Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

1 minute ago, CriticalNoise said:

That's fine, we don't want dumbasses like you to support our team anyways

2 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

That's fine, we don't want dumbasses like you to support our team anyways

I just call it like I see it! Friend

Fun fact. Clarke County's starting quarterback (Jordan Turner) started all season as a true freshman on the baseball team at UVa-Wise last year. Played shortstop and centerfield, kid is a good athlete.

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

So Richlands is gonna hold Union to less than 14? Because history is showing Richlands offense can't score more than 2 touchdowns. 

Actually Union offense only scored 1 touchdown.

4 minutes ago, pvfan said:

Fun fact. Clarke County's starting quarterback (Jordan Turner) started all season as a true freshman on the baseball team at UVa-Wise last year. Played shortstop and centerfield, kid is a good athlete.

Is this a football thread or baseball!! I'm confused. 

8 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Oh wow! You can do math. 

Union offense scored 1 touchdown against Richlands. Their special teams scored 1 touchdown and they scored on a field goal. 

Have you not kept up with Union at all this season? Union has multiple threats on offense. Look at how well their special teams has done this season. 

First you try to say Union hasn’t played a strong schedule. In part that may seem to be true as some of their opponents were indeed down. You predict that because of that Union will lose to Richlands (as was implied). You do realize Richlands’ schedule right? And one of Richlands’ 6 losses came at the hands of Union. 

If Union’s strength of schedule was a problem then they wouldn’t be first seed in a system largely based on wins and strength of schedule. 

Please stop while you are far behind. 

35 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Right...And Richlands still lost. If Richlands had an offense capable of scoring more than 2 touchdowns a game then they could've won. See my point?

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Right...And Richlands still lost. If Richlands had an offense capable of scoring more than 2 touchdowns a game then they could've won. See my point?

Not really! If that Richland kid had not kicked the ball to Mitchell Union offense no better than there's.

5 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Not really! If that Richland kid had not kicked the ball to Mitchell Union offense no better than there's.

If they did not kick to Mitchell then there is a possibility that Union’s offense found a way to score. 

10 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

If they did not kick to Mitchell then there is a possibility that Union’s offense found a way to score. 

If they had not kicked ball to Mitchell Union probably loses. Best I remember Union couldn't score either. Neither team has a Tom Brady offense. Nothing to brag about! 

7 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Truth hurts don't it! I'll back out so you can pat yourself on the back!

It didn't take me very long to figure out how your reading comprehension skills lack strength. If you didn't notice, my screen name is BEARCAT DAD. I don't have a horse in the race as far as who I want to win this game. I would be fine if VHS gets the chance to play either in the 2nd round.

Region D is far and away the deepest region in 2A. There is not one or two runaway teams that are just 100% going to win this region. Most every team in this region has a decent chance to win it. Some a little more than others. 

I sat back and gave you a chance to come up with something relevant for why you felt that Union was done. You failed.

With that said, Richlands absolutely has a chance to beat Union. Union is the top team for good reason, but they are far from invincible. Richlands' outstanding defense has kept them in all 10 games of a brutal schedule. They have a defense that can slow Mitchell and the Union offense down. 

To me, there is only one heavy favorite in the first round in Region D, and it's actually not in the 1v8 matchup. This will be a great game that NO ONE knows who will win.

I threw you some scraps, Troll. Consider yourself lucky.

2 hours ago, T52OS said:

Union coach Travis Turner had plenty of reasons to be happy with the performance of his experienced squad. The Bears rushed for 290 yards behind seniors Braxton Zirkle (18 carries, 91 yards) and Dakota Owens (12 carries, 1104 yards) and junior Avery Jenkins, who added 30 yards rushing.

Richlands managed just 26 total yards in the first half and never found a comfort zone. For the game, the Blues accumulated just 36 yards rushing and 61 yards passing with three interceptions.

“Union is very athletic, smart and well-coached, and they just whipped us,” Richlands coach Greg Mance said. “We couldn’t get first downs or sustain anything to give our defense a breather in the first half.”

1. You can't blame the punter for that touchdown. The coaching staff put the offense out there to go for it on 4th Down and then changed their mind and tried to run the punt team on. Punter was rushed to get the snapped off to avoid a delay of game.

2. If you take that punt return touchdown away then the score is still 10-0  in favor of union, and if you still give Richlands the touchdown they scored it would end up 10-7 - Union still wins.

3. Union had 290 rushing yards & 30 passing yards. Richlands had 36 rushing yards and 61 passing yards. 320 > 97, right? It clearly seems that one offense was better than the other when one offense has more than 3x the yards. 

James mitchell barely touched the ball on offense the first game. Less than 60 yards if I read right. Now he's touching the ball almost every play. You don't think that makes Union's offense better? They only had 30 yards passing the first game so losing him as a receiver doesn't seem like it would hurt that much. 

You can spin it whatever way you want but the tale of the first matchup, as well as the entire season is that Union runs the ball at will and their defense doesn't allow yards or points & Richlands offense is incapable of putting enough points on the board to win when their defense allows more than two touchdowns. I don't see how anything has changed? 

2 hours ago, T52OS said:

If they had not kicked ball to Mitchell Union probably loses. Best I remember Union couldn't score either. Neither team has a Tom Brady offense. Nothing to brag about! 

Subtract 7 from 16, you get 9. Is 9 not still greater than 7?