Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

7 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Ironic you say this because didn't someone post earlier in the week about Seeing Union run the single wing in practice? ?

That would have been I, why didn’t someone jump my arse ? Because everyone from Union knew I was full of BS 

7 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

That would have been I, why didn’t someone jump my arse ? Because everyone from Union knew I was full of BS 

All in good fun. I'd love to see someone walk into the UHS field house and suggest running the single wing to coach Turner. ?

29 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Ironic you say this because didn't someone post earlier in the week about Seeing Union run the single wing in practice? ?

I didn't see that if it was posted...I was trying to lighten the mood around here...I guess Mance could run it...he was a star in that offense years ago lol

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Went up to Clark Co. and got torched by it

Oh I got ya now forgot about them....I saw them against Appo and how the hell did they beat union? They looked pathetic to me...granted it was against Appo but still they looked pitiful to me.

I may be biased but they run it nowhere as good as us and they run it differently also

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

Oh I got ya now forgot about them....I saw them against Appo and how the hell did they beat union? They looked pathetic to me...granted it was against Appo but still they looked pitiful to me.

I may be biased but they run it nowhere as good as is and they run it differently also

Why I said above that they played against the ugly version of it lol

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The bad part is that y'all played against the ugly version of the single wing, haha jk

I'm really ignorant about it. They ran the "spinning" single wing is what I was told. Is there a difference? And if so what does Giles run?

2 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I'm really ignorant about it. They ran the "spinning" single wing is what I was told. Is there a difference? And if so what does Giles run?

I did see some similarities to Clarkes version but it looked like a hot mess against Appo. I guess the biggest difference is that we don't have a guy that catches the snap and spins with the ball every play to either hand it off or tuck it and run. We just catch the snap and run it right at you most of the time 

Just now, jarhead24219 said:

3 turnovers in the 1st q had a lot to do with that, and the fact Barnett was out and a very long trip. Clarke played very well that day

Sounded like Union was also caught off guard by it. 

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Union's D coordinator at the time couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag either. That certainly didn't help.

I would actually rather face a single wing this year than a passing attack like Richlands had last year.

Yeah, a lot of wasted talent on Defense through the years for sure. 

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Yeah, a lot of wasted talent on Defense through the years for sure. 

Yes. I know he's blessed with some major talent this year, but Coach Rhodes has been a huge improvement. At least he knows what halftime adjustments are. Heck, he can even do them in the 1st quarter!

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yes. I know he's blessed with some major talent this year, but Coach Rhodes has been a huge improvement. At least he knows what halftime adjustments are. Heck, he can even do them in the 1st quarter!

Rhodes is definetly an improvement and very good with the adjustments. But I don't think Tanner Kennedy gets enough credit for being the quarterback of the defense. 

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Why I said above that they played against the ugly version of it lol

The ugly version of it was Northwood and James Monroe in the mid 00's and still winning with it.  Pretty sure I've seen little leaguers in Giles Co run it smoother.   Never seen Clarke Co.'s take on it but I'm sure it isn't what we are used to seeing.

22 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The ugly version of it was Northwood and James Monroe in the mid 00's and still winning with it.  Pretty sure I've seen little leaguers in Giles Co run it smoother.   Never seen Clarke Co.'s take on it but I'm sure it isn't what we are used to seeing.

Clarke's is similar but very different at the same time. It just looks sloppy.