Marion at Graham

Canes00

1 hour ago, Canes00 said:

I hate I won't be making the trip over tonight. I'll be taking my newborn son home in a couple hours. I'm expecting a Graham win so it might be a good game to miss Lol. 

That's understandable. I had to give up Tennessee-Alabama tickets in Knoxville when my daughter was getting closed to being born. Some things are more important than football games...i guess ?

21 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That's understandable. I had to give up Tennessee-Alabama tickets in Knoxville when my daughter was getting closed to being born. Some things are more important than football games...i guess ?

I've been there too! I had to give up tickets when Julius Jones and ND came to Knoxville back in '99. My wife was on complete bed rest the last 2 weeks of that pregnancy. At the time, I had to think about which I wanted to do. Glad I made the right choice or I'm sure we wouldn't still be married today! Lol

Ah, the decisions a 20 yr old Newlywed has to make! Lol

2 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

Congrats G-Men on the SWD title I'm glad the Canes hung in there. Good Luck in the playoffs 

Marion was feisty and really played on Graham’s weaknesses: (1) physicality and (2) complete absence of closing instinct.  Looking forward to that 4-5 game next week.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:18 PM, starcityfootballfan said:

Marion at Graham .... for the Southwest District title!  Back in August ... who would have thought? Marion has certainly been the surprise team this year and I truly expected Graham to be at 7-2 or 6-3 at this point. Anyway, the showdown is in Bluefield this Friday night and I am going with the "Graham gang" winning in a shootout ...

G-Men 28 

Scarlet Hurricane 22

#grahampride

Nice call...

Scoring summary and team stats from Marion vs Graham (From BHC)

G - Gray 13 pass from Allen (Curto kick)

G - Lester 43 run (Curto kick) (Lester with 123 rushing yds  and 1 TD for game)

M - Ford 7 run (Leonard kick) ( Ford 169 yards on 23 carries and 1 TD for game)

G - Allen 1 run (kick failed)

G - Cooke 65 punt return (Curto kick)

M - Wyatt 8 run (Leonard kick)

G - Curto 24FG

M - Wyatt 2 run (Vance pass from Wyatt)

Team Stats:

First downs - M 16, G 11

Rushes-Yards - M 37-194, G 37-175

Passing Yards - M - 57, G 61

C-A-I - M 6-18-1, G 9-15-0

Fumbles-Lost - M 3-2, G 3-0

Penalties-Yards - M 1-8, G 3-35

Punts-Avg - M 4-40, G 42.8

On 11/4/2017 at 12:34 PM, tbgfan said:

Scoring summary and team stats from Marion vs Graham (From BHC)

G - Gray 13 pass from Allen (Curto kick)

G - Lester 43 run (Curto kick) (Lester with 123 rushing yds  and 1 TD for game)

M - Ford 7 run (Leonard kick) ( Ford 169 yards on 23 carries and 1 TD for game)

G - Allen 1 run (kick failed)

G - Cooke 65 punt return (Curto kick)

M - Wyatt 8 run (Leonard kick)

G - Curto 24FG

M - Wyatt 2 run (Vance pass from Wyatt)

Team Stats:

First downs - M 16, G 11

Rushes-Yards - M 37-194, G 37-175

Passing Yards - M - 57, G 61

C-A-I - M 6-18-1, G 9-15-0

Fumbles-Lost - M 3-2, G 3-0

Penalties-Yards - M 1-8, G 3-35

Punts-Avg - M 4-40, G 42.8

One of two or three things.  Not a good show from Graham or a great show from Marion, or probably a combo of both.  I saw the score of this game and was surprised and felt confident without looking at the stats, Graham would have turned over 3 or 4 times and outgained Marion by at least 100 yds of total offense.  Well, when looking at it with Graham 0 turnovers and Marion 3, and Marion actually outgaining Graham, that immediately hints to one thought (don't know, I didn't see it) but........Marions lineplay bested Graham's lineplay, and that is not a good sign for Graham with what is likely a showdown with Union in week 3, because however good Marion is on the Line (and they are good, I watched them), they are not as good as Union (watched them also beat Gate City bad). 

9 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

One of two or three things.  Not a good show from Graham or a great show from Marion, or probably a combo of both.  I saw the score of this game and was surprised and felt confident without looking at the stats, Graham would have turned over 3 or 4 times and outgained Marion by at least 100 yds of total offense.  Well, when looking at it with Graham 0 turnovers and Marion 3, and Marion actually outgaining Graham, that immediately hints to one thought (don't know, I didn't see it) but........Marions lineplay bested Graham's lineplay, and that is not a good sign for Graham with what is likely a showdown with Union in week 3, because however good Marion is on the Line (and they are good, I watched them), they are not as good as Union (watched them also beat Gate City bad). 

What it really shows is that Graham got up big early and took its foot off the gas, just like in the Giles game.  It’s more mental than schematic or physical, and it could lead to difficulties in Round 3 and beyond.

On 11/6/2017 at 6:06 AM, UVAObserver said:

What it really shows is that Graham got up big early and took its foot off the gas, just like in the Giles game.  It’s more mental than schematic or physical, and it could lead to difficulties in Round 3 and beyond.

Got up by 14 and then we scored.but they ran a kick off back before the half.we really looked good after the half..but yes Graham seems to have some attitude problems with certain kids..I agree 3 round