Giles vs Appomattox

nrv_football

I haven't watched either team this season but I am very familiar with Giles and that horrid single wing o that can cause havoc for any opposing d.  If Giles can play old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust football with smashmouth d they might just pull off a win. Those Spartans have shocked the world before so don't count em out.  Giles wins by three. 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Is there any good family owned restaurants near Bragg? 

There is granny b but it won't be impressive. Best bet would be to hit wards road off of 460 by the airport. Wards road is littered with restruant and your only 20 miles from appo then. I forgot about Bull Daddys on the left as you just come into appo, they are pretty good.

No one runs the single wing as well as Giles does. Biedalman will not be able to do it alone. The FB and Wingback will have to

have some success.They will have to get some 3 and outs and stops on defense. And not giving up big plays is huge. Make

Appo have sustained drives. See if they can score without getting big plays. Put pressure on Appo to be disciplined in driving the

ball. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, TTownTigers said:

I said Appo is 21 pts better than anyone else in AA this year.  Should I retract that statement?  Check this out......and I know, it's tough to go by common opponents and score matching to assess a team, but as fans, it's still fun to do.  Check this out...

Appo vs Dan River.  Appo wins 34-21 at Dan River.  Last night, Glenvar 38-0 over Dan River at Glenvar.  I think Dan River is a rival game for Appo, but still, those 2 scores are a huge, huge difference in common opponents, and favoring Glenvar.

Appo vs Fork Union.  Appo wins 49-36 at Appomattox.  Fort Union vs 2A, Region A 1 seed Goochland who finished 9-1, Goochland won 32-0.  Again, common opponent, but dramatic difference in score favoring Goochland.

Maybe Appo can be beat.   I hope so.

Goochland played the actual FUMA prep high school team.  Appo played the prep/post grad team...according to Scrimmage play.  Not apples to apples...if this kind of comparison matters (and it does not). 

11 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

What's your analysis on the Appomattox Film?

Fast....Scruggs and Graves are Damn good football players...but that's no surprise lol and not as good as last year but still capable of winning it again....Will take any teams A game to beat them......we have our hands full for sure...and will need help from them to get a win friday

14 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Fast....Scruggs and Graves are Damn good football players...but that's no surprise lol and not as good as last year but still capable of winning it again....Will take any teams A game to beat them......we have our hands full for sure...and will need help from them to get a win friday

Best of luck! 

27 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Has Appo played anyone who runs the offense that Giles runs so efficiently?

This is the first year that Appp hasn't played against a team that runs the single/double wing. And them having many new faces on defense would give Giles a slight advantage. But with Beidleman having to do it all, its going to be tough. We need our fullback and wingback to step up.

36 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

This is the first year that Appp hasn't played against a team that runs the single/double wing. And them having many new faces on defense would give Giles a slight advantage. But with Beidleman having to do it all, its going to be tough. We need our fullback and wingback to step up.

Too late in season for that to happen IMO...we ride with Ryan Friday night and see how far he can take us

13 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Too late in season for that to happen IMO...we ride with Ryan Friday night and see how far he can take us

Not that I dislike APPO, God knows we've seen them enough, just hope you guys take the win.  I want to see someone from our area have success angina APPO!!!

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

Not that I dislike APPO, God knows we've seen them enough, just hope you guys take the win.  I want to see someone from our area have success angina APPO!!!

Nobody wants that more than us but it's gonna be tough as hell to get out of there with a win

25 minutes ago, PeaceMaker said:

Everyone is excited tho see how Giles is going to hold up against Appomattox. This will be close........

In the first quarter!!

Appomattox 35 - 6

I doubt they hold Giles to 6 points but I know we won't be able to stop them from scoring.