Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

18 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Come on man; don't try to start sh-- again, just put down your prediction.

Fine.

23-20 Richlands. 

Just because Mitchell is going to have to play QB. Cant throw it to him anymore. Richlands D has tightened up and mitchell wont beat them out of the backfield. But if Richlands can't score it could be bad. 

4 minutes ago, BlueRazor said:

It's hard for me to do this but...

Union-24

Richlands-10

I hope I'm wrong.

I can not believe you did that, are you okay??

1 minute ago, local_insight said:

Fine.

23-20 Richlands. 

Just because Mitchell is going to have to play QB. Cant throw it to him anymore. Richlands D has tightened up and mitchell wont them them out of the backfield. But if Richlands can't score it could be bad. 

Thanks for that, hope you are right.

This is going to be a tough game. I know it is. I do believe that Union's offense is rolling right now, and the defense has been extremely consistent in every game. No matter the players, the formations, the amount of yards gained, the only statistic that matters is points on the board. And I think the Bears are more capable of scoring than Richlands.

Union 21
Richlands 7

Hope all the Blues fans have a safe trip to and from BSG, and I pray all these young men are as healthy and injury free at the end of the game as they are now. Dress warmly.

29 minutes ago, BlueRazor said:

It's hard for me to do this but...

Union-24

Richlands-10

I hope I'm wrong.

I know how you feel Razor............I think I have picked against our Blues maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 15 or 20 years.  I just don't like to do it even if i feel pretty sure they will lose,  like I did last year against Appo in the state game.  I wanted nothing more for the Blues to win that game,  but I thought Appo was just too strong.

Again today as bad as I hate it,  I think the Bears win 21 to 10.  The Blues D is tough but we have just struggled so much on offense this year and with the game at Union,  I just don't see us scoring enough against that strong D to pull this one out.............but I feel sick to my stomach to not pick my beloved blues. I hope I am so wrong and I have to appologize to our fans on here and our players for this pick.  I am Blue through and through and love our kids and coaches,  but the offense just worries me,  but I will be pulling and praying hard for them.

Good luck to both teams and safe travel to all !!

3 minutes ago, Bigrhsfan said:

I know how you feel Razor............I think I have picked against our Blues maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 15 or 20 years.  I just don't like to do it even if i feel pretty sure they will lose,  like I did last year against Appo in the state game.  I wanted nothing more for the Blues to win that game,  but I thought Appo was just too strong.

Again today as bad as I hate it,  I think the Bears win 21 to 10.  The Blues D is tough but we have just struggled so much on offense this year and with the game at Union,  I just don't see us scoring enough against that strong D to pull this one out.............but I feel sick to my stomach to not pick my beloved blues. I hope I am so wrong and I have to appologize to our fans on here and our players for this pick.  I am Blue through and through and love our kids and coaches,  but the offense just worries me,  but I will be pulling and praying hard for them.

Good luck to both teams and safe travel to all !!

I agree with this whole post... well said.

Maybe I'm just old school, but even if I know that the cards are all in favor of the opposition, and I agree they are this time, I would never pick against the Blues, to each to his own, and I know how big a fan all you guys are, have know all of you for a long time, and still count you as a true blue fan.

12 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Maybe I'm just old school, but even if I know that the cards are all in favor of the opposition, and I agree they are this time, I would never pick against the Blues, to each to his own, and I know how big a fan all you guys are, have know all of you for a long time, and still count you as a true blue fan.

Of course I'm a "True Blue" fan. I give an honest opinion not a fake one. Richlands can win this tonight and that's what I hope for. 

Just now, BlueRazor said:

Of course I'm a "True Blue" fan. I give an honest opinion not a fake one. Richlands can win this tonight and that's what I hope for. 

I'm not faking it, you know how I feel, and yes I've got enough football knowledge to know it looks just like you described, but I will always pick the Blues over any team any time even if they don't have a chance in hell of winning, yeah call me stupid, but that's just me.  Yes, I've picked them in every game this year, did they win them all, NO but I still picked them.  Hope to see you guys at the game and we all can scream our heads off for the Blues.

1 hour ago, local_insight said:

Fine.

23-20 Richlands. 

Just because Mitchell is going to have to play QB. Cant throw it to him anymore. Richlands D has tightened up and mitchell wont beat them out of the backfield. But if Richlands can't score it could be bad. 

HAVENT I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE QB SCREEN TO THE TAILBACK THEN HE THROWS IT DOWN THE FIELD TO MITCHELL....OOPS DAMN I GIVE UP OUR TRICK PLAY

1 hour ago, local_insight said:

Fine.

23-20 Richlands. 

They didn't throw it to him enough to make a difference the first game. Union had 30 yards passing total. I'd be nervous about someone that athletic touching the ball most plays in the backfield if I was Richlands.. just look at what Basham did to them in one half. 

44 minutes ago, EH31 said:

They didn't throw it to him enough to make a difference the first game. Union had 30 yards passing total. I'd be nervous about someone that athletic touching the ball most plays in the backfield if I was Richlands.. just look at what Basham did to them in one half. 

Total respect to Mitchel and Union, but he is no Basham, and Union is not William Byrd.  You could be right, but Richlands has one heck of a defense, and although Union has a great O line it doesn't even come close to the O line of William Byrd.  It will be a test of heart tonight.

My first time posting on here. Just wanted to put in my thoughts for tonight. Richlands is by far one of the most solid programs southwest VA has ever had and will ever have. Year in and year out the Blues make football a way of life. Union has been a very solid program in it's short existence. We have been putting the pieces together to make a program our communities could be proud of and we are doing good at it. Tonight we will get to see what will be one of the best games played on an historic field. Bullit Park has hosted a many of good games and tonight will be no exception. I look for an old school, smack em in the mouth, pad popping, hard hitting, emotional game tonight. Ill call it like this, The blues come in fired up and ready to show that they are worthy of everyone's respect, but my bears will be the victor tonight by a score of 24 to 10 ( Most of the points coming in the late 3rd and fourth quarters).

GOOOOOOOOOOOO U!

3 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

My first time posting on here. Just wanted to put in my thoughts for tonight. Richlands is by far one of the most solid programs southwest VA has ever had and will ever have. Year in and year out the Blues make football a way of life. Union has been a very solid program in it's short existence. We have been putting the pieces together to make a program our communities could be proud of and we are doing good at it. Tonight we will get to see what will be one of the best games played on an historic field. Bullit Park has hosted a many of good games and tonight will be no exception. I look for an old school, smack em in the mouth, pad popping, hard hitting, emotional game tonight. Ill call it like this, The blues come in fired up and ready to show that they are worthy of everyone's respect, but my bears will be the victor tonight by a score of 24 to 10 ( Most of the points coming in the late 3rd and fourth quarters).

GOOOOOOOOOOOO U!

Great to have you on the board, and you are right it will be one heck of a game. Looking forward to the excitement.

5 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOO U!

Welcome to the board.

6 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Not bad!  Bologna burger is awesome!  Former Haysi QB great and state record setter at the time, Jason Compton runs it.  Only negative is it's not open AFTER the game.

Same with the Moose. Closes at 9.

11 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOO U!

Welcome. CANNOT wait for 7 PM!

2 hours ago, BlueRazor said:

Of course I'm alright. There will be few that will be rooting or hollering any louder than me tonight pulling for the Blues. If you don't believe me just ask BigRhs and Ryan.

That's my opinion that you asked for.

I'm gonna need you to root double hard since I can't be there. 

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

I know.  How in the blue hell am I supposed to try it?  Lol.  I'm not hungry BEFORE the game.  :D

How are you not hungry before it?  I make sure not to eat all day until I can get to the Moose before games.