Union vs. Marion

trumpet1988

Guys I gotta admit that’s shady AF. Even if he wasn’t trying to gather info or anything, why be on our sideline? Why get so close to the HC and play callers? It looks bad, if nothing else. I dunno what happened. I just know that’s the same dude in the pic from the one posted earlier. Zero doubts now. I’m not accusing the Blues staff of anything at all. But that dude had no business on our sideline  near the huddles and close enough to hear play calls if he’s such a big supporter for the Blues. 

FTR, I blame the Park and the staff for not having better security.  Gotta have someone there to make sure people on the sidelines belong. Lord knows we bring enough anyway, need to assign one of the thousand adults down there to check passes and such 

On 11/13/2017 at 12:19 PM, barondawg77 said:

He’s at very richlands game I’ve been too. Someone from richlands can name that guy for sure. He was taking pictures of Tazewell warmups this year. Not sure what his reasoning was, but that’s what he was doing.

He was on the Graham sideline during the Richlands game, too.

17 hours ago, ojrussell said:

I bet it was  a Graham Dude . i have no respect them. They had players from Bluefield  Beavers long before RHS  had any fb player transfers

He isn't from Graham.  I can promise you that.  And we don't have any respect for Richlands either...just sayin'...

48 minutes ago, Val said:

That's Sam Barnett he was a barber from Richlands  cut my hair for several years.

He cut my hair for years also, but I don't think that is him, I could be wrong, and if I am apologize, (been wrong before) , but if it is him, I can assure you that he was not spying on Union.  Look at it this way, he is a great guy, but if you were having someone spy on the opposing team, wouldn't you want someone with a lot more football knowledge than a local barber who takes pictures on the side, come on it just don't make sense.  Most press people move around from side to side to get the best view of the filed, and maybe that's what he was doing, but if you think he was spying, to what avail, Union won.  I can not account for his actions at that game, but I can say in my opinion you have nothing to worry about, he may be a photographer, but he is no spy.

42 minutes ago, GMan said:

He isn't from Graham.  I can promise you that.  And we don't have any respect for Richlands either...just sayin'...

Don't think anyone from Richlands has any respect for you either, that's why we pull for two teams each week; Richlands and the team that is playing Graham.

49 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

He cut my hair for years also, but I don't think that is him, I could be wrong, and if I am apologize, (been wrong before) , but if it is him, I can assure you that he was not spying on Union.  Look at it this way, he is a great guy, but if you were having someone spy on the opposing team, wouldn't you want someone with a lot more football knowledge than a local barber who takes pictures on the side, come on it just don't make sense.  Most press people move around from side to side to get the best view of the filed, and maybe that's what he was doing, but if you think he was spying, to what avail, Union won.  I can not account for his actions at that game, but I can say in my opinion you have nothing to worry about, he may be a photographer, but he is no spy.

Go look at the pic I posted, the face is identical to the face shown in BBurg game pic. 

I'm not accusing RHS of being in the wrong, but it just looks bad, having someone from the other side being close enough to hear play calls and adjustments. 

22 hours ago, Suit Up said:

That escalated quickly.. You get busy for a couple days and come back to this chaos.

Hey now wait a second : I left my Uncle  Silas  in charge of the compound  while I was on a trip to  Reno for a little gambling . I never  thought he would  ever  post anything on this forum , but give him beer or 2  he goes bat shit crazy on  high school football. As for me I have no animosity against  the kids who play the game. I am a Blue Tornado , but   I  respect  any and all of the teams we played and lost  to i 2017 !That includes the 4 teams I view as RIVALS -1-Has to Tazewell a lot of History here, but we are up on them in the  modern era -2 has to be Graham  Coach Carlock was a friend, they still have an edge on us , but we are sucking hind tit here-3 The Union Bears, great program, but we are looking forward to see them without Mitchell and at Ernie in 2018.4 Gotta be The Gate City Blue Devils .Never an issue with their kids or fans , a great program down a little.
One negative -The Bluefield Beavers . No problem with their players ,but it is hard to beat them and the Zebras. I hope The Blues schedule Ridge View, Lee or any other Va team -not that it would be an easier schedule just more likely to get unbiased officiating.
This is 

17 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

If he's trying to take pics of a play sheet;he doesn't have to know anything.

16 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Go look at the pic I posted, the face is identical to the face shown in BBurg game pic. 

I'm not accusing RHS of being in the wrong, but it just looks bad, having someone from the other side being close enough to hear play calls and adjustments. 

Spygate 2017

12 hours ago, ojrussell said:

Hey now wait a second : I left my Uncle  Silas  in charge of the compound  while I was on a trip to  Reno for a little gambling . I never  thought he would  ever  post anything on this forum , but give him beer or 2  he goes bat shit crazy on  high school football. As for me I have no animosity against  the kids who play the game. I am a Blue Tornado , but   I  respect  any and all of the teams we played and lost  to i 2017 !That includes the 4 teams I view as RIVALS -1-Has to Tazewell a lot of History here, but we are up on them in the  modern era -2 has to be Graham  Coach Carlock was a friend, they still have an edge on us , but we are sucking hind tit here-3 The Union Bears, great program, but we are looking forward to see them without Mitchell and at Ernie in 2018.4 Gotta be The Gate City Blue Devils .Never an issue with their kids or fans , a great program down a little.
One negative -The Bluefield Beavers . No problem with their players ,but it is hard to beat them and the Zebras. I hope The Blues schedule Ridge View, Lee or any other Va team -not that it would be an easier schedule just more likely to get unbiased officiating.
This is 

This from a school that did not have qualified officials show up at the last game vs. Bluefield and called their retired friends in to officiate. Ejecting a player for cursing when he was kicked in the groin. Clean your own house before pointing fingers.

I don’t see why they wanted a “spy” whomever he was working for, here they are : jet sweep left,right, Mitchell right left up the middle, Zirkle up the middle and a post pass, that’s it folks no mystery and we didn’t even run the single wing set

If you are going to spy in 2017 there are much more clever ways to do it than this. Get a drone and record the whole practice, set up a hidden camera, use trail cams and probably somewhere you could do it with satellites, if they can find Big Stone. Sending a spy walking in is "old school" and outdated. C'mon Man!!! 

No spy needed here, we stop Ford, we win the game. What I have seen of Ford he doesn’t look “Cook” fast but he scores and blocks and tackles very well and catches passes too. The line seems very good also. I say let Kennedy spy Ford when he is lined up in the backfield and let Qualls cover him when he is lined up wide

13 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

No spy needed here, we stop Ford, we win the game. What I have seen of Ford he doesn’t look “Cook” fast but he scores and blocks and tackles very well and catches passes too. The line seems very good also. I say let Kennedy spy Ford when he is lined up in the backfield and let Qualls cover him when he is lined up wide

Marion's thinner QB was a deceptively good runner on the read options vs. Graham. Graham started keying on Ford and the QB made some big runs in the 4th. 

3 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Back on subject.  Marion has more weapons than Ford, but not enough for Union.  Hope its a good game and no injuries.

Is Ford more of a power runner or more speed I haven't seen him play and does Marion throw the ball much.

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I just found some clips of him on maxpreps.  He looked small but Graham had a hard time getting him down.

He's as tough as they come and he's even better on defense flying around from the secondary