can the blues get over the hump and get the w this week

#1BLUESFAN

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

If they lose to Lebanon then they may as well not play VHS. Should be an easier win than the other 2 we've had this season. 

Agreed. Poor Lebanon is just plain bad. Our starters we're out by the half. Both our backup and 3rd string QBs led TD drives with ease in the 2nd half last week. If Tazewell is healthy, they will beat Lebanon by 3 TDs

Richlands defense is holding the team together offense needs help put some points on the board and not wait til the fourth quarter to do so! But I understand their young and got some key players hurt still hopefully they'll get it going tomorrow night!!

What the heck has happened to Lebanon? I haven't seen them play in several years and we don't get any coverage of them much here in Kingsport. Declining enrollment numbers, a run of less than stellar athletic talent, coaching, or a combination of that?

15 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

What the heck has happened to Lebanon? I haven't seen them play in several years and we don't get any coverage of them much here in Kingsport. Declining enrollment numbers, a run of less than stellar athletic talent, coaching, or a combination of that?

I'm really not sure because they have been very relevant over the last few years in baseball, but have been on a steady decline in football.

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Mainly a talent drop off. This year, and a couple of years in the past, injuries have hurt them. It doesn't help being a small fish in a big pond. It's a shame because that team has been through a lot over the past couple of years. Hopefully they can get it together sooner rather than later and give the school a team they can rally behind, it's just a little too late this season. At this point, the only thing they can hang their hat on is being "The 2-6 Russell County Champions."

Hopefully Richlands can engineer or generate a way to score.  Defense (no problem) Offense (shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone) Hopefully the injuries will be healed up by next week against VH.  Richlands should win this week, and at the same time you have to appreciate the players at Lebanon for playing every down and giving it their best when the chips are down.  Hats off to all the Lebanon players and their coaches, appreciate the effort, from this RHS fan.

4 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If Richlands doesn't win this week, @Ryan4VT may be seen walking around campus in Blacksburg with a paper bag over his head with the lightning 'R' colored on it.  :D

Naaaa. I’ll walk around with my R stuff on just like always lol

14 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

That's because other than when they play them they dont have a clue about this part of the state

I actually get stopped more than you think by people to tell me that they know the R or that they hate us hahah.

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

I actually get stopped more than you think by people to tell me that they know the R or that they hate us hahah.

Blacksburg isn’t that far from SWVA tho, wear it in Charlottesville or Arlington and people would have no idea lol. This area of state doesn’t exist to them, it ends in Roanoke. 

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Blacksburg isn’t that far from SWVA tho, wear it in Charlottesville or Arlington and people would have no idea lol. This area of state doesn’t exist to them, it ends in Roanoke. 

I like to think that the state ends at Roanoke, but the part east of it is another state. 

17 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

It actually is like another state. I lived in VA Beach for about a year. People always asked me "Where in the world did you get your accent from?" Lol

Like that Tidewater accent isn't funny. I have family that live there, and we here in southern West Virginia make jokes about it to them.

14 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

Like that Tidewater accent isn't funny. I have family that live there, and we here in southern West Virginia make jokes about it to them.

No doubt!

Most of the people there honestly didn't believe me when I said that I was born and raised in SW VA. 

I met a lot of nice people out there but a lot of them are just a different breed. I did run into a few who talked to me like I was just a backwards hillbilly lol.

45 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

Went on governor's school trip to Va Beach and people were asking where Tazewell county was since it was on the side of the bus.  We would say southwest Virginia and they would respond, West Virginia?

Southside is different as well...

12 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Richlands needs to leave that #6 at QB!

Definitely an option.  NO disrespect to #2 but #6 seems to show a little more poise under pressure.   I believe they could insert #2 somewhere in the WR corps especially with the WR injuries we have right now

39 minutes ago, mv91 said:

#11 is doing a great job at DE/OLB but I believe he has great hands and could help in the depleted WR corps as well.

43 minutes ago, mv91 said:

Definitely an option.  NO disrespect to #2 but #6 seems to show a little more poise under pressure.   I believe they could insert #2 somewhere in the WR corps especially with the WR injuries we have right now

Agree with both these post, and #6 is a good athlete who can run down hill, and in space. So WR or RB either one would be a good fit for him.  #6 is more accurate on passing so it would be interesting.  I would hope that the coaches don't forget the run package with a full back, it seems to work pretty well inside the red zone.