Grayson co. Vs Ridgeview

cwood78

4 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I think RV will end up winning due to home field and a little bit of a better team. Grayson will give them everything they want though and it wouldn't surprise me to see an upset. 

RV - 34

Grayson County - 30

I'm pulling for Grayson in this one and they've got a great chance to win. They have a physical defense and will keep Ridgeviews offense on the sideline with the slow pace offense they run. This is going to be a good one

4 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

I'm pulling for Grayson in this one and they've got a great chance to win. They have a physical defense and will keep Ridgeviews offense on the sideline with the slow pace offense they run. This is going to be a good one

I have no preference on a winner. Everything in me wants to take Grayson due to everything you just said. Beating Galax says a lot. I just couldn't go against the pack at home

I hope Ridgeview wins.  It's going to be a close game because Galax was rolling and beat Fort Chiswell about as bad as Graham did, and later on, Grayson beats Galax, so Grayson has to be pretty good, but I know Ridgeview is also having seen them.  I give the home team the edge and think Ridgeview wins it close.  I also think Ridgeview is a better matchup for Graham than Grayson.  Ridgeview is a bit more powerful and will be able to kill a little more clock against Graham and make it closer than what Grayson can.  Grayson has a great D, but it doesn't matter.  Graham's going to get 21 points from sheer athleticism and speed alone, even if they have not one sustained drive down the field, and Grayson will not be able to move the ball on Graham.  I got Ridgeview winning it closely, and they are a slightly better matchup for Graham in my opinion than Grayson is. 

While Grayson is rolling, you just never know how RV will match up with them. And it's hard to do it basing off other games. Graham killed VHS and Marion only lost to Graham by 8 so therefore Marion should've beaten VHS decisively right? Nope. Just like if Ridgeview beats Grayson, it doesn't mean that they would beat Galax. You just never know how a team will match up. But RV wins in a hard fought battle. 

I've watched the first half of the Grayson/Galax game and Grayson has a good size line. The offense doesn't really do anything fancy they just run right at you between the tackles. They'll run about 4 times then try catching you off guard with a pass. QB seems to be pretty accurate when he throws and he can tuck it and run if need be and they have two pretty good receivers that will be hard to cover one on one. Defense looks to be very physical inside but there weakness shows on the edges. Their kickoff return team is pretty good so RV will need to fill their lanes. That's my take on it.

17 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Why does everyone hate Ridgeview?

I am a Graham fan! I do not hate Ridgeview ... nor any other team ... just hoping that Grayson County makes the trip to Bluefield next week IF Graham defeats John Battle this week. 

I will be behind Ridgeview 100% IF they are our regions representative in weeks to come.