Marion at Virginia High Part 2

Canes00

If it was in Marion I’d go with the Canes. I think it’ll be a game similar to the first matchup but maybe a bit more scoring. I’ll say Va High by a td. But if Marion plays to their potential, it could just as easy go the other way. Both teams have been playing really good ball despite them both losing a couple in the recent weeks.

5 hours ago, Suit Up said:

If it was in Marion I’d go with the Canes. I think it’ll be a game similar to the first matchup but maybe a bit more scoring. I’ll say Va High by a td. But if Marion plays to their potential, it could just as easy go the other way. Both teams have been playing really good ball despite them both losing a couple in the recent weeks.

Our offense has stumbled as of late. We've been held under 14 pts in 3 of the last 4 games with 6 turnovers in 2 of those low scoring games. We've had to rely on our defense as of late but that is tough when your offense constantly underperforms.

I'm going to go with home field advantage in this one with the hopes that the coaching staff gets our offense back on track. 

Either way, I expect another classic. Good luck to the Canes!

VHS - 27

Marion - 21

10 hours ago, vols4life said:

Somebody doesn't wanna play us??

10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think this stems from Canes00 eluding to Ridgeview not being what their record says or something to that effect. 

Yes... Canes00 said he was pulling for Grayson in the Grayson/Ridgeview thread, so I thought I would poke a playful jab back and say I hope VHS wins by 3+ scores.

In all honesty, I don't care who wins this game, because we're most likely not playing either anyway as the only way that's possible is for the regional championship.

Va High better be on their A game.  Beating a team twice in one season is tough.  Beating a team twice in a matter of a few weeks has got be way tougher task.  I'm sure Marion is looking for revenge and will come out ready to play.  Va High will have to clean up the turnovers and mental mistakes from the last few weeks.

This one is a close one.  Could go either way

VHS   24

MHS  23

For what I would imagine was a combination of factors, Marion looked like a different team from halftime against Richlands to halftime against Graham, and quite frankly, it wasn't a very good football team. During the second half against Graham, they looked like the team that Marion folks expected to see; energetic, physical, and disciplined. If they perform the way that they have through the majority of the season, they'll move on to the second round, if they play the same way they did the first time they met the Bearcats, it will have the same result. VA High is far too talented to not give 100% against.

I'm thinking the focus carries over from the match up with the G-Men, and I'll go with Marion 28-21.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:25 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Yes... Canes00 said he was pulling for Grayson in the Grayson/Ridgeview thread, so I thought I would poke a playful jab back and say I hope VHS wins by 3+ scores.

In all honesty, I don't care who wins this game, because we're most likely not playing either anyway as the only way that's possible is for the regional championship.

Grayson is very dangerous..2 hottest teams right now..Grayson and Richlands

15 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Good luck again to the Canes! To the Canes' fans, travel safe and dress warm. It's gonna be colder than a well diggers' *** tonight! 

Here's to another competitive, injury-free classic! 

There's no better place to be on a cold Friday night in November than a high school football playoff game?

I have always wondered just how cold is a well diggers'"*** and along with that, how cold is a witches tit, or how cold does it really have to get to freeze the balls off a brass monkey?

With all that said, best of luck to you guys tonight, and hope to see Richlands & VH rerun next week.

41 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I have always wondered just how cold is a well diggers'"*** and along with that, how cold is a witches tit, or how cold does it really have to get to freeze the balls off a brass monkey?

With all that said, best of luck to you guys tonight, and hope to see Richlands & VH rerun next week.

To be honest with you, I have always wondered that myself lol.

It was one of my dad's favorite sayings when I was growing up. I heard all of those you mentioned, more times than I can count?

Good luck to you guys as well. I imagine BSG will be rocking, tonight! 

I would definitely like to see a rematch. If it does happen, our schedule in a 4 game span would be Marion, Richlands, Marion, Richlands. I bet that hasn't happened very often!

7 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Congrats to the Canes! They wanted it more. Thanks again to another team and coaching staff showing great sportsmanship to my son after the game. He's seems to have earned the respect of every opponent he played against this year. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!

Thanks and congrats on a good season