Grayson co. Vs Ridgeview

cwood78

23 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Glad the fumble recovery TD was explained.  That's the one I was having the most difficulty understanding because I thought false start was what they called.  Like the article said, the confusion and indecisiveness was outrageous.

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

Glad the fumble recovery TD was explained.  That's the one I was having the most difficulty understanding because I thought false start was what they called.  Like the article said, the confusion and indecisiveness was outrageous.

The article didn't paint a pretty picture, and when the commissioner of the officiating league is even criticizing their performance, had to of been bad.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

The article didn't paint a pretty picture, and when the commissioner of the officiating league is even criticizing their performance, had to of been bad.

Doesn't the White Hat have the final say in disputed calls, and if so why should there be these long discussions?  In my opinion, the White Hat for this game needs to get some gonads about him, make the call, own it and move on.  Sounds simple, but anytime you have these long discussions it causes fans to question your ability to be officiating in the first place.  Hate to hear about the controversy on this level, not good for the game no matter which teams are playing.

6 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Doesn't the White Hat have the final say in disputed calls, and if so why should there be these long discussions?  In my opinion, the White Hat for this game needs to get some gonads about him, make the call, own it and move on.  Sounds simple, but anytime you have these long discussions it causes fans to question your ability to be officiating in the first place.  Hate to hear about the controversy on this level, not good for the game no matter which teams are playing.

These guys are human after all, and I guess when it comes to the playoffs they want to get each call as correct as possible. Sometimes that may require a conference when nobody has a clear angle. Maybe they should have a firm time limit on these huddles and err on the side of caution. I don't envy the refs whatsoever.

These guys are human after all, and I guess when it comes to the playoffs they want to get each call as correct as possible. Sometimes that may require a conference when nobody has a clear angle. Maybe they should have a firm time limit on these huddles and err on the side of caution. I don't envy the refs whatsoever.

I have umped little league baseball and I fully understand what they are up against, but from experience, the longer the discussion, the more riled up the crowd becomes.  The worst thing from my experience was the little league mothers, man you would think it was the world series, with stress levels through the roof.  I'm glad I don't take part in that anymore.

7 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I have umped little league baseball and I fully understand what they are up against, but from experience, the longer the discussion, the more riled up the crowd becomes.  The worst thing from my experience was the little league mothers, man you would think it was the world series, with stress levels through the roof.  I'm glad I don't take part in that anymore.

No doubt. I've been to a little league tournament where the police were called. Those mamas be like "Dat's my baby....don't you be hurtin my baby....that ain't fair to my baby."  haha

No doubt. I've been to a little league tournament where the police were called. Those mamas be like "Dat's my baby....don't you be hurtin my baby....that ain't fair to my baby."  haha

Yeah, I had one mother yeah, "I know where you live." Heck, everyone at the game knew where I lived.  Your correct about the mamas, you would think you had stolen the kids favorite teddy bear.

Funny story about "little league mama's".  I was helping the Galax Recreation Center a few years ago referee some 8-man football.  One of the coaches, who happens to be in administration in the Galax Public School system, grabbed a 3rd grade kid by the facemask and started jerking the kid around while screaming at him for going downfield, rather than blocking.

Mama, in full Army BDU's, came running onto the field and teed off on the "coach".  She beat the tar out of him.  The other guys asked us, "aren't you going to help him".  

Nope, i'm not getting between mama bear and her cubs!

4 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Doesn't the White Hat have the final say in disputed calls, and if so why should there be these long discussions?  In my opinion, the White Hat for this game needs to get some gonads about him, make the call, own it and move on.  

That's what should have happened but didn't. The long conferences only add to the feeling of "these guys don't have a clue" .   1-2 conferences, no big deal. 6-10 big deal imo

20 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

BJ is BJ. If anyone on this board has seen BJ ref you will know what I am talking about. This guy is out there literally doing it for the check. He is not interested in reffing games for the kids or for the love of the game. He is curious how fast he can get it over with, get his check, and head back to tazewell. In the end, if crap hits the fan and he has words with fans/coaches he lets his power go straight to his head and begins effing with games. I have literally seen this first hand. This guy does not deserve to ref the few little league games he gets. 

HOT TAKE!