Union vs. Marion

trumpet1988

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, GMan said:

He isn't from Graham.  I can promise you that.  And we don't have any respect for Richlands either...just sayin'...

No chance he's from Graham.  I don't see a golden clock on his chest or a set of earplugs or headphones, so he can't be a sidelines visitor.  Just sayin....

10 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

This from a school that did not have qualified officials show up at the last game vs. Bluefield and called their retired friends in to officiate. Ejecting a player for cursing when he was kicked in the groin. Clean your own house before pointing fingers.

Whatgame are you referring to? Last year when we played Bluefield at Ernie the Zebras were there well before  game time and they looked legit. VHSL Patches etc. If a Bluefield player was ejected I didn't see it occur.

3 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

Whatgame are you referring to? Last year when we played Bluefield at Ernie the Zebras were there well before  game time and they looked legit. VHSL Patches etc. If a Bluefield player was ejected I didn't see it occur.

Retired VHSL officials. The explanation was a mix up and the approved crew couldn't show. Bluefield player was ejected during an extra point.

5 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Retired VHSL officials. The explanation was a mix up and the approved crew couldn't show. Bluefield player was ejected during an extra point.

OK -You have info  I first saw here.
truth is i that particular game it was one of the few times we didn't need biased officiating to win the game.
My initial post on this matter was from me, Not  RHS.
In my opinion biased officiating in favor of Bluefield led to your school having to beg for games. Remember the trips you had to make to NC and then I'm not sure that you had 10 regular season games those years.
I realize that most of on this forum are offended when we see  a negative comment about  our school or team.

2 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

OK -You have info  I first saw here.
truth is i that particular game it was one of the few times we didn't need biased officiating to win the game.
My initial post on this matter was from me, Not  RHS.
In my opinion biased officiating in favor of Bluefield led to your school having to beg for games. Remember the trips you had to make to NC and then I'm not sure that you had 10 regular season games those years.
I realize that most of on this forum are offended when we see  a negative comment about  our school or team.

The only school that would not play due to the perception of officiating was Richlands. I understand the officials in 2002 were very rude and made calls Richlands didn't like. We chose to schedule those games because our own local WV schools would not play. Since then other schools farther away in WV will play and it is not a problem.

6 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

The only school that would not play due to the perception of officiating was Richlands. I understand the officials in 2002 were very rude and made calls Richlands didn't like. We chose to schedule those games because our own local WV schools would not play. Since then other schools farther away in WV will play and it is not a problem.

RHS  players  and BHS Players have never had an sportsmanship issue and neither should we. We can still be friends -I would like to meet you at a game if we continue to play next year. I think the contract will have to be renewed for us to continue to meet on the gridiron. The real problem may be that point wise RHS  may get more points by playing Va Schools in our classification.

14 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

RHS  players  and BHS Players have never had an sportsmanship issue and neither should we. We can still be friends -I would like to meet you at a game if we continue to play next year. I think the contract will have to be renewed for us to continue to meet on the gridiron. The real problem may be that point wise RHS  may get more points by playing Va Schools in our classification.

I do P.A. at Bluefield games. Come by anytime. Bluefield gave you more points this year than any 2A school that you lost to except Union and that was the same. Both schools were 10-0.

2 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I do P.A. at Bluefield games. Come by anytime. Bluefield gave you more points this year than any 2A school except Union and that was the same. Both schools were 10-0.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
 If we play next year the game will be at Ernie . If you agree we can arrange for good conversation before the game.
We will loose so many good players this Spring and I'm not sure about our propects are for next year . PLUS -We may loose our Coach as He has hinted at retirement -comparable to Gainer leaving Bluefield ,or Carlock leaving Graham. You guys came out good with Chmara  ,but Graham not so well-althought I know and had no issues with DM.

If we do play next years I can only hope you guys loose a few studs as well . 

7 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Is Ford more of a power runner or more speed I haven't seen him play and does Marion throw the ball much.

It's tough to say. He's a player with a motor that's running. He's fast but not a speedster, and a load to bring down, but not a bull. He's just a player that gives 100% on every snap and refuses to let his legs stop carrying him forward.

If it tells you anything, every running back that Marion has started under Carroll has gone on to play college ball, including starting RBs at E&H and Concord, respectably, but I think Ford has the best shot at being a big time college player. He's too young to qualify for NCAA and will likely have to prep, but I think he has a very good shot at playing D1 as a safety.

Marion vs Union should be a good game. Union probably has the advantage of overall talent, but Marion has the advantage of being one of the best coached teams in SWVA, Imo. We all know about Mitchell, and how he can take control of a game, but Marion's K. Ford is no joke. The kid can play the game. Marion's D will keep them in the game, but I see Union taking control as the game progresses. Union 28 Marion 17. Best of luck to both squads, and we hope no injuries.

12 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

No chance he's from Graham.  I don't see a golden clock on his chest or a set of earplugs or headphones, so he can't be a sidelines visitor.  Just sayin....

And that's the type of post that gets you the hammer...just sayin'...

ban-hammer-gif-11.gif

Out of simple curiosity. Am I the only grown a$$ man who is excited about Friday night being so close yet so far away?! I feel like a kid at Christmas. I honestly think Union will win by two scores but at the same time I think this will be an epic game. the next 30ish hours cant go by fast enough for me!

9 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

Out of simple curiosity. Am I the only grown a$$ man who is excited about Friday night being so close yet so far away?! I feel like a kid at Christmas. I honestly think Union will win by two scores but at the same time I think this will be an epic game. the next 30ish hours cant go by fast enough for me!

Right there with ya. 

17 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

Short answer...no, no you are not. Can't beat Friday nights at The Park!

2 hours ago, PV2VT said:

Count me in too pal. Got butterflies like when I played lol. 

7 hours ago, GMan said:

And that's the type of post that gets you the hammer...just sayin'...

ban-hammer-gif-11.gif

That's got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I wish I was as confident as some of my fellow Bear fans, but I think this will be a hard fought game. My biggest concern isn't Ford running the ball between the tackles, but getting the ball in space along with Marion getting a passing game established.

Hopefully, Union will not be as one dimensional tomorrow night as they were last week. Better weather equals more fans. The Park will be rocking! I'm going with Union 21-14.

I'm worried to death. If Union doesn't come out more diverse and more motivated early this week, it'll be basketball season Saturday. 

I haven't saw a whole Marion game, but from what I've seen, they can possibly hold up at the LOS and then it makes game interesting. Union has cruised when it dominates LOS, when teams have been able to at least stalemate up front, the Union play calling on offense can get stagnant and the play makers struggle. Against a 3-4 defense, maybe the Bears can run more between tackles and gain more yards up the middle but maybe not break off many big plays. The Bears have to sustain drives and finish with points. Can't have as many 3-and outs, it wears out a great defense that is often put in bad spots or expected to play way too much.

Union-14

Marion-13