Episode 12 Podcast Questions

rvtne216

1. Similar to Unionguy_2017 on a neutral field who would win between 2016 Appomattox and 2017 Blacksburg? Since you and Brady have seen many Blacksburg games.

2. Brady, was you at B-dubs last Friday in all Tech attire? I was going to come introduce myself but didn't want to look like a fool if it was not you!

9 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

vhsl-ref says Appo by 13. Also says Appo by 13 for the 06 Richlands team. 

06 Richlands team would have the best chance of winning.  That team had so much drive and desire.  They played like they were on a mission behind enemy lines on every play of every game, and with their players I think Mance would find a way of beating Appo 2016.

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Get your head out of the iPhone X for one second and you can take the world in around you.  Lol

I haven't been buried in it as much as I had anticipated. It's amazing, but it's also so functional that it was a breeze to learn and I just picked up where I left off with my 6S+. My head is buried in 9 separate projects, and none of them are my senior year of classes. 

1. What is Mance's biggest flaw? What is the biggest coaching mistake that you have seen by him in your opinion?

2. What 2 schools in SWVA do you think should consolidate?

3. After this season, who in SWVA 2A do you think has the best chance of winning a State Title in the next 3 years?

Not really a question for our area, but I think a good one. Do you think the success Appomattox has had in the past will continue into a dynasty of the likes of a Gate City or Appalachia and Powell Valley in the past or do they fall back to mediocrity when the ridiculous talent they’ve had starts to graduate?

Which top 4 seed has the best chance of getting upset this week in 2D?

Who wins Richlands 1992 vs 2006 and 1992 vs 2010?

If/when Tazewell County consolidates its 3 high schools, do they make one big school or split it into 2 schools?

If Richlands pulls the upset this week, how shocked will everyone be?

In today's "Win now, or else" sports world, how long should a new high school football coach be given to turn a struggling program around in a smaller classification like 1A or 2A?

Does this differ from the length of time a high school coach should get in a bigger classification like 5A or 6A, where there are more athletes to chose from?

Should the amount of time a high school coach gets differ from college or the pros? If so, why?

Richlands and Union are accustomed to playing during the hot, humid days of early September. Will the cold weather expected Friday give it the same Union/Richlands feel?

Along the cold weather lines, since this will be by far the coldest game night of the year, what team will be most affected by the sudden temperature change?

Is Grayson Co capable of upsetting Ridgeview? Will they be distracted by the enormity of Ridgeview's campus?

What is the best team to miss the playoffs, any division/region?

What is the worst team to make the playoffs, any division/region?

Is the 5 game playoff too long? Do players relish the extra week and wish for more, or are they ready for it to be over by then?

3 hours ago, WaveFan09 said:

Most intriguing matchup in 1D? Does Grundy have a realistic chance to represent in the semis?

Didn’t see this in time, but we pretty much answer both questions anyways. The answers are in there somewhere lol.