Union vs. Richlands rematch

trumpet1988

38 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I'm not sure, but I have been told that if a student lives in the same county and chooses to switch schools, its okay as long as they have transportation to and from school.  Can anyone tell me if that is correct.

In many counties, a kid can choose their school to begin their eligibility beginning in 9th grade, but once they begin at one school, transfer rules apply if they choose to go to another county school...same as any other place they might would transfer.

36 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

In many counties, a kid can choose their school to begin their eligibility beginning in 9th grade, but once they begin at one school, transfer rules apply if they choose to go to another county school...same as any other place they might would transfer.

Thanks, you've answered my question.

13 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

For your info, I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather.  I graduated in Richlands in 72, UK in 76, and have attended high school football games for over 50yrs.  How long have you been a fan? Oh, by the way, explain to me what you viewed wrong with what I posted.

OK.....so you are old enough to buy beer....just too old and feeble to lift the mug from the bar!

6 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

But he played football too didnt he.  Or should I say "they".  

2 did, only one saw significant PT if I recall...but that wasn't the main reason any of those kids transferred...more of a by-product. My point was that although we usually think of kids transferring in for football, that wasn't the target sport in this case. I'm sure you remember that situation. Situations like that turn into a huge headache.

2 hours ago, Suit Up said:

Reading about the Giles train horn made me remember something. Does anyone know why Richlands didn’t bring the inflatable helmet Friday night?

Just guessing here , but hearing the Richlands folks talk about Mance and his superstitions , he left it at home along with white helmets etc. just a theory not offered as truth, just like Turner hates the travel white on white

On 11/13/2017 at 8:54 AM, 99Bama said:

Can you please tell me which "transfer" was recognized at the "highest" level because of Richlands? 

I think what Greg Mance has been able to accomplish is great for all the kids in our area.  It does get old hearing many Richlands fans, coaches, family members, etc. Say that going to Richlands you are punching your ticket to a D1 school. 

Can someone kill this thread so we dont have to hear how great this Richlands team that didnt win a playoff game was?

Exactly how many Richlands' players have gone to D1 schools to play football? I'd like to know the % ? Actually, how many go to D2 schools to play? Curious is all.