Tazewell vs Grundy

THS6805

attrition is taking it's toll on Tazewell at this point. These kids have given it their all so far and have a ton of things to be proud of but losing players and basically playing from start to finish is catching up to them. Blevins may be back this week, I haven't heard yet. Tazewell will play tough again but Fizer and McNutt are really tough to handle and it could be a big night for both of them. I would say something like:

35-13 or so Grundy.

Tazewell vs Lebanon will be a good one and I think Tazewell will end the season with a win.

My first question is what is the best quality opponent that Grundy has played?  Follow that up with how did they handle it?  Know what happened to the common opponent in Hurley and tat was impressive.  As far as injuries, star WR out, starting QB probable from what I understand but a great backup is there if he is healthy.  Hard to play when you barely have enough players to cover the field with only a few to spare.  But these guys should be proud of what they have done and hopefully it shows through with more players coming out next year and I don't mean just the incoming freshmen.

23 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

My first question is what is the best quality opponent that Grundy has played?  Follow that up with how did they handle it?  Know what happened to the common opponent in Hurley and tat was impressive.  As far as injuries, star WR out, starting QB probable from what I understand but a great backup is there if he is healthy.  Hard to play when you barely have enough players to cover the field with only a few to spare.  But these guys should be proud of what they have done and hopefully it shows through with more players coming out next year and I don't mean just the incoming freshmen.

The best teams Grundy has played has been us in week 1 and Pikeville last week. Plus they also played the pre-Mullins injury Central team that they also lost to.

Against us, the score was close, but Ridgeview had over 200 yards in penalties in that game.  It was not as close as the score indicated.  McNutt didn't generate very many yards in that game, but Fizer on the other hand was outstanding.

IF I had to make a guess I would say that Grundy is about a 14 point better team than Tazewell currently.  However, I think that could depend on many factors.  Several of which are being covered in the Marion Va High thread.  If Grundy doesn't show up and expects to easily roll, they will be in for a major surprise...

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

IF I had to make a guess I would say that Grundy is about a 14 point better team than Tazewell currently.  However, I think that could depend on many factors.  Several of which are being covered in the Marion Va High thread.  If Grundy doesn't show up and expects to easily roll, they will be in for a major surprise...

I agree 100%. Tazewell will play tough hard nosed football again. I would love to see them pull out the last two games. It would be a heck of a year for those young men.

26 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Says the ones who said Richlands game wouldn't be close...

How about you show me where I said that... Because I didn't.

As a matter of fact, I said, "Anything can happen in the Backyard Brawl."

THIS game will not be close.

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

How about you show me where I said that... Because I didn't.

As a matter of fact, I said, "Anything can happen in the Backyard Brawl."

THIS game will not be close.

Wasn't referring to you specifically, many said the game wouldn't be close against Richlands

I have to say the bye week for the dogs may help them in this game. If Myers plays well and we come out playing good defence like we did in the second half against Hurley, it may be a good game.

Grundy 27  Tazewell 14

#GODAWGS