Virginia High at Richlands

Westisthebest

22 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Front seven, I totally agree. Back end? Not so much lol

That front 7 controls games. You CANNOT run on Union. That forces teams to be one-deminsioal, and then Union can pin their ears back and go after you, causing disruption before their DBs get in trouble. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

That front 7 controls games. You CANNOT run on Union. That forces teams to be one-deminsioal, and then Union can pin their ears back and go after you, causing disruption before their DBs get in trouble. 

Bingo. 

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that VHS is more than capable of winning this game, but I am required to hope that Richlands wins so Union can get to 270 pts.

I think this will be a great game and could go either way. 

Richlands 21
VHS 21

I understand. I'm throwing up in my mouth while typing this but a JSB monumental upset against Union would benefit my Bearcats....Go Tro....I can't even type it lol. Just have to hope for a miracle?

34 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I wonder if they have improved enough to stop the single wing ;) too bad we probably won't find out unless Giles meets them in the Semis...

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I wonder if they have improved enough to stop the single wing ;) too bad we probably won't find out unless Giles meets them in the Semis...

I don't know if they would stop it, but I guarantee they wouldn't get the beat down they got up in Berryville 2 years ago. Atleast I hope not lol.

Just now, Unionguy_2017 said:

I don't know if they would stop it, but I guarantee they wouldn't get the beat down they got up in Berryville 2 years ago. Atleast I hope not lol.

I'm sure they've improved, and I wish that I could see a Giles/Union showdown, but who knows when that will happen lol

Virginia High is better than what VHS usually puts on the field. They have always had an abundance of talented athletes, but never did get the most out of their players. This year is different. This year is just the opposite for Richlands. They just don't have the athletes that they have been blessed with over the years. I still think Richlands will play this one on pride. Richlands 28  Virginia High  24

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that VHS is more than capable of winning this game, but I am required to hope that Richlands wins so Union can get to 270 pts.

I think this will be a great game and could go either way. 

Richlands 21
VHS 21

Would the VHSL allow a game to be called a tie?

17 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Would the VHSL allow a game to be called a tie?

They do have power point options for ties, but I believe that is for playing a team from a state that does not perform overtime. Not sure what states those are.

According to the VHSL whitepaper on it..."the procedure shall be repeated until a winner is determined." 

Sounds like a tie is not an option. 

1 hour ago, BlueGray said:

I heard that the Garrett kid from Virginia High was getting looked at from some small colleges. Has anyone else heard that?

I work with his dad. UVA Wise is very interested. Seems like another one but uva wise is the main one. 

1 minute ago, BearDawg said:

I work with his dad. UVA Wise is very interested. Seems like another one but uva wise is the main one. 

I work with his dad also. We were talking about it this morning. Sounds like a good fit for Fork Union for a year or two.

I'll be at Richlands tonight to see if those Blues can get that win should be one of the best games this side of the state! Hopefully I'll get to see there new run game I missed last week game but it was only Lebanon...Va. High should be a lot more competitive game for them!