Virginia High at Richlands

Westisthebest

27 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Who wins and why? Ive seen VHS play Graham. But this is too close for me to call. Should be a heck of a ball game.

That is definitely not the best game to judge the Bearcats on. 

I'm guessing that Mance will throw everything he has at VHS next week. It just depends on which VHS team shows up. If it's the team that went to Bluefield, Richlands wins. If the other VHS team shows up, the Bearcats get win #8 for the first time in a very long time.

The Bearcats have been doubted/questioned for the entire season. It will be no different this week, mainly because they historically don't have much in football. They do this year. They are learning how to thrive on the doubt.

2 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

That is definitely not the best game to judge the Bearcats on. 

I'm guessing that Mance will throw everything he has at VHS next week. It just depends on which VHS team shows up. If it's the team that went to Bluefield, Richlands wins. If the other VHS team shows up, the Bearcats get win #8 for the first time in a very long time.

The Bearcats have been doubted/questioned for the entire season. It will be no different this week, mainly because they historically don't have much in football. They do this year. They are learning how to thrive on the doubt.

I wasnt knocking VHS for the Graham game. Was just saying thats the only time ive seen them this year. I believe thay are a better team than what they showed that night. Thats why i said this game is too close to call for me.

4 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

I wasnt knocking VHS for the Graham game. Was just saying thats the only time ive seen them this year. I believe thay are a better team than what they showed that night. Thats why i said this game is too close to call for me.

I didn't mean that you were knocking them. I would say that the Lebanon game is not a good game to judge them either. They looked liked Appomattox in that game lol. 

I was just referring to the fact that VHS has as much athletic depth as anyone in the region, but most of those athletes are in their first year as a starter in varsity football. When they're clicking, they can play with anyone in the region. They have proven that. When they're off, they're WAY off, like in the Graham game. They're getting better, but there is a fairly steep learning curve for the majority of this group. We have baseball and soccer stars who are becoming accustomed to the game of football at this level. There is some greatness that comes with that but at times, there is some ugliness as well. 

17 hours ago, jonah58 said:

28-14 Richlands

Ill have to agree respectively.  Like someone else said in the other post, Richlands has seen it all pretty much from both sides of the ball based on their schedule this year. Richlands is out to make post season play and know this W is a must.

VH is much improved over past years and have always played a good game against Richlands.  I look for this to be a good dog fight with Richlands coming out on top in a close one.  I know the fans will be up for this one, can't wait for Friday to get here.  Richlands--17    Virginia High--14

32 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Respect the VH players, but don't think they have seen a defense like Richlands. From a man's viewpoint Richlands wins

Graham's defense is giving up 12 points a game. 

I'll take nothing away from Graham, their defense is good, and you remember what they did to VH.  Yeah I know VH had a bad night, and I know I'm biased, but I still say VH hasn't faced a defense like Richlands.  Still think it will be a good game and as I said previously RHS--17  VHS--14

16 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I'll take nothing away from Graham, their defense is good, and you remember what they did to VH.  Yeah I know VH had a bad night, and I know I'm biased, but I still say VH hasn't faced a defense like Richlands.  Still think it will be a good game and as I said previously RHS--17  VHS--14

Benefit game against Union.

No disrespect to Richlands' defense, I know they're very good, but I would imagine Union's is just as good.

I know, I know, Benefit Game doesn't count. Their starters still played an entire half against our starters. They are very stout.

Also, Tn High's defense is big and athletic too. There is a reason that the Tn side dominates the VA side, overall. Year after year after year, teams that are considered average to slightly above average in Tn, are better than 90% of the teams in Southwest VA. Not my opinion, there are countless examples of this being a fact.

Not taking anything away from Richlands, I'm well aware their record is misleading and their defense has kept them in every game, but VHS has seen a few really good defenses this year.

Maybe my glasses are to dark a shade of Blue, and would have to agree that Union has a good defense, so we will have to wait until Friday to see how VH offense matches up to RHS defense.  The other side of the ball is what concerns me as a RHS fan. How does RHS offense match up with VHS defense.  This will be one of those must see games and I am looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Maybe my glasses are to dark a shade of Blue, and would have to agree that Union has a good defense, so we will have to wait until Friday to see how VH offense matches up to RHS defense.  The other side of the ball is what concerns me as a RHS fan. How does RHS offense match up with VHS defense.  This will be one of those must see games and I am looking forward to it.

It will definitely be tough sledding for the Bearcat offense. They are going to have to have near perfect execution to get much done against that Richlands defense.

For once, I'm actually looking forward to a football game against Richlands as well! Lol

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

VHS is VERY good on D except for Graham game when wheels fell off. Have a potential All State LB.

The thing that is lost in the final score in that game is, even though it wasn't a great performance by any means, VHS' defense actually did pretty well in that game considering the constant terrible situations their offense put them in. 3 VHS turnovers that gave Graham a short field, one of those resulted in a blocked Graham FG, which lead to another VHS turnover and VHS held for another Graham FG attempt, a Graham pick-six, and a KO return for a TD.

No Defense survives that kind of offensive ineptitude against Graham, not even Union.

If their LB is not named All-State, then the voting is a sham. The kid is the real deal.