Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

Everybody needs to claim down these two teams will play in couple of days and if your a true fan you wouldn't be telling what your team is doing in practice on a message board! As far as #44 for Richlands goes he's a heck of a athlete along with all of his team mates I got a chance to speak to the young man a few days ago and all he want is the best for his team and there is no I to him it takes the hold team to go chase that dream of a state championship that's all he wants for his team is to give them all he has each game and make it back to Salem! So whoever keeps posting just give it to #44 remember it takes a hold team to win! Good luck to both teams this week should be one heck of a game!

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Union's D coordinator at the time couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag either. That certainly didn't help.

I would actually rather face a single wing this year than a passing attack like Richlands had last year.

Man he was so awful!! An yes wastes alot of talent when he was there. D coach we got now knows his stuff!!

Man I love the landsharks!! Some of the fans made a huge banner when the D makes a good play they stretch it across the stands.  The whole team does the landshark gesture with there hands on there helmet.  I love it gives them something to look forward to if they make a big play.  The guy who made the sign, that is awesome man!!

13 hours ago, Counts said:

There is no way he can be back with any type of mobility  

A full Achilles tear is a 6-month proposition to something resembling full recovery.  However, it only takes about 6 weeks to get to a full weight-bearing load.  That’s probably the disconnect...he probably walks perfectly normal by this point, but is just not able to athletically go.  If the tear was a full tear and not a partial tear, it would be completely irresponsible for Richlands to send him out there Friday night.  And Mance won’t do that.

A partial tear?  Still, I think it’s much too risky for a young man who has the rest of his life to be active.

1 hour ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

Man I love the landsharks!! Some of the fans made a huge banner when the D makes a good play they stretch it across the stands.  The whole team does the landshark gesture with there hands on there helmet.  I love it gives them something to look forward to if they make a big play.  The guy who made the sign, that is awesome man!!

Well thank you but I can't take credit my wife made it and you will see it for sure this Fri night.

22 hours ago, Counts said:

There is no way he can be back with any type of mobility  

21 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

If he's back already then my god he must be an absolute freak of nature. From what I know about Achilles injuries is that it usually takes around 6 weeks before you can even START physical therapy. I hope for his case he is ready to go, but I hope he's not put into a situation to where he takes one shot to the Achilles and has to have another surgery. 

A receiver for Tennessee High tore his ACL against Lee in week 2 and was back and scoring touchdowns before the end of the regular season.  Also scored in their playoff game against South Doyle last week I believe.  Not sure what the comparison is between the ACL and Achilles as far as which is worse, but just saying people can apparently return from devastating injuries in a fairly short amount of time with success these days.

9 hours ago, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

I figured you all lobbied Miami to make your very own turnover chain.  I mean, you already have that sickening stylized "U" logo, all you need is to have whoever duplicate that chain and paint the "U" orange and navy blue instead of orange and pukey green and there you go.  :D

Back to what offense Richlands is running this Friday, I hear somewhere they were going with the "oop de oop".  Because after all, it did work for Jonathan Moxson at West Canaan, Texas back in the day.  :D

If the young man physically feels like he can play and the doctors feel it is ok to give it a shot, I would say go for it.  If he was a Junior, I would definitely not take the chance but as a Senior, you know this young man wants to be out there with his brothers.  This young man was a beast in scrimmages this summer.  I hope the young man gets a chance to play tomorrow night.  I would think his body will tell him rather quickly whether his Achilles is ready or not.  If he has been practicing, his Achilles has likely already told him whether he is ready to go or not!!

From what I have seen from him on the sidelines this season, he seems to be a great team mate and always encouraging the other guys!!   Best of luck to him no matter what he decides to do.

2 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

....all you need is to have whoever duplicate that chain and paint the "U" orange and navy blue instead of orange and pukey green and there you go.  :D

Back to what offense Richlands is running this Friday, I hear somewhere they were going with the "oop de oop".  Because after all, it did work for Jonathan Moxson at West Canaan, Texas back in the day.  :D

We already have a chain, thank you very much. Mitchell was wearing it during the coin toss at the Abingdon game. lol

On a side note.....Varsity Blues.....best HS Football movie EVER!! :)

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

We already have a chain, thank you very much. Mitchell was wearing it during the coin toss at the Abingdon game. lol

Varsity Blues is awesome but I am partial to "Remember the Titans".  :)

5 minutes ago, mv91 said:

Agree, in fact I watched "Remember the Titans" last night for the umpteenth time, was asked by the better half how many times I had watched, I answered, Not enough.  Great movie.

17 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Oh good grief... all respect points for the Bears is lost.  Lol.  After last weekend, I want to drive to Miami myself and steal the chain and melt it into the fiery depths of hell.  I'd rather have a lunch pail than a ugly gold chain anyday.  :)

100% agreed on Varsity Blues.  Side note, if you have the new Madden video game and play the storyline mode, I'm like 98% sure that those radio announcers in that are the same guys who are in that movie.  :)

9 minutes ago, mv91 said:

1 minute ago, Blue 72 said:

Agree, in fact I watched "Remember the Titans" last night for the umpteenth time, was asked by the better half how many times I had watched, I answered, Not enough.  Great movie.

Also a great movie. VERY close 2nd for me!

3 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Oh good grief... all respect points for the Bears is lost.  Lol.  After last weekend, I want to drive to Miami myself and steal the chain and melt it into the fiery depths of hell.  I'd rather have a lunch pail than a ugly gold chain anyday.  :)

I know some of this stuff seems "gimmicky" that Union does, but the kids love it and respond to it. If it gets them fired up and another "W" in the record then I'm all for it.  I would ALMOST run across the field in my underwear if I thought it would lead to a victory. haha

47 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

A receiver for Tennessee High tore his ACL against Lee in week 2 and was back and scoring touchdowns before the end of the regular season.  Also scored in their playoff game against South Doyle last week I believe.  Not sure what the comparison is between the ACL and Achilles as far as which is worse, but just saying people can apparently return from devastating injuries in a fairly short amount of time with success these days.

Different injuries and different recovery periods, Achilles being more serious and lengthier recuperation.  It’s not uncommon for people to come back from partial ACL tears in a matter of weeks, and full tears in 3 months or so.  

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I know some of this stuff seems "gimmicky" that Union does, but the kids love it and respond to it. If it gets them fired up and another "W" in the record then I'm all for it.  I would ALMOST run across the field in my underwear if I thought it would lead to a victory. haha

Why wear underwear, if it insures a win, do the deal and let it all hang out.

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I am leery about “Roll Bears Roll!” because of the similarities to Roll Tide lol. 

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

I am right there with you.  I have no idea how many times I have watched it.  Just something about it draws me to it.  Matter of fact, it has been awhile since I watched it.  May have to pull out the DVD over the weekend. lol