Giles vs Appomattox

nrv_football

4 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Does Giles have a chance? Will this game be on the radio? I can't make it to the game.

Giles will need to play a perfect game and Appo will need to make mistakes. They have lots of speed and multiple play makers. They aren't 30 point favorites against everyone like they were last year, but I'm still putting them 10 points better than anyone in C and D. If Giles comes out like they did last night, it's going to make for a long night. Either way I'm proud of how this season has went thus far.

Why did someone gave to remind me of this game 6 days before it's played? Lol....could have waited till Friday when I was on the road to start it haha

We got our hands full for sure but for what we have and to be sitting at 9-2 right now IMO this entire coaching staff had done one hell of a job this year...and Ryan Beidleman we are dearly going to miss you kid whenever this season ends

15 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Does Giles have a chance? Will this game be on the radio? I can't make it to the game.

No, Giles does not have a chance.  No, Appomattox is not 30 point favorites than everyone in AA this year like they were last year, but they are still 21 point favorites, and 21 points is a lot of points.  One poster wrote 10 point favorites.  That's wishful.  We want it to be 10 points better than everyone else because we know that makes it doable.  Fact is, it's not 10 points better, it's more like 21 points, and like 2016, "it's not doable."

Appomattox 35-Giles 17.  Appomattox will get out to a lead (because they are winners) and Giles will try to play from behind.  Whether it's Giles turning over in its own territory early or Appo getting 2 huge break away or busted plays, look for Appomattox to go up by 2 TD's early, and it's game over.

3 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

No, Giles does not have a chance.  No, Appomattox is not 30 point favorites than everyone in AA this year like they were last year, but they are still 21 point favorites, and 21 points is a lot of points.  One poster wrote 10 point favorites.  That's wishful.  We want it to be 10 points better than everyone else because we know that makes it doable.  Fact is, it's not 10 points better, it's more like 21 points, and like 2016, "it's not doable."

Appomattox 35-Giles 17.  Appomattox will get out to a lead (because they are winners) and Giles will try to play from behind.  Whether it's Giles turning over in its own territory early or Appo getting 2 huge break away or busted plays, look for Appomattox to go up by 2 TD's early, and it's game over.

Giles has a "chance" because they will be on same field as Appo Friday..but not a good one lol

They have a better chance than Richlands, Gretna and Dan river because they have ZERO chance cause they are finished

And I'm not taking a shit at any of these 3 teams just pointing out we 81st least have a chance...small one but still one

19 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

Ohio State was a 20 point favorite vs. Iowa and lost by 30. 

Appo should be the favorite but this will be by far their best test since the game they lost. Giles will give them problems, and that comes from their fans - not me. 

Agree.  Giles is by far the best team Appo will have played since the Heritage loss.  I hope Giles beats em up.  Appo seems to rise to the occasion though.  If this game is at Giles, I think it's going down to the wire and a toss up.  At Appo, I just don't see the Spartans pulling it out, but I hope they do.

I said Appo is 21 pts better than anyone else in AA this year.  Should I retract that statement?  Check this out......and I know, it's tough to go by common opponents and score matching to assess a team, but as fans, it's still fun to do.  Check this out...

Appo vs Dan River.  Appo wins 34-21 at Dan River.  Last night, Glenvar 38-0 over Dan River at Glenvar.  I think Dan River is a rival game for Appo, but still, those 2 scores are a huge, huge difference in common opponents, and favoring Glenvar.

Appo vs Fork Union.  Appo wins 49-36 at Appomattox.  Fort Union vs 2A, Region A 1 seed Goochland who finished 9-1, Goochland won 32-0.  Again, common opponent, but dramatic difference in score favoring Goochland.

Maybe Appo can be beat.   I hope so.

17 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Ohio State was a 20 point favorite vs. Iowa and lost by 30. 

Appo should be the favorite but this will be by far their best test since the game they lost. Giles will give them problems, and that comes from their fans - not me. 

You sure haven't heard that from me lol

I e thought all season Giles would unseat Appo in Region C. I have no bias towards or against either team. It’s hard to stay hungry for three seasons i would imagine. Not saying Appo isn’t. But it’s easier to take for granted at this point in their impressive run. I’m going with Giles due to their fans backing. Appo can handle the wing. CC will vouch for that. But Giles seems confident theirs is more reliable. Praying for no injuries. 

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Biederman will have to become Jim Brown for Giles to win. He's great, but Appo just looks good.

Appo-42

Giles-33

It's going to take a miracle for one man to beat Appo. This would be a great week for the fullback to step up. We won't stop Appo from scoring, but we somehow will need to score with them and hope that we're able to stop them a few drives. I believe that their starters scored on us every drive against us last season.