Grayson vs Galax

mw0729

26 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I doubt it, but I'm hoping they do.   Narrows has to bring their A game and take care of business vs Parry McCluer but it would be a beautiful thing to have 1C run through Ragsdale Field.

That would be beautiful wouldn't it...may happen but doubtful gonna run thru galax

Galax..........by as many as they want!

I said it in another thread, Galax is in the early stages of a special run.  I didn't think it would happen this season.  I thought next season would be more likely.  Dixon never ceases to amaze me though.  For the first few games, they couldn't even line up in the correct formation.  I didn't think this team of freshmen and sophomores could improve to the level they have as quickly as they have.  I thought they had too much youth and inexperience in too many places.  I was wrong!

The best player on the field is Dougie.  A close second to him are three freshmen, Cole Pickett, Keaton Beeman and Kolby Barnes.  Beeman and Barnes have younger brothers that will join them on varsity in two years.  They aren't coming alone!  This group currently in middle school are ridiculously talented.  You ain't seen nothing yet!  

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I said it in another thread, Galax is in the early stages of a special run.  I didn't think it would happen this season.  I thought next season would be more likely.  Dixon never ceases to amaze me though.  For the first few games, they couldn't even line up in the correct formation.  I didn't think this team of freshmen and sophomores could improve to the level they have as quickly as they have.  I thought they had too much youth and inexperience in too many places.  I was wrong!

The best player on the field is Dougie.  A close second to him are three freshmen, Cole Pickett, Keaton Beeman and Kolby Barnes.  Beeman and Barnes have younger brothers that will join them on varsity in two years.  They aren't coming alone!  This group currently in middle school are ridiculously talented.  You ain't seen nothing yet!  

When does Galax ever start off strong? Lol They know when they need to start clicking and that's what they're doing right now. They won't be tested again until they meet up with Narrows(never thought I would say that) but I think the Tide takes 1A West and goes to Salem.

7 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

When does Galax ever start off strong? Lol They know when they need to start clicking and that's what they're doing right now. They won't be tested again until they meet up with Narrows(never thought I would say that) but I think the Tide takes 1A West and goes to Salem.

Doubt narrows wants to see dougie again after last year's performance against the big green

Galax doesn't look like much at all when you see them. But my god when the whistle blows it's fun to watch and this is coming from a GW fan. I laughed the whole game cause it was honestly comical how good they are. GW and FC both looked to be on fire in the 1st Q but as soon as Galax saw a weakness it was over! I mean no disrespect at all by saying this but I think Galax wins by 3-5 TDs over every team in the west in the playoffs. And as for Grayson they have talent and ablity no doubt but Galax will roll them imo by as much as they see fit.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Congrats to the Greenwaves! Now is when it really matters and I think Narrows can go the distance! 

Now we are if the green wave soft schedule shows up or not...no offense wave nation but you have played one team all year and you are 0-1 in that game

Good luck waves

9 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Now we are if the green wave soft schedule shows up or not...no offense wave nation but you have played one team all year and you are 0-1 in that game

Good luck waves

I think they get to Round 3, but I think Galax is just too much...if they don’t play as they played tonight.  Would tickle me to see Narrows play Riverheads for the title.  I think it would be ugly, but would be something good for Narrows as a prize for wandering the wilderness as long as they have.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I think they get to Round 3, but I think Galax is just too much...if they don’t play as they played tonight.  Would tickle me to see Narrows play Riverheads for the title.  I think it would be ugly, but would be something good for Narrows as a prize for wandering the wilderness as long as they have.

We will see I guess....cupcake city don't get you ready for playoffs but it's all about matchups now

29 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

We will see I guess....cupcake city don't get you ready for playoffs but it's all about matchups now

33 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

42 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Good luck waves

Agreed on all counts.  

Just happy for the kids that have busted their tails for this.  Just hope they realize the oppurtunity being given to them and seize it.

On 10/30/2017 at 7:34 PM, UVAObserver said:

No, presuming that 11 Galax players manage to find the stadium Friday night.

Galax somehow managed to bring their whole roster last Friday and find the stadium, but it clearly wasn't enough. Heck of a ballgame to watch. Congratulations to the Blue Devils. 

On 10/31/2017 at 8:00 AM, sixcat said:

Galax should have wanted a few more points evidently. You just never know in a rivalry game. One of the best games I've watched in a long time. Hats off to this Grayson bunch for a nice win.

8 minutes ago, GC Oldtimer said:

Galax should have wanted a few more points evidently. You just never know in a rivalry game. One of the best games I've watched in a long time. Hats off to this Grayson bunch for a nice win.

That was obviously one of my weaker predictions.  Exactly one person on this board picked Grayson on the pick-em challenge.  His/her username leaves little doubt to their allegiance so, not exactly unbiased. Not one single person otherwise, yourself included, would have put money on Grayson winning that game.  

Hindsight is always 20/20!

Rivalry game or not, Grayson played with an intense sense of urgency while Galax was flat.  Not an excuse, hats off to Grayson for being prepared.  Best defense Galax has faced all season.