J. I. Burton @ Thomas Walker

Unionguy_2017

Biggest question of the night...

What professional photographer will Jim I Adams wife try to have barred from taking pics so their daughter can. If your confused, look up Sammy Belcher on Facebook. He gracefully laid out the scenario. Just another reason I can’t stand norton. 

4 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Biggest question of the night...

What professional photographer will Jim I Adams wife try to have barred from taking pics so their daughter can. If your confused, look up Sammy Belcher on Facebook. He gracefully laid out the scenario. Just another reason I can’t stand norton. 

Heard about that. Leave it to Jimbo. Never have been a fan 

12 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I know this game doesn't appeal to many, but TW is having a decent season and a win over Burton could cost Union some power points. Is there any chance of it happening? 

Burton - 34

TW - 20

More likely than not it happens, I say.  Look at the results against common opponents.  Without exception, it favors TW. 

Edit: Pretty sure I’ve flipped the numbers accidentally while transcribing them.  Meaning, my logic was completely backward.  Crap.

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

More likely than not it happens, I say.  Look at the results against common opponents.  Without exception, it favors TW. 

I gotcha. I just look at the castlewood result for each team. I know the transitive property isn't a good measuring stick, but take it for what it's worth. 

2 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I gotcha. I just look at the castlewood result for each team. I know the transitive property isn't a good measuring stick, but take it for what it's worth. 

That’s a fair point.  However, Castlewood has played progressively worse since the TW game.  Despite the gaudy record, their opponents have been the whipping posts of SWVA Football.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s a fair point.  However, Castlewood has played progressively worse since the TW game.  Despite the gaudy record, their opponents have been the whipping posts of SWVA Football.

Fair enough. The Eastside score for both teams sticks out aswell. I have to wonder if injuries played a factor. 

18 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

How is that?

Common opponents are twin springs,rye cove, east side and castlewood.

ji burton beat twin springs 53-6. Walker beat them 51-6.

burton beat the cove 37-14. Tw won 21-14.

burton lost to eastside 28-22. Tw lost 39-7

and burton beat castlewood 49-30. Tw lost 28-0.

26 minutes ago, Suit Up said:

How is that?

Common opponents are twin springs,rye cove, east side and castlewood.

ji burton beat twin springs 53-6. Walker beat them 51-6.

burton beat the cove 37-14. Tw won 21-14.

burton lost to eastside 28-22. Tw lost 39-7

and burton beat castlewood 49-30. Tw lost 28-0.

I too am confused with this logic. Observer is on point usually. I chalk it up to a typo. 

Transitive property is a hot topic in football. It’s easy to look at common opponents and lean on direction or the other. It’s not always the case. Matchups play a big part. The example I go by is my junior and senior year. Same situation in both seasons. GC beats Appy, then PV beats GC, and Appy goes on to beat PV. 

But its its fun to lean on and I do it all the time haha.