Gate City Football

Leatherhead Larry

5 hours ago, who? said:

Heard from a few people around Lynchburg that Akers has applied for multiple teaching and coaching positions in and around the area....maybe he smarter than GC folks give him credit for

I think the GC folks, boosters, fans, and alums are a bit smarter than folks outside of Gate City give them credit for, including some on this board. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, who? said:

Heard from a few people around Lynchburg that Akers has applied for multiple teaching and coaching positions in and around the area....maybe he smarter than GC folks give him credit for

Not sure it is about being "smarter". Pretty sure it is about seeing the writing on the wall.

I was under the impression that VA High was his dream job. Guess their success this year makes it less likely they will have an opening.

• 1 month later...

On 12/23/2017 at 9:25 PM, SWVAgridiron said:

He’s there to stay!

Sad sad day for Big Blue Nation if this is true. I'll be surprised if they have enough kids come out to field a team. On another note, will definitely be easy to find a seat when the Big Blue faithful come to Legion Field. 

2 hours ago, whatamess said:

Sad sad day for Big Blue Nation if this is true. I'll be surprised if they have enough kids come out to field a team. On another note, will definitely be easy to find a seat when the Big Blue faithful come to Legion Field. 

I wouldn't count on th additional seating at Legion. As a stop gap until Akers is fired we are installing basketball goals in the end zone areas for the GC B-ball team to dunk on between plays and at halftime. I think we'll still draw a good crowd. 

My source says the goals will be removed when Football returns to prominence in 2021.