Virginia High at Richlands

Westisthebest

9 hours ago, bgibb said:

Richlands will win this game. I have seen both VH and Richlands play this year. Richlands' strength is their defense. When Graham played VH, Graham's defense rattled their QB and they started turning the ball over and started playing very shaky and it was all down hill from there. If the Richlands defensive line can create pressure and get the QB out of the pocket, Richlands will when convincingly. VH has a good QB but when he is under high pressure situations and has to make quick decisions, he turned to ball over a lot. Final: Richlands 28 VA High 17

Richlands continues the tradition of making the playoffs and will make a nice run, but please please please, stay the hell away from Graham :)

Their strength has been their defense since the 90s thanks in the most part until last year to Palmer &  Wess. Good foundation carried over to the past two seasons. Richlands should have had at least a 7-3 season at worst. Hopefully, they salvage the season tonight & make playoffs. 

Hell of a game Blues! You guys have a very stout Defense. My kid said that y'all were very physical. Much respect to the Richlands players and coaches coming up to my son after the game and telling him how good he is, while he and I were talking on the field. I love seeing the sportsmanship!

Good luck in the playoffs!

28 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Hell of a game Blues! You guys have a very stout Defense. My kid said that y'all were very physical. Much respect to the Richlands players and coaches coming up to my son after the game and telling him how good he is, while he and I were talking on the field. I love seeing the sportsmanship!

Thanks. 

Just now, BlueRazor said:

I can't believe you said it...lol

Thanks Gman

Why?  I counted you guys out mid-season.  You guys battled and won the games you needed to in order to make the playoffs.  I'll salute that any day of the week.

4 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

But the real question, how was your experience at The Moose?

On 11/3/2017 at 9:53 PM, Bearcat Dad said:

I don't know what # your son   is , but I bet he is a class act  like you. Sportsmanship is so often overlooked  these days.I will pull for the Bearcats until we meet again in the semi finals ! Wishful thinking perhaps, but the Jets beat the Colts in SB 111

2 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

I don't know what # your son   is , but I bet he is a class act  like you. Sportsmanship is so often overlooked  these days.I will pull for the Bearcats until we meet again in the semi finals ! Wishful thinking perhaps, but the Jets beat the Colts in SB 111

I appreciate that! I'm very passionate about football, especially when my son is playing, but so many people forget that it really is just a game and these are kids. My son is a LB/RB and he has been taught to play the game as hard as he can, but he's also been taught to respect his opponent and respect the game. Sportsmanship is a huge part of the game.

I would love to see a rematch between the Cats and Blues. That was a heck of a defensive game. It will be tough for both of us to get there. We have to try to beat a team for the 2nd time in 3 weeks and you guys have to try and win in a place that has been very difficult to even stay close with the home team much less win, lately.

We're both the underdogs, but I'm going to go out on a limb and call an upset in both games.

Good luck to you guys!

2 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I appreciate that! I'm very passionate about football, especially when my son is playing, but so many people forget that it really is just a game and these are kids. My son is a LB/RB and he has been taught to play the game as hard as he can, but he's also been taught to respect his opponent and respect the game. Sportsmanship is a huge part of the game.

I would love to see a rematch between the Cats and Blues. That was a heck of a defensive game. It will be tough for both of us to get there. We have to try to beat a team for the 2nd time in 3 weeks and you guys have to try and win in a place that has been very difficult to even stay close with the home team much less win, lately.

We're both the underdogs, but I'm going to go out on a limb and call an upset in both games.

Good luck to you guys!

It will definitely be gut check for both of us!