Union @ Abingdon

CriticalNoise

30 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

This is why every year I ask,"Do you Union folks have jobs??" haha I would like to witness the running of the Bears!

Legit question. I wonder myself sometimes. haha The ones that are there super early are a mix of retirees, housewives, and folks that are off from work on Fridays. A good portion of the rest are school employees that are off at 3:30 and drive straight to the Park.

I distinctly remember the priceless looks on the faces of the Clarke Co people in 2015 when everyone made a mad dash for those tiny visitor bleaches. And on top of that, our 90 + member band traveled 5 hours for that game, and their own didn't even show up. They were in complete disbelief. And then the week earlier against Glenvar. There were some people already in their stands(guess they came in with the coaches and players) videoing and laughing as the hoards of Bear fans went running for the bleachers. It is both ridiculous and awesome at the same time. lol

If you only have 2-3 people in your group, you can get to the park around 6 or so and still get a good seat.  I always just looks for spaces between all the blankets that every puts down because they never place them to where they touch.  Thing that gets me is when folks put down blankets just in case so and so show up...or put a blanket down in front of the one they plan to sit on in order to have leg room.

21 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

If you only have 2-3 people in your group, you can get to the park around 6 or so and still get a good seat.  I always just looks for spaces between all the blankets that every puts down because they never place them to where they touch.  Thing that gets me is when folks put down blankets just in case so and so show up...or put a blanket down in front of the one they plan to sit on in order to have leg room.

The blankets kill me. There's a couple that put down 5+. No reason for that whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

The blankets kill me. There's a couple that put down 5+. No reason for that whatsoever.

I know a few folks that throw 'em down "just in case".  If it is close to game time and there isn't anyone sitting there, I usually just scoot 'em over and sit down.  Got some nasty looks at the MW game, but I really just don't care. haha

Love the visitor seating in Abingdon, but love the game atmosphere in Bullit Park.  Both  groups of fans treat you with respect, and I know there is always that few, but 90% of the fans from both teams have always been respectful.  I see this being close, but Union's line may be to much for Abingdon.

Union 24  Abingdon 21

2 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

This is why every year I ask,"Do you Union folks have jobs??" haha I would like to witness the running of the Bears!

I do my best to not schedule any jobs on Friday's. Perks of working for myself. Lol

15 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

Truth. Some start forming a line around 830 or so in the A.M. at home games and tailgate all day. I know of a couple that are there before daylight. If your not there when the gates open at Bullitt Park, your not getting a seat unless someone has saved you one pretty much. Within 2 minutes 90% of the home stands are full. 

I made it to the Richlands/Union game this year at 6:30 and there were still plenty of seats available.  Shocked me.

1 hour ago, sup_rbeast said:

I know a few folks that throw 'em down "just in case".  If it is close to game time and there isn't anyone sitting there, I usually just scoot 'em over and sit down.  Got some nasty looks at the MW game, but I really just don't care. haha

I have this happen at the Arby's Classic all the time.  I will put my program or something on my bleacher seat marking my spot and go to the concession stands in between games and come back and find my stuff moved down a bleacher or moved over.  Pisses me off.  And it's almost always Sullivan East imbeciles also, which is one of the reasons I hate them so bad.  Lol

11 hours ago, BearDawg said:

Bullitt parks bleachers are too small. So you get there early to get a seat. They start the count down to the gates opening on the gameclock. At 5pm the running of the Bears begins. Gotta love fan support. 

I can understand it more for home games as the seating does get limited.  But road games with a lot of seating? I don’t find it necessary for fans to show up at 8am. And tailgating? I’ve never saw anyone tailgating at a PV or Union game ever. 

44 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I made it to the Richlands/Union game this year at 6:30 and there were still plenty of seats available.  Shocked me.

One thing I've noticed over the years. Union folk are afraid of the rain or threat thereof. Haha 

26 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I can understand it more for home games as the seating does get limited.  But road games with a lot of seating? I don’t find it necessary for fans to show up at 8am. And tailgating? I’ve never saw anyone tailgating at a PV or Union game ever. 

Grilling, cornhole, horseshoes, games of cards. I consider that tailgating

I have not commented on a prediction for this game thus far.  Part of me says it could go either way.  It really depends on several factors.  If its a close game in the 4th qtr (1 score either way)...Union wins.  If the Falcons come out like they have in several games this year and take control, limit the Bears possessions, contain Mitchell, and Union has a slow start...Falcons win.

Going to pick my team.

AHS   27

UHS  17

52 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

25 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Grilling, cornhole, horseshoes, games of cards. I consider that tailgating

Don't remember which game, but I did see some folks tailgating by the little league fields.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I have this happen at the Arby's Classic all the time.  I will put my program or something on my bleacher seat marking my spot and go to the concession stands in between games and come back and find my stuff moved down a bleacher or moved over.  Pisses me off.  And it's almost always Sullivan East imbeciles also, which is one of the reasons I hate them so bad.  Lol

That's not the case here.  Folks will get there when the gates open and lay down 100 square feet of blankets "just in case" friends show up to sit with them.  Many end up with just empty blankets where folks could be sitting.