John Battle vs Graham @ Mitchell Stadium

starcityfootballfan

51 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Not being smart but we do have several hold backs. I can think of several on this year's team that were held back at some point. This year's MS team had a few that were held back. I know we have beat this dead horse quite a bit and to be honest it's piss poor that its allowed to happen.

That I did not know and I stand corrected.  Your last sentence is 100% truth, because this never happened in my day.

9 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

That I did not know and I stand corrected.  Your last sentence is 100% truth, because this never happened in my day.

To it would depend on many things and at what age.young kids can have hyperactivity disorder in grade school and get held back or be dyslexic early on and not diagnosed.we have problems with schools just passing kids on because they have problems that teachers did not want to deal with.for things like this i have no problem. But to just hold a kid back for sports.is wrong. If they have the grades should move forward.

39 minutes ago, G-star said:

And it costs ~$11,000 to educate a child in Tazewell County per year.  If we are allowing this solely for athletics that is piss poor leadership all the way around.

But the state funds per child, right? 

14 hours ago, G-star said:

I refer to “true” sophomores because I get sick of hearing about how young Tazewell is - they are holding whole classes back now.  So the Tazewell team may be underclassmen but not underclassmen aged.  Richlands has always done it as well.  There will always be reasons to start a kid late hold them back etc but for solely athletics is not a guarantee they will be a great athelete.  Check your holdbacks from recent years in Tazewell County where are they now?

Look for Graham's QB to HOLD nothing BACK today as he runs and passes all over John Battle. No college is HOLDING BACK from recruiting the very talented WR at Graham and today he shows everybody why. Graham rolls 47-14. And the two Bluefield schools continue to march towards state championships.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I don't have anyone in particular in mind to be honest was just sharing my thoughts no need to use all CAPS. I never said I was "unhappy" . Graham has had a good season, shown great improvement since the Bluefield game but still has some weaknesses.  Hopefully, crowned Region Champs. If they end up playing Union, could be their toughest game so far. 

Just about every team has weaknesses out there. That's what coaching at this time of year is about, finding them in the other team and showing them to your team to exploit them. Just because you didn't see adjustments for the Richlands game doesn't mean they need another coach in there somewhere. Graham has a great team of players and coaches and they'll do just fine. 

3 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

Just about every team has weaknesses out there. That's what coaching at this time of year is about, finding them in the other team and showing them to your team to exploit them. Just because you didn't see adjustments for the Richlands game doesn't mean they need another coach in there somewhere. Graham has a great team of players and coaches and they'll do just fine. 

Nobody said they wouldn't be fine, I predicted they would win today by 4+ TDs and so far so good. If they meet Appo down the road, yes, I'm worried.