yes Mitchell is great , but it's a team effort and Union has two really good teams to go, before any playoff talk

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Not going to lie, I'm pulling for Abingdon to win the game for that extra bonus point and to have a share of that district championship.  Don't think it will happen, but here's to hoping that Jordan can come back this week and make a difference.  :)

Also, it looks like if union did  lose this game they would drop to number 3 in points, putting graham at 1 and Ridgeview at 2.

Not going to lie, I'm pulling for Abingdon to win the game for that extra bonus point and to have a share of that district championship.  Don't think it will happen, but here's to hoping that Jordan can come back this week and make a difference.  :)

That extra point for Ridgeview won't matter, but Union's loss of points will. If Abingdon beats Union, Ridgeview will be #2 by a mile regardless of Graham/Marion. If Union wins, Ridgeview will be #3 by a mile.

SO MUCH FOR LPD PRIDE , cant beat us on the field so you pull against us.....WOW, no more pride left in DICK enson county.

Just now, jarhead24219 said:

SO MUCH FOR LPD PRIDE , cant beat us on the field so you pull against us.....WOW, no more pride left in DICK enson county.

Haysi wasn't in the LPD... at least not in my lifetime.  And I recall at least 3 times Haysi did in fact beat you on the field.  GO BIG RED!  I'm pretty sure if the roles were reversed would you NOT be pulling for us to lose so you could say you were district champs?  I would be expecting you to.  And be cool with it.  Not such a whiner.

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

That extra point for Ridgeview won't matter, but Union's loss of points will. If Abingdon beats Union, Ridgeview will be #2 by a mile regardless of Graham/Marion. If Union wins, Ridgeview will be #3 by a mile.

See!  You get it.  I can talk to you and not feel a backlash of hatred spewing back at me.  I don't figure the points ahead, just at the moment, so... but it would be nice to say we were co-district champs as well.  Although Abingdon could say that as well with two wins to finish out :D

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

See!  You get it.  I can talk to you and not feel a backlash of hatred spewing back at me.  I don't figure the points ahead, just at the moment, so... but it would be nice to say we were co-district champs as well.  Although Abingdon could say that as well with two wins to finish out :D

I understand because here's the deal. I'm rooting for whatever team helps my team. Just like Central/GC. I'm a Blue Devil this week. If it was reversed and we needed Central to win, I would be a Warrior....puked in my mouth a little when I typed that. If I thought a Ridgeview loss would help the Bears, I'd come to Rose Ridge and put TurboLax in the water cooler. haha

30 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I understand because here's the deal. I'm rooting for whatever team helps my team. Just like Central/GC. I'm a Blue Devil this week. If it was reversed and we needed Central to win, I would be a Warrior....puked in my mouth a little when I typed that. If I thought a Ridgeview loss would help the Bears, I'd come to Rose Ridge and put TurboLax in the water cooler. haha

Same here. Have no prob with RV pulling against us in regular season for a co district title. I’m not getting tore up over that. To each their own. It’s power point time. Like u said, this week I’m pulling for GC, who I dislike to an unhealthy level along with burton and abingdon. But I want burton to win out. GC win over Central helps us without helping graham. It’s about like fantasy football. I want the points, don’t really care about the team lol. I’m hoping Tazewell loses their last two games, but have no grudge with those Dawgs. Bottom line, if you want to be the champs, your gonna have to beat whoever wherever. Sure I want graham to have to come to the park. Or Marion. Or RV to come back and get some more. But if we go on the road, so be it. 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Don't blame you one bit! I don't see how anyone could get tore up over you wanting your school a share of a district title. Good lord. Nobody ever starts the season okay with 2nd.

28 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

It’s about like fantasy football. I want the points, don’t really care about the team 

you nailed it 100% there. I can't stand Tom Brady on the football field, but I picked him up in FF, just for the fact he's so damn good. I pull for him on sundays on ESPN's site, but against him on Fox. lol