Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

1 minute ago, T52OS said:

One other thing jarhead I might add. I looked at picture that #43 might have got his hand on ball on FG that would have sent to OT. 

Not might have. He DID. 

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/BlueTornadoLive/status/929197693490020352

Here's a pic: 

https://twitter.com/barberdi/status/929375723873361920

He 100% tipped it at the line. 

1 hour ago, Suit Up said:

And Richlands doesn’t have a guy named James Mitchell on their team. Rumor has it, he’s an alright ball player.

If by ball, you mean football, he's incredible. If by ball, you mean basketball, he's very good, but he's no Mac. 

Just now, TTownTigers said:

If by ball, you mean football, he's incredible. If by ball, you mean basketball, he's very good, but he's no Mac. 

Yes, we all know Mac is the best basketball player west of Roanoke (that isn't playing at Oak Hill or Mt. Mission). We know. Trust me, we know. 

50 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Not might have. He DID. 

Here's the video:

https://twitter.com/BlueTornadoLive/status/929197693490020352

Here's a pic: 

https://twitter.com/barberdi/status/929375723873361920

He 100% tipped it at the line. 

My son said we didn’t NOT tip the ball. And that pic isn’t very good angle. No depth perception. Not sure what it matters though. Missed kick or tipped. Same end result.

Great sportsmanship displayed by both teams btw. 

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

I don't guess jarhead you wanted anyone to know that #43 DE was a transfer from Lee. Also another player from Wise . I always found it helpful to look at my on actions before I stone someone else.

You are right. Union did get a transfer from Wise. MY SON. He’s always wanted to go to Union. Things finally worked out for him to transfer back in feb. not that it’s any of your business. Not every transfer is a sports related one. So before you run your mouth, check your facts. If you want any more of the story, I’ll be glad to talk to you about it. I’m from Appy. My mom works at Union. Our family is there. He is were he belongs. If that bothers you, don’t come to our games. 

2 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

You are right. Union did get a transfer from Wise. MY SON. He’s always wanted to go to Union. Things finally worked out for him to transfer back in feb. not that it’s any of your business. Not every transfer is a sports related one. So before you run your mouth, check your facts. If you want any more of the story, I’ll be glad to talk to you about it. I’m from Appy. My mom works at Union. Our family is there. He is were he belongs. If that bothers you, don’t come to our games. 

I don't care where your son came from he probably didn't even play. Wasn't talking to you anyway. Did you not notice  I was addressing jarhead all for fun remarks.

23 minutes ago, T52OS said:

I don't care where your son came from he probably didn't even play. Wasn't talking to you anyway. Did you not notice  I was addressing jarhead all for fun remarks.

I believe he is saying 43 is his son. And trust me, Union didn't have to recruit him. He wanted to be at Union. Lee's coaches for some reason never gave him a shot. And he's more than proved he'd start for any team in Region D. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I believe he is saying 43 is his son. And trust me, Union didn't have to recruit him. He wanted to be at Union. Lee's coaches for some reason never gave him a shot. And he's more than proved he'd start for any team in Region D. 

Good for him. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Wanted to say to the Union team, Coaches and fans. GREAT game! I was really thinking with three minutes to go that we might just pull it out. Then Big time players make Big time plays when it has to happen. I was heart broken but not shocked when Mitchell done his thing.

Very impressed and happy to see the Union players consoling our young men after the game. Everything was left on the field by both teams and the better team won. 

Good luck moving forward. You guys have earned it.

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

He is referring to another player....43 is not his son and 43 did transfer but from Lee Co. not Wise. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yes, we all know Mac is the best basketball player west of Roanoke (that isn't playing at Oak Hill or Mt. Mission). We know. Trust me, we know. 

Good, glad you know.  Also, glad you remember in case your "we" comment doesn't represent every poster or every basketball fan in SWVA of which you intended it to.  Glad that "we" know.

2 hours ago, T52OS said:

One more thing jarhead . Just so happened I stood in line with #43 mother. More transfer's coming from Lee next year. Just all in fun brother right! Go G-Men!!

At  least ours don’t have to change their drivers license from WV to Va hahahaha

1 hour ago, BlueRazor said:

This is a sad post. Your name says it all...

Thanks !!!!we Marines love the name jarhead, as for the post if it offended you or anyone from Richlands or West Va , please except my apologies, it was meant to show that these athletes could stay in state , like Justice , but they come to Richlands to play football, and the homeless comment was to show how fortunate they are to move or find relatives located in Richlands. Yes we picked up some “transfers” too but everyone knows that Richlands has more of these athletes than any other schools. Again thank you for giving me the forum to explain to the ignorant about the Marine Corps names and traditions, next week we will cover “Devil Dog”

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

He was only defensive player of the week for his team last year before a broken neck ended his season. But he came back. Not the same. But still more of a ball player than you probably ever was. That kind of injury will change the way a kid plays. But I hope we meet someday prick. If you “think” we are rude, then I’ll show you a special kind of crazy for talking about my kid. So consider yourself advised douche. Truth be told, your the kid who never put the pads on because you were too afraid. Of you quit when consolidation struck and couldn’t handle having to work for a position. Or your a daddy’s boy and never had to work for anything. 

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Thanks !!!!we Marines love the name jarhead, as for the post if it offended you or anyone from Richlands or West Va , please except my apologies, it was meant to show that these athletes could stay in state , like Justice , but they come to Richlands to play football, and the homeless comment was to show how fortunate they are to move or find relatives located in Richlands. Yes we picked up some “transfers” too but everyone knows that Richlands has more of these athletes than any other schools. Again thank you for giving me the forum to explain to the ignorant about the Marine Corps names and traditions, next week we will cover “Devil Dog”

Of course I didn't like the poor taste in humor like that but I ABSOLUTELY THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE FOR OUR COUNTRY. Thank you and all who have served and are now serving...much respect Sir.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Why in the hell would you assume basketball in that context?

I don't know, maybe due to patterns. The patterns are, Mitchell is absolutely one heck of a Hoops player. He's college material. More of the same, expect Tazewell to have a losing season year in and year out. Like I say, patterns man....patterns. The poster wrote the word "ball" and when you are great at basketball like GC, it can come off that way. Mitchell is a great Hoops player, not just a great football player.

players make great plays and bad plays according to their ability, both mentally and physically. Some step up, some step back. Coach them up and send them out on the field to do their best. I wish every game was decided by less than a touchdown. Looked to me like the best 2 defenses in the region had a slugfest.  In a perfect world, these 2 meet in region finals.  Good luck in the future to both proud programs.

57 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

I don't know, maybe due to patterns. The patterns are, Mitchell is absolutely one heck of a Hoops player. He's college material. More of the same, expect Tazewell to have a losing season year in and year out. Like I say, patterns man....patterns. The poster wrote the word "ball" and when you are great at basketball like GC, it can come off that way. Mitchell is a great Hoops player, not just a great football player.

The pattern of this entire thread was football? Keep Grasping at your straws 

Union's "#43" was just a freshman last year at Lee, correct?  They had a couple of really good backers and rb's, including Rasnic, playing ahead.  Seem to recall hearing his name a good bit last season even so.  Heard a lot of people saying positive things.