Union @ Abingdon

CriticalNoise

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

SO MUCH FOR LPD PRIDE , cant beat us on the field so you pull against us.....WOW, no more pride left in DICK enson county.

Really? Now I'm about 100% sure if we were still in contention for a state title and RV was out, then those boys up on Rose Ridge would be pulling for those Bears down here in the valley. I can't say that I blame the guy for pulling against us this week, as I know I would be if the roles were reversed. Dont be that guy. 

I'm rooting for Abingdon because of their HC of which I admire and respect, but Union wins by 2 TD's.  Abingdon is not as good this year as they last 2-3 years.  People are looking for the upset with Union on the road, etc.  It's not going to happen.  Union by 2 TD's.

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

Really? Now I'm about 100% sure if we were still in contention for a state title and RV was out, then those boys up on Rose Ridge would be pulling for those Bears down here in the valley. I can't say that I blame the guy for pulling against us this week, as I know I would be if the roles were reversed. Dont be that guy. 

Hit the nail on the head man.  Thanks!  :)

27 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

This is my first time going to Abingdon. Where is the best place to park, where do they sell tickets etc?

There are several Parking lots around the high school. Depending which way you come into Abingdon.  From Hwy 19, via Russell Rd, and left onto Valley St.  If you come down Valley St, Which will turn into Walden Rd and turn Right onto Boone St towards the high school you can make a left at the old tennis courts about halfway up Boone St and park in the lower parking lot.  I believe there is a sign there that says Washington County Schools Maintenance.  There is a ticket booth there and is closest to the visitors side.  Also there is a concession stand on the visitors side.  You can also park on Thompson Dr (Boone St turns into Thompson Dr as you go past the practice field).  Directly next to the school is a parking lot but that is reserved parking only.

1 minute ago, Falcon Mania said:

There are several Parking lots around the high school. Depending which way you come into Abingdon.  From Hwy 19, via Russell Rd, and left onto Valley St.  If you come down Valley St, Which will turn into Walden Rd and turn Right onto Boone St towards the high school you can make a left at the old tennis courts about halfway up Boone St and park in the lower parking lot.  I believe there is a sign there that says Washington County Schools Maintenance.  There is a ticket booth there and is closest to the visitors side.  Also there is a concession stand on the visitors side.  You can also park on Thompson Dr (Boone St turns into Thompson Dr as you go past the practice field).  Directly next to the school is a parking lot but that is reserved parking only.

Thanks! I was looking on google maps earlier and I saw that lot and gate closest to the visitors side like you mentioned. I wasn't sure if they would sell tickets there aswell or if they made everyone walk around like John battle does (if memory serves). So that's good to know. 

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Thanks! I was looking on google maps earlier and I saw that lot and gate closest to the visitors side like you mentioned. I wasn't sure if they would sell tickets there aswell or if they made everyone walk around like John battle does (if memory serves). So that's good to know. 

Your more than welcome.  Might want to get there early.  Abingdon has had large crowds and I'm guessing Union will travel well but There should be more than enough seating on the visitors side.  Safe travels as you all come over.

Just now, Falcon Mania said:

Your more than welcome.  Might want to get there early.  Abingdon has had large crowds and I'm guessing Union will travel well but There should be more than enough seating on the visitors side.  Safe travels as you all come over.

I'll definitely be coming over pretty early. The Union fans will travel as always but your alls visitor bleachers look to be pretty big so who knows if they will fill or not. I'd say Abingdon will have a large crowd aswell. Thanks again man!

I worry because Union isn't the same team on the road, sometimes the slow starts can hamper the Bears. Union has had two weeks of practice so they should be ready to play, but if the Bears start slow and sloppy they could dig a hole that's tough to crawl out from.

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Good grief

Truth. Some start forming a line around 830 or so in the A.M. at home games and tailgate all day. I know of a couple that are there before daylight. If your not there when the gates open at Bullitt Park, your not getting a seat unless someone has saved you one pretty much. Within 2 minutes 90% of the home stands are full. 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

Truth. Some start forming a line around 830 or so in the A.M. at home games and tailgate all day. I know of a couple that are there before daylight. If your not there when the gates open at Bullitt Park, your not getting a seat unless someone has saved you one pretty much. Within 2 minutes 90% of the home stands are full. 

Funny