TSSAA 2017 Playoffs

SXSW

Murville 28

Cane Ridge 0

Halftime

Cane Ridge beat Marshall Co 27-20 during the regular season. The significance of that? Greeneville beat Marshall Co. 59-24 last week. That probably wasn't a good sign for Cane Ridge.

Murville 42

Cane Ridge 7

Final

East TN teams win 5 out of the 6 state title games. Not surprised about Alcoa and Greeneville (or even Greenback), but that's a little bit of a surprise for Catholic & Murville. 

16 hours ago, SXSW said:

In the 5A Championship Knoxville Catholic defeated Beech 45-28, it was their second title in three years, Beech was undefeated and Catholic has three losses (Maryville, Brentwood Academy, Eagle's Landing Christian Ga.)  Maryville and Brentwood Academy both play for state titles today and tomorrow.

Eagle's Landing Christian plays in the GA private school single A State Championship next week. 

(Only Single A  in GA have separate private and public football championship games.  The privates in upper classifications are not separated from the public in the state championship games.)

Well the 2017 Blue Cross Bowl is over, Here are the results from all the Games.

In 1A: Greenback beat Cornersville 42-21.

In 2A: Union City beat Tyner 27-21 in double OT, this was easily the game of the weekend.

In 3A: Alcoa won State Championship number 16, 31-20 over Covington.

In 4A: Greeneville whipped Springfield 54-13, Cade Ballard tied the Championship Game record of 7 TD's.

In 5A: Knoxville Catholic beat Beech 45-28

In 6A; Maryville beat Cane Ridge 42-7, to claim it's 16th State Title.

As Hoss posted earlier 5 of the 6 titles came back to East Tennessee. Alcoa and Greeneville should be odds on favorites to repeat, Greenback and Maryville lose a lot, as does Catholic. There are at least 19 Division 1 prospects in The Volunteer State next year, the most in history, so the football will keep getting better. Thanks for the interest and if they are any changes I will post them.

19 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but is Greenback in the same county as Alcoa and Maryville as well?  If so, talk about a county full of crazed football fanatics.

Maryville and Alcoa are in Blount County  and Greenback is in Loudon County. They are very close together, it is a mere 24 miles! And some of the most beautiful country in East Tennessee.

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

Maryville and Alcoa are in Blount County  and Greenback is in Loudon County. They are very close together, it is a mere 24 miles! And some of the most beautiful country in East Tennessee.

I have been to Maryville and Alcoa both in my time with Food City, when I used to have to go to all the stores.  Wasn't quite sure where Greenback was though, but thought it was close to there.

When I worked for a Food Broker I made trips to all the Food City's, my main group were all the stores in Eastern Kentucky, but I have been to every FC at least two or three times. From Crossville to Lynchburg and up north to Louisa.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:08 AM, SXSW said:

Well the 2017 Blue Cross Bowl is over, Here are the results from all the Games.

In 1A: Greenback beat Cornersville 42-21.

In 2A: Union City beat Tyner 27-21 in double OT, this was easily the game of the weekend.

In 3A: Alcoa won State Championship number 16, 31-20 over Covington.

In 4A: Greeneville whipped Springfield 54-13, Cade Ballard tied the Championship Game record of 7 TD's.

In 5A: Knoxville Catholic beat Beech 45-28

In 6A; Maryville beat Cane Ridge 42-7, to claim it's 16th State Title.

As Hoss posted earlier 5 of the 6 titles came back to East Tennessee. Alcoa and Greeneville should be odds on favorites to repeat, Greenback and Maryville lose a lot, as does Catholic. There are at least 19 Division 1 prospects in The Volunteer State next year, the most in history, so the football will keep getting better. Thanks for the interest and if they are any changes I will post them.

IMO Greeneville and Alcoa will be prohibitive favorites again. Cade Ballard is just a super football player. This kid accounted for 59 touchdowns this year with 38 TD passes against 4 interceptions (one of which should have been a TD but went off the WR hands and was picked at the goal line) and 3100+ yards passing at an 82% (yes, eighty two percent) completion rate, and 21 rushing TD and just short of 1000 yards rushing. So basically, he accounted for 59 TD and 4000 yards of offense. Holy shit dude......

That's a TD:INT ratio of over 9:1. At a high level of HS football, thats unheard of usually. 

But 3,100 passing yards at 82% completion? That's otherworldly. Ungodly. 

You might see 82% comp. on a passer with 1,500 yards and 15 TD, but 3,100 yards and 49 TD? Just insane.