Union vs. Marion

trumpet1988

Ford likes to bounce things to the outside, a lot of off tackle stuff with the tight end sealing the backers to the inside, if that happens we are in trouble do to Fords size and strength , he also is a very good safety , I would not throw to his side, if we throw . I would stay in the full House backfield all night, and let James run some patterns across the middle to keep their backers from flying up and keep Ford making tackles and not first downs

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Ford likes to bounce things to the outside, a lot of off tackle stuff with the tight end sealing the backers to the inside, if that happens we are in trouble do to Fords size and strength , he also is a very good safety , I would not throw to his side, if we throw . I would stay in the full House backfield all night, and let James run some patterns across the middle to keep their backers from flying up and keep Ford making tackles and not first downs

Ford has got pretty go speed they say! Hard to bring down.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, PV2VT said:

Bears roll! Marion is a solid team but Bullit Park is a harsh environment and the Bears will take care of business at home.  That was proven last night when the very best 8 seed team you'll ever see came to Bullit Park.  I don't think Marion has ever been there (as far back as I can remember late 80s early 90s) but if they have it has been decades. Be prepared for Union to win big this week! 

The Bears don't get up for all teams like they do Richland! This won't be a cake walk.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I wish I was as confident as some of my fellow Bear fans, but I think this will be a hard fought game. My biggest concern isn't Ford running the ball between the tackles, but getting the ball in space along with Marion getting a passing game established.

Hopefully, Union will not be as one dimensional tomorrow night as they were last week. Better weather equals more fans. The Park will be rocking! I'm going with Union 21-14.

Marion will not be a push over! Union may not be as lucky with so many mis-tackles with 2:00 left in fourth quarter 

Richlands and union has been close more often than not. Transitive property rules and comparisons can't be made. Marion is a solid team no doubt. They will be ready to play the bears but union will bring too much talent too many screaming fans and too much Bullit Park magic for Marion to win. I have total faith that union wins. 

28 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

Richlands and union has been close more often than not. Transitive property rules and comparisons can't be made. Marion is a solid team no doubt. They will be ready to play the bears but union will bring too much talent too many screaming fans and too much Bullit Park magic for Marion to win. I have total faith that union wins. 

Hope that James don't go down because all that talent I'm afraid is wrapped up in one player! 

3 hours ago, T52OS said:

Marion will not be a push over! Union may not be as lucky with so many mis-tackles with 2:00 left in fourth quarter 

Was you even there? If so which end zone did he score in ? Scoreboard or flag end......

2 hours ago, T52OS said:

Hope that James don't go down because all that talent I'm afraid is wrapped up in one player! 

Two weeks ago I had never seen a post from you, what does T520S stand for? It seems all you do is bash Union, a team you have never seen, so why do you even bother when you don’t know what you are talking about???I am sure you wil some SA to say but fact is this we are still playing , what is your team doing?

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Was you even there? If so which end zone did he score in ? Scoreboard or flag end......

He's not wrong, Mitchell broke several tackles on his TD run when scoring to the flag end. 

I disagree w him that Mitchell is all the talent, there's talent in a lot of places but he's right about the offense needing to be able to do more.

Simply put Mitchell is a D1 talent but you soon forget about Qualls, Owens, Zirkle, Jenkins, and an O line that has been doing very well. Since week 2 Union hasn't made more than 50 pass attempts. (rough guess, I haven't looked at the exact numbers) so every team has put at least 8 in the box and Union has still managed 200 plus rushing each game. Everybody wants to make the comparison to how we played last week and week 2 against what is considered a "down" richlands team. Guys you cant compare any other game to Union vs Richlands. That has become a rivalry game that both teams come to win. Im not bashing Marion. I think they are deservingly in the playoffs and have had a great season, but My bears have easily beaten every team they have played this season except richlands. Morristown west score did not reflect the game at all. Union should have won that game 35 to 10. When you turn the ball over 5 to 6 times and still beat a school with more than double your student body that says something. I know MW is considered a 4A VA school but they are still a 1500 SB school. How many 600 to 700 SB schools go and beat 1500 SB schools while giving up 5 to 6 turnovers? I can only think of 1 team in SWVA in 2017 to do so and that is Union.

This link gives the student body (1460) for MW

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/tennessee/districts/hamblen-county/morristown-west-high-17919/student-body

This link gives the student body (654) for Union

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/virginia/districts/wise-co-public-schools/union-high-20679/student-body

Guys im no mathmatizer but 654*2= 1308. Now 1460-1308= 152.  that is more than 2 times the size of Union.

Enough about MW. I hear all this talk that Union is one dimensional run team that can be shut down but show me one team that has shut Union down. Im telling you guys, stack the box and blitz every down, key on james Mitchell, set your d up to stop the run and I promise you Union will still win. We have done it every game this season since Turner went down. Call it home town pride but I don't see anyone in region d coming to Bullitt Park and walking away with a win. Graham has the best chance at it but tonight at 7 Union is facing Marion not Graham and I know Union will win.

10 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

You don't need to be 'RUDE ' jarhead ! Flag end! If Richland players makes the play they should have then your homes this week. We'll  never know but that TD pass in first quarter. The receiver came down against the fence he was out of bounds. If that call had been made the Bears are scoreless with 2:00 to go in the game. Marion won't ba a push over. 

3 minutes ago, T52OS said:

You don't need to be 'RUDE ' jarhead ! Flag end! If Richland players makes the play they should have then your homes this week. We'll  never know but that TD pass in first quarter. The receiver came down against the fence he was out of bounds. If that call had been made the Bears are scoreless with 2:00 to go in the game. Marion won't ba a push over. 

The TD pass in the first quarter was definitely a touchdown seen the highlights on wcyb last night

15 minutes ago, T52OS said:

And if Ifs were 5ths we would all be drunk. Fact is Union won a hard fault ball game. If Richlands hadn't scored a touchdown all year they would be winless. If marion had not of beaten Va High they wouldn't be in the playoffs either. If Graham hadn't beaten all the teams they have beaten then they would have a loosing record. I can keep going but I wont. If if if. Fact is Union won and now we face Marion tonight in 10 hours. Jarhead you can be rude if ya like. I don't mind it at all.

3 minutes ago, PV2VT said:

And if Ifs were 5ths we would all be drunk. Fact is Union won a hard fault ball game. If Richlands hadn't scored a touchdown all year they would be winless. If marion had not of beaten Va High they wouldn't be in the playoffs either. If Graham hadn't beaten all the teams they have beaten then they would have a loosing record. I can keep going but I wont. If if if. Fact is Union won and now we face Marion tonight in 10 hours. Jarhead you can be rude if ya like. I don't mind it at all.

Be thankful pv2vt the bears are barely in the playoffs!!!!

12 minutes ago, T52OS said:

Be thankful pv2vt the bears are barely in the playoffs!!!!

Barely but surely. Union won even though Richlands played well enough to win. Union won a hard fought game against a much improved Richlands. A team Marion beat almost as late in the game as Union did. A team Graham beat in overtime. I cannot recall the last time a team beat Richlands twice in one season. No small feat at all. 

Keep refusing to give Union credit and being proven wrong almost every time. With your rhetoric most would have to get rude because you keep going. You can bet that players who may be reading are likely feeding off of it. 

26 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

Barely but surely. Union won even though Richlands played well enough to win. Union won a hard fought game against a much improved Richlands. A team Marion beat almost as late in the game as Union did. A team Graham beat in overtime. I cannot recall the last time a team beat Richlands twice in one season. No small feat at all. 

Keep refusing to give Union credit and being proven wrong almost every time. With your rhetoric most would have to get rude because you keep going. You can bet that players who may be reading are likely feeding off of it. 

They better feed off of something. Marion not a push over!

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

If and buts were candy and nuts, no one would go hungry at Christmas. I sure am glad it’s getting cold , that way snowflakes like you don’t melt, my god do you still live at home with mommy ? You started this calling me out on a different post , enjoy staying at home or go watch a basketball game with mom , don’t respond please because I am getting all broken up because “ I am so rude”....dang little boy

55 minutes ago, T52OS said:

They better feed off of something. Marion not a push over!

I haven't saw one single Bear fan predicting anything close to a pushover. You obviously made shit up, the replay showed Qualls clean TD, ergo no one should respond seriously but I got trolled.