Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

This is the playoffs. Anything can happen. It would be a huge mistake for Union to take Richlands lightly. It’s a nice rivalry. I only wish I could make the 3 hour drive for it. Only way I would be able to is if it is on Saturday. 

That said, I think Union is fired up enough for a good playoff run at least until the Region 2D finals. What worries me is that they do have a history of coming out flat in first round. I think they are always fired up to play Richlands. Richlands won’t just come out and let Union win. 

I think the Bears ply a nice game of keep away and win 20-7. 

I don't know about 20 to 7 but it should be one of the best playoff games you'll watch out of the 8 teams in there bracket!!! At the last min I decided to go watch the tazewell game but heard Richlands played very well last night! Can't wait to watch them next week at union should be a crowd of blue at bullitt park!! 

3 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

I'm calling upset. 17-14 Richlands.

I was thinking the same thing. Richlands finally got there running game going with 44 Johnson at RB and brown won t be at QB next week. VA High couldn't stop them from running the ball, but I know they ain't Union. 

Will be a very good game i think. Mitchell hurt you as a wr threat with motion and all. Limits him at qb I would think. How has the team adapted to that have not seen them plag sense richlands game. 

Mitchell is throwing TD's to Qualls now

Qualls is throwing TD's to Jenkins now

You never know if we're running out of the T or throwing out of the T now. 

back to the spread occasionally

Union showed ALOT last night. 

I think it was a test last night to see how it's going to work for the next week. We shall see

I’m gong Union 28-14. A couple of things, it seems from the last few weeks Richlands is having trouble scoring points and Unions D is better than anyone around. I also think Unions offense is better now than it ever has been this season. They can come at you so many different ways. I think it will be close through the half with Union pulling away. Go Bears!

Scoring summary and stats of Union vs. J Battle

U -  Mitchell 16 run (pass failed)  (Mitchell 4 carries, 92 yds and 3 TD's for game)

U -  Zirkle 5 run (kick failed) (Zirkle 10 carries, 79 yds and 2 TD's for game)

U -  Mitchell 23 run (Falin kick)

U -  Zirkle 35 run (Falin kick)

JB - Mumpower 17 pass from Scarbrough (Jones run)

U  - Jenkins 14 pass from Qualls (Falin kick)

U  - Falin 32FG

JB - Pool 73 run (kick failed) (Pool had 83 yds and 1 TD for game)

U  - Mitchell 65 run (Falin kick)

U  - Qualls 13 pass from Mitchell (Falin kick)

JB - Jones 5 run (Musick kick) (Jones 79 rushing yds on 10 carries and 1 TD for game)

U  - Jenkins 43 run (Falin kick)

JB - Sarver 55 run (Booher run)

Team Stats:

First Downs - JB 9, U 11

Rushes-Yards - JB 31-227, U 32-388

Passing-Yards - JB 75, U 45

C-A-I - JB 7-13-2, U 4-8-0

Fumbles-Lost - JB 2-2, U 1-0

Penalties-Yards - JB 2-25, U 8-51

Punts-Avg. - JB 2-20, U 1-40

Team Scoring and Stats Va High vs Richlands

R   - Forrest 42 FG

VH - Adkins 55 run (Fayler kick)  (Adkins 63 yards rushing on  4 carries and 1 TD for game)

R   - Moir 4 run (Forrest kick) (Moir and Brown over 60 yds rushing and Moir 1 TD for game)

R  - Safety, Moir tackled VH qb in end zone

Team Stats:

First downs - VH 5, R 17

Rushes-Yards - VH 25-99, R 49-195

Passing Yards - VH 42, R 94 (Lathrop VH,  13 yds rushing on 10 carries and 42 yds passing)

C-A-I - VH 3-16-0, R 11-16-0

Fumbles-Lost - VH 0-0, R 2-0

Penalties-Yards - VH 5-40, R 8-70

Punts-Avg. - VH 7-40, R 5-30

R - S. Johnson -62 rushing yds on 12 carries, 15 tackles

R - J. White - 37 rushing yds for game

R - T. Horn - 40 yds receiving

VH - A. Rose 32 yds rushing on 8 carries for game

26 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

A couple of things, it seems from the last few weeks Richlands is having trouble scoring points and Unions D is better than anyone around. 

*the whole season 

Imo this game will not close as the last.   I think union offense is more lethal with James touching the ball every play.  Unions D is harassing people, if richlands is having a hard time scoring they will def struggle against Union.  What you gotta watch out for is this is a rivalry an the blues will be ready to play anything can happen so we will see.  

1 hour ago, ba961 said:

Will be a very good game i think. Mitchell hurt you as a wr threat with motion and all. Limits him at qb I would think. How has the team adapted to that have not seen them plag sense richlands game. 

We threw four passes agains y’all last game as best I remember. That’s with Bailey. We are a run team first. The thing is, ya never know who is gonna have the big night. Could be BZ, Owens, Jenkins, or Mitchell. Offense is averaging 36.3 per game while allowing 10.6 on defense. I’ve got a lot of respect for Richlands. The fact the NOBODY in the region wanted to play them in the playoffs speaks volume. This game will have a similar outcome. But a larger margin of victory for us I think. We won’t turn the ball over in the red zone two or three times again. Our last game wasn’t in question despite the score. This will be the same I think. But it’ll be a good ball game. Our boys better be focused and locked in for sure. I know Richlands will be. 

17 minutes ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

Imo this game will not close as the last.   I think union offense is more lethal with James touching the ball every play.  Unions D is harassing people, if richlands is having a hard time scoring they will def struggle against Union.  What you gotta watch out for is this is a rivalry an the blues will be ready to play anything can happen so we will see.  

Yes...We shall see.

Pick your poison boys, 9 in the box we throw or we break the line of scrimmage and we score on long runs, question???do you kick to Mitchell this time ???nope!!!I bet you a dollar to a donut that Qualls gets another pick and we throw for two TDS . If you thought Mitchell was a game changer touching the ball every now and then at receiver whatcha going to do when he touches the ball every down????key on him, Jenkins, Owens, Zirkle , Qualls will make you pay 

My hat is off to Richlands. Playing the toughest schedule in 2A and battling through to claw into the playoffs at the end. It's respectable to do something like that. 

That being said, I think Union will win this game 28-10. The power I vs the bears defense will be great to watch. If Richlands is able to have enough success to get the W in it then fair play to you. I'll be the first to congratulate. The Bears offense is finally hitting its stride. The running game with Mitchell, Owens, Jenkins and Zirkle is really starting to take off. But we are no longer one deminsional. Qualls has began to find a rhythm throwing the football. Threw a touchdown to Jenkins last night and had another really nice throw to #80 Falin but the coverage was good and he wasn't able to come down with it. And then to beat all, Mitchell threw a touchdown to Qualls so there's another thing to think about. Be safe on the trip coming over Richlands. 

GO BEARS!!

Is have to say other wise on the bears having the best d. Richlands held a 1000yard passed to 3out of 16 last night. The d also held Blacksburg and wb running attack to the lowest games they have had all year. So I'm going to say a defensive battle. Blues in a close one 10 7 kind of game

8 minutes ago, ba961 said:

Is have to say other wise on the bears having the best d. Richlands held a 1000yard passed to 3out of 16 last night. The d also held Blacksburg and wb running attack to the lowest games they have had all year. So I'm going to say a defensive battle. Blues in a close one 10 7 kind of game

And yet Union rushed for 300 yards on Richlands and held Blues under 100 yards. I don't think there's any dispute which team has best defense. 

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

And yet Union rushed for 300 yards on Richlands and held Blues under 100 yards. I don't think there's any dispute which team has best defense. 

And that was way before we had things figured out, in my opinion

Turner will play Friday at every game if it’s his choice, as for Richlands being a better team , I believe they are but Union has found their O again, so many weapons that you cannot key on one man, Travis doesn’t have to hit a home run every play, he will settle for 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Richlands will not kick to Mitchell and they will give up field position because of it