Union vs. Marion

trumpet1988

I stated before on this thread and I'll say it again.  Union rolls.  Despite Richlands (which is a rivalry game and that makes it unpredictable) Union has handled everyone else they played this year.  MTW we lost 5 or maybe six 6 turnovers and still won against a school twice our size. That and we have the most physical defense I've seen in years. I think Union wins by two scores

1 hour ago, PV2VT said:

I stated before on this thread and I'll say it again.  Union rolls.  Despite Richlands (which is a rivalry game and that makes it unpredictable) Union has handled everyone else they played this year.  MTW we lost 5 or maybe six 6 turnovers and still won against a school twice our size. That and we have the most physical defense I've seen in years. I think Union wins by two scores

2 scores isn't what I call rolling anyone 

Lets just call it now, there will be no easy games for any of the teams from here on out.Anyone of the top seats can be handed a loss. GILES has the 2 time defending state champion to deal with and all roads that lead to Salem go through APPOMATTOX, so you might as well play them now before they get another game under their belt

4 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

Open up the offense

It's hard to open the playbook when Travis had a guy in a black trench coach standing behind him taking pics of his plays against Richlands. And yes the AD Mr. Goforth even went and confronted the guy about it after he was caught and tried to hide.

4 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

It's hard to open the playbook when Travis had a guy in a black trench coach standing behind him taking pics of his plays against Richlands. And yes the AD Mr. Goforth even went and confronted the guy about it after he was caught and tried to hide.

I’m glad someone else caught that other than me. It happened on my end of the field.  Very strange situation. The guy obviously said or did something to get Travis fired up and he had him ran off. Even confronted the official about it.  I’ve never seen the man before so he obviously wasn’t a local guy. 

Just now, GoBearsGo said:

I’m glad someone else caught that other than me. It happened on my end of the field.  Very strange situation. The guy obviously said or did something to get Travis fired up and he had him ran off. Even confronted the official about it.  I’ve never seen the man before so he obviously wasn’t a local guy. 

I thought it was ironic situation anyways when I first seen the guy because really, how many people do you honestly see wear trench coats anymore? Not judging, just saying. He goes and stands right behind Travis while he's looking at his laminated sheet around his neck with the plays and pulls his camera up, Travis notices him, runs him off, and then told the officials. I seen him go around and try to hide behind the richlands sideline. The officials confront the county police about it (I'm assuming) because they walked that way as well. And shortly after, Mr. Goforth walks over and has words with the guy. 

This is going down in the history books folks! If you think you know football, this is one of those games that might just prove you wrong! This may not come down to the best personnel, or the best game plan. This one may come down to heart, and home field advantage! 

Union 14-13

14 hours ago, Canes00 said:

Marion pass defense is the weakness but they had a good week against the bearcats. The front 7 is good and can get after the QB and I've told other Canes fans all year a team that can throw the ball consistently all game will be this teams downfall. Virginia High 2 weeks ago had 2 big pass plays other than that they didn't do much. 

And Union's weakness is throwing the ball. I think Union controls the LOS though. And gradually wears Marion down.

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

I thought it was ironic situation anyways when I first seen the guy because really, how many people do you honestly see wear trench coats anymore? Not judging, just saying. He goes and stands right behind Travis while he's looking at his laminated sheet around his neck with the plays and pulls his camera up, Travis notices him, runs him off, and then told the officials. I seen him go around and try to hide behind the richlands sideline. The officials confront the county police about it (I'm assuming) because they walked that way as well. And shortly after, Mr. Goforth walks over and has words with the guy. 

Hmmmm. A spy from Richlands on the Union sideline?

15 minutes ago, RJ7 said:

Hmmmm. A spy from Richlands on the Union sideline?

6 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Total non-sense.  Why would Richlands or Union need anyone to spy for them, they both know each other so well, could have been someone from Graham, their drum line wears trench coats.

I highly doubt it was a Richlands person. I went back over some pics and video I took of the game. Pretty sure this is the guy that Turner and the ref ran off the field. Someone can correct me if it's not the same guy.

TrenchCoatGuy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I highly doubt it was a Richlands person. I went back over some pics and video I took of the game. Pretty sure this is the guy that Turner and the ref ran off the field. Someone can correct me if it's not the same guy.

TrenchCoatGuy.jpg

I actually think it was the other guy that was wearing a trench coat and holding a camera! 

Lol it is odd seeing someone wearing that in 2017.

9 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

TrenchCoatGuy.jpg

Hmmmm. Why would he try to take pics of Turner's play sheet?  And why would he be allowed on the sideline in the first place.

I thought you had to have a sideline pass to be there. Looks like he's in confined area where coaches and players are. That

could be a really dangerous situation. Looks like he's in disguise.

Just now, RJ7 said:

Hmmmm. Why would he try to take pics of Turner's play sheet?  And why would he be allowed on the sideline in the first place.

I thought you had to have a sideline pass to be there. Looks like he's in confined area where coaches and players are. That

could be a really dangerous situation. Looks like he's in disguise.

There's only a rope across the track between the edge of the fence and the stands. As many people that are already down there, one more would never be noticed at first. Definitely shady.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

There's only a rope across the track between the edge of the fence and the stands. As many people that are already down there, one more would never be noticed at first. Definitely shady.

This guy should be looked into as a safety precaution. You don't need a troll on the sideline.

40 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

TrenchCoatGuy.jpg

That’s the guy. He came in right before kickoff. It was fairly early in the game when Turner had him removed. Like someone said above, Union has way to many people hanging out on the sidelines any way, but this guy stood out as being out of place. We have a few amateur photographers that take pics and post for parents etc but this guy was not a local. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

TrenchCoatGuy.jpg

This was so weird. It happened right in front of me. When Turner called him out I'm 99% sure he didn't say a word. He just turned around and slowly walked away, went under the rope and I never saw him again. 

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Total non-sense.  Why would Richlands or Union need anyone to spy for them, they both know each other so well, could have been someone from Graham, their drum line wears trench coats.

24 minutes ago, barondawg77 said:

He’s at very richlands game I’ve been too. Someone from richlands can name that guy for sure. He was taking pictures of Tazewell warmups this year. Not sure what his reasoning was, but that’s what he was doing.

Busted