Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

35 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Turner will play Friday at every game if it’s his choice, as for Richlands being a better team , I believe they are but Union has found their O again, so many weapons that you cannot key on one man, Travis doesn’t have to hit a home run every play, he will settle for 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Richlands will not kick to Mitchell and they will give up field position because of it

No High School team should kick to Mitchell. Doesn't take a very smart Coach to figure that out. Forrest didn't mean to kick it to him in the first game. Mance for sure didn't want that. 

3 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Any chance Justice plays???or is that top secret? 

I don't mean this to be offensive towards him but I'm not sure why Richlands would want him to play? Richlands linebackers have been very good and their front 7 have been one of the best in the area altogether. He hasn't had enough recovery time and I'm sure he can't be conditioned since he hasn't played in 3 months. If he was a home run threat on offense I get why you'd want to rush him out there but I wouldn't risk rushin him in such a big game when they really haven't needed him all season. 

8 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I don't mean this to be offensive towards him but I'm not sure why Richlands would want him to play? Richlands linebackers have been very good and their front 7 have been one of the best in the area altogether. He hasn't had enough recovery time and I'm sure he can't be conditioned since he hasn't played in 3 months. If he was a home run threat on offense I get why you'd want to rush him out there but I wouldn't risk rushin him in such a big game when they really haven't needed him all season. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

And that was way before we had things figured out, in my opinion

I'm thinking Union may see a little different defense this time around than than saw in game 2 of the season.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

And yet Union rushed for 300 yards on Richlands and held Blues under 100 yards. I don't think there's any dispute which team has best defense. 

That is true but they had 6 starters out

5 minutes ago, T52OS said:

That's true, but I look at the strength of each schedule. My opinion is there is a huge difference. We'll see soon!!

Union has played some pretty good teams too. Not quite the gauntlet Richlands faced, but Morristown West, @Abingdon and John Battle aren't terrible. I'd argue MW would have been Richlands fourth toughest game if they swapped Union for MW, and Abingdon is about equal with VHS/Marion, with VHS beating them by one point.

But yeah, Central, GC, Letcher, JIB being down really didn't help Union much. 

I think it'll be a very close game, but I do believe Union will have the best player on the field (probably the two best players on field, Mitchell and Stidham) and the better defense. With Richlands struggles on offense, I hope Union can score a couple times and hang on for a close win.

1 hour ago, BLUE59 said:

That is true but they had 6 starters out

Here we go, why are you even saying this?who was out ? So since they came back you are perfect right? Your 4-6 your lucky Lee lost. You may win but don’t bring out “if so and so wasn’t hurt” , Well if we had Bailey Turner back....see how stupid that sounds. Play what you have

44 minutes ago, EH31 said:

6 starters out on defense in the second game of the season and this is the first we're hearing about it? Mance is going to have to do a better job of releasing his injury reports in a timely fashion 

Did not say 6 out on defense 

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!! Union has the best team they have had since consolidation hands down. I hate to go against my local team but Union is notorious for laying a egg and it hasn’t happened yet. That being said (I hope I’m wrong) this is the week they do. 

Richlands 24 Union 21 in triple OT

Just now, Union's hammer said:

What he really means about 6 out is they got 6 new recruits that where not eligible yet. Just poking the bear now don't get mad.

Yeah heard Devon Johnson has 1 more year of eligibility left in Virginia since he played his freshman year in  West Virginia. Came back for some cooking classes after hours. Will be playing RB AND MLB.

53 minutes ago, BLUE59 said:

Did not say 6 out on defense 

I bet you eat crayons too thinking they are ice cream, did you even come to the last game? Please let me meet you at the game because I don’t think you are real because no one can be that foolish

33 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Yeah heard Devon Johnson has 1 more year of eligibility left in Virginia since he played his freshman year in  West Virginia. Came back for some cooking classes after hours. Will be playing RB AND MLB.

I would hate that I meet him after he beat union at the park very fine young man that's for sure. Class act.

25 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

I hope everyone picks against the Bears. Keep them motivated. Richlands is a team everyone was worried about playing. Union is the team no one wants to play. Bring on the doubt my friends. 

I hope Richlands wins, a big upset happens in region C, and Graham keeps winning and gets 4 home playoff games so that Tazewell County has to write the city of Bluefield a check for an extra $20,000 to completely fulfill that awesome contract! 

2 hours ago, BearDawg said:

I hope everyone picks against the Bears. Keep them motivated. Richlands is a team everyone was worried about playing. Union is the team no one wants to play. Bring on the doubt my friends. 

I'm going to go ahead and pick against the Bears......against Appomattox in game 4.  Giles may pull something off against Appomattox in that region, but it's unlikely.  Union is going to likely face that brick-wall and run into Appomattox.  The outcome will be the same as last year with the Bears in defeat, but it won't be a 40 something to zilch thrashing, but it will be an easy respectable win for Appomattox, even if it's at Big Stone Gap.  Against Richlands, I think the Bears beat em up pretty good.