2017 World Series Thread

That was a wild game last night.  The Dodger bullpen has been automatic in the playoffs.  It will be interesting to see how they bounce back after getting shelled for 4 innings last night.  That "vaunted" Dodger bullpen allowed 3 homers in an inning of work in the 9th and 10th last night.  That has to sew some seeds of doubt.  To me, it appears the Astros have the better pitching staff.  But it will be fun to see how it plays out. 

I believe the Astros will win at least 2 in Houston and could possibly end the Series Sunday night with Dallas Keuchel pitching.  He is tough to beat twice and will be extra motivated after game one.  He didn't pitch badly in game one but did give up two homes.  He will be opposite Kershaw who hasn't exactly been consistent in postseason play throughout his career. 

Darvish has 14 career starts against Houston given he spent 5 seasons with the Rangers.  Not sure who that will favor but I've always felt in October, the hitter is almost always favored in match-ups of familiarity.  

When the playoffs started I picked Astros over Cubs for the title.  I thought the Dodgers would choke and Houston is managed better.  Kershaw was lights out Game 1. I went to bed middle of the 10th and hoped to finish watching the game there the other night.  Fell asleep before they got the bottom of the 10th started.  I still think Houston wins, probably in 6.

Just now, 1inStripes said:

When the playoffs started I picked Astros over Cubs for the title.  I thought the Dodgers would choke and Houston is managed better.  Kershaw was lights out Game 1. I went to bed middle of the 10th and hoped to finish watching the game there the other night.  Fell asleep before they got the bottom of the 10th started.  I still think Houston wins, probably in 6.

Cubs have been inconsistent in all phases of the game all season and I watched them all but 6!  Sad, I know!  I hoped they would get back the the World Series but didn't expect them too.  I still believe the Cubs are supremely talented.  I also feel like virtually every player had a down year based on past success and ability.  I like that they are mixing things up with new coaching voices in the clubhouse.  Maybe get the attention of some guys that they need to do more on the field and less in front of the tv camera.  It's been the norm in baseball for at least 20 years.  The World Series hangover is a very real thing.

I think Chili Davis will be great for Schwarber and Baez while Andy Haines will be great for Russell, Almora, Rizzo, Contreras and Bryant.  My issue all season hasn't been lack of production.  It's been with the lack of an intelligent approach at the plate.  Wasted at-bats have been a real problem all season and were instrumental in ending the Cubs season.

I didn't think anyone could beat the Indians in a 7 game series with that pitching staff, to be honest.  I was way off with my prediction.  I would love to see the Astros in 5.  Would hate to see the Dodgers win another game!

Just now, 1inStripes said:

I know the Cubs werent the team they were last year.  I just didnt trust the Dodgers or Nats.  Both are choke artists.  As an NL guy, maybe the Dodgers prove me wrong although I still think of the Astros as an NL team too.

Tell me about it!  This World Series feels like an NL West match-up.