Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

Class act all the way, no doubt.  Noticed something in the picture that seemed funny and I know it doesn't mean anything, but the towel Jones is holding has a great "R" in full view.

I want to take a moment and say thanks to all the Union fans an coaches that I have talked to over the past years.  Everyone was very polite, and showed good sportsmanship.  Use to talk to Union's assistant coaches during Richlands home games with them, and had a really good time.  Great atmosphere at Bullit Park and wish everyone a safe and injury free game, and once again, thanks for the fans sportsmanship.

35 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Class act all the way, no doubt.  Noticed something in the picture that seemed funny and I know it doesn't mean anything, but the towel Jones is holding has a great "R" in full view.

Yeah it says Roll Bears Roll

44 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I want to take a moment and say thanks to all the Union fans an coaches that I have talked to over the past years.  Everyone was very polite, and showed good sportsmanship.  Use to talk to Union's assistant coaches during Richlands home games with them, and had a really good time.  Great atmosphere at Bullit Park and wish everyone a safe and injury free game, and once again, thanks for the fans sportsmanship.

The respect is mutual, 2 top notch teams with up most respect and class for one another. I can't recall a time I've read or seen on here of one fan base bashing another. Props to you guys

On 11/5/2017 at 7:27 PM, UniON_FoOtBaLL said:

I agree 100% Union an Graham can win a state title. Appo is still a very good team an has a awsome program but I think Union are Graham beats them in week 4 hopefully Union ? IMO.  

Only two schools on Union schedule had winning record this season. My guess is Union season is about to come to an end! 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Yall like sappy fb movies, surprised Rudy wasn't mentioned. 

Friday Night Lights (movie), The Program, North Dallas Forty, Any Given Sunday. Although I do like Varsity Blues. But rest are too sappy.

One some may or may not know is "Facing the Giants". 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

The respect is mutual, 2 top notch teams with up most respect and class for one another. I can't recall a time I've read or seen on here of one fan base bashing another. Props to you guys

It is nice to see the respect each team and "most" of the fan bases for the teams have for each other.   Because of the respect I have for the Union program and fans that I pull for them in the playoffs each year.............with the exception of course of when we play each other.  

I hope the Blues find a way to win this game,  but if they don't,  I will be pulling for the Bears to make a deep run and if they make it to Salem,  I will make the trip to watch and pull for them. 

This game Friday should be a fun game to watch with a fantastic atmosphere,  I will not be able to make it,  but I wish all the fans a safe trip to the game and back home and also a safe and healthy game for the athletes of both teams !

Oh and "Remember the Titans"  is my favorite fottball movie !

3 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Only two schools on Union schedule had winning record this season. My guess is Union season is about to come to an end! 

So your saying only Ridgeview and Abingdon are the only teams Union faced this season with a winning record?

15 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Battle

I forgot about Battle they did get in on winning side 6-5 so three schools had winning season.  Either way stick a fork in them they're done ! 

30 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Where did you come from?  Unions strength of schedule is pretty high when compared to most other 2a schools. Gate city rated a 67 and Richlands a 64ish. Union has a low 50’s. Central Woodstock, who is 10-0 and making a lot of noise, has a strength of schedule rating of 21!  So my friend, who is your school. Let’s take a look at their schedule. Just for kicks and giggles. If Richlands pulls the upset, then I tip my cap to them and wish them luck. But the boys will determine the outcome tomorrow night. 

11 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

Where did you come from?  Unions strength of schedule is pretty high when compared to most other 2a schools. Gate city rated a 67 and Richlands a 64ish. Union has a low 50’s. Central Woodstock, who is 10-0 and making a lot of noise, has a strength of schedule rating of 21!  So my friend, who is your school. Let’s take a look at their schedule. Just for kicks and giggles. If Richlands pulls the upset, then I tip my cap to them and wish them luck. But the boys will determine the outcome tomorrow night. 

If they have GC's schedule rated harder than Richland's than whatever site that is, is dead wrong. 

I'm more excited for this game than I've been in a long, long time. Maybe ever for high school football. Julius Jones was at UHS today. Who knows, maybe that'll give Union the extra push to be sure they don't come out flat tomorrow night. It shouldn't be hard to get up for Richlands though. To the Richlands fans, have safe drive down and enjoy. To the Union fans on the board that I know, I'll see you guys tomorrow! 

Go Bears!

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

If they have GC's schedule rated harder than Richland's than whatever site that is, is dead wrong. 

No way GC is rated high than Richlands.  The Union and Richlands game will be a dog fight.  Look at the history of these two teams over the past 4 years.  It didn't matter who they had or had not played, what their record was, what the predictions were, or were it was played, each game was a high quality, high octane, over the top game.  These two teams respect each other, and they know the talent on each team.  Two premier head coaches, deep coaching staff, great fan base, great community backing, and one heck of a ball game.  So for anyone to say, stick a fork in either team they are done, shows the lack of knowledge of the history of these two teams.  I bleed blue and beyond doubt hope that Richlands wins tomorrow night, but history tells me this comes down to who wants it more, which team has the biggest heart, and in the end, which team makes the fewest mistakes.  Don't dish either of these two teams, you don't know what you are talking about.

37 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I forgot about Battle they did get in on winning side 6-5 so three schools had winning season.  Either way stick a fork in them they're done ! 

Battle went 6-5 in a 10 game regular season?