Graham @ Fort Chiswell

starcityfootballfan

I look for it to be a good one.  Ft Chiswell was the second best all around team I have seen this year.  There are better offenses and better defenses but if Graham shows up flat like they did against Richlands, watch for the upset.  If Graham shows up ready to play then I see a 14 pt game.

stu_bean ... Keeping my fingers crossed that Graham does not come out flat like last week ... something about that mental hurdle and always tough Richlands. I was on pins and needles all the way from Roanoke! However, it was a great return trip ... the words "finally" and "thank you Jesus" kept popping into my head. LOL!

I am hoping that Tazewell can take care of business during the next two weeks . You have to believe ... not meaning to sound  like a  Bluefield Beaver ... and I know that you do.

Good luck Bulldogs!

Seems like forever ago when Fort Chiswell was ranked #1 in the state and Graham upset them with Ben Meade starting his first game as a freshman. 

I seen Coleman Thomas playing against Alabama Saturday and thought there's no way he could still be in school. Seems way longer than 4-5 years ago to me. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s either going to be a blowout or a 1-score game in the 4th.  Graham always seems to lay the lumber against Fort Chiswell, so I will predict a blowout.

Chiswell will put up a fight in the first quarter but Graham pulls away by 4 tds in the 2nd half. 

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

Seems like forever ago when Fort Chiswell was ranked #1 in the state and Graham upset them with Ben Meade starting his first game as a freshman. 

I seen Coleman Thomas playing against Alabama Saturday and thought there's no way he could still be in school. Seems way longer than 4-5 years ago to me. 

I was at that game ... remember the Graham fans running onto the field afterwards. Great game and big upset!

15 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Was at the Graham vs Richlands game and did not think Graham came out flat, just wasn't expecting the strength of Richlands "D".  Graham has good talent that is hard to handle in space and should win this game.  I don't look for a blow out, but Graham wins by 2 TD's.

Not expecting, underestimating, being flat, different but still all the same when it come to the struggle and then finding yourself in unfamiliar territory.  I do look for it to be a 14 pt game but not a high scoring affair either.  Possibly in the realm of 28-14

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

Every team has that one team they struggle with no matter how good they are.  Just like Graham struggles with Richlands.  Tazewell has issues with Marion.  Richlands with Gate City (used to that is)

16 hours ago, starcityfootballfan said:

stu_bean ... Keeping my fingers crossed that Graham does not come out flat like last week ... something about that mental hurdle and always tough Richlands. I was on pins and needles all the way from Roanoke! However, it was a great return trip ... the words "finally" and "thank you Jesus" kept popping into my head. LOL!

I am hoping that Tazewell can take care of business during the next two weeks . You have to believe ... not meaning to sound  like a  Bluefield Beaver ... and I know that you do.

Good luck Bulldogs!

Have to say that I am on the G wagon this year.  A lot of me pulling for other county schools comes from how they acted against us on the field and etc...

This year both Graham and Richlands were respectful on the field as far as the players go.  Certain coach another story...lol  Wanted to go down to Richlands and watch last week and would have been on the Graham side to sit with some friends, just didn't work out for me.